Post-Game Talk: All I do is pass pass pass no matter what even w/an empty net I won't ever get a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie skater

Jan 25, 2016
+ Pens working hard to keep that WC#1 position & not go up to 3rd in division :sarcasm:

Imo Kessel's defensive plays & work in NZ seems to be getting better, unfortunately at the same time his plays in the opponent's zone become a bit passive & maybe there's still a lil bit lack of reading with his on-ice-partners coz there are instances where he put himself in a scoring position but his partners are thinking otherwise. Sullivan & Kessel need to put his ground I think, if you want Kessel to be the man in his line then gives all the priority/power to makes play through him. However it does make it difficult for later on when Malkin comes back coz then Kessel would need to change his games again.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Phil and Sid are weird together. Sid can carry the puck and create for Phil, but when Phil has the puck it seems like he forces plays to Sid. I think what Phil needs is competent, 2nd tier Center. Someone who is talented, but that Phil is better than.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Phil and Sid are weird together. Sid can carry the puck and create for Phil, but when Phil has the puck it seems like he forces plays to Sid. I think what Phil needs is competent, 2nd tier Center. Someone who is talented, but that Phil is better than.

Nope, I wholeheartedly disagrees. What Phil Kessel needs is for Sid and Geno and Sullivan and Phil to sit down and for Sid, Geno, and Sullivan to say, "You're Phil Kessel. You shoot, you score. We're not going to be offended if you don't pass us the puck every goddamn shift"

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
I can honestly say I don't have any issues with Daley, at either end of the ice. Hard to believe he's the same player we heard so many bad things about from Stars and Hawks fans.

No complaints here, either. But, in fairness, he's playing with a guy who made Lovejoy look like a serviceable #4 defender and Scuderi look like he could still handle the NHL.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
oh wow, he was good two games with Sid... ok, I'm sold...

He was good in the one stupid game he got with Sid under the new coach. We have no idea how good (or not good) he'd be in a larger sample size because it hasn't been tried.

So yeah, as of right now, he produced with Sid. Until that sample size gets bigger, that's the only conclusion we can draw from it. :)

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
+ A win is a win
- Please send Poo back to WBS since you decided to staple his behind to the press box

I don't mind Phil being soft...it's been his inability to perform up to his capability on the offensive side that's worrying. We need to sprinkle in some jam next year (not talking about an enforcer). Our defense is so, so soft it's kind of comical. It's just not the right mix of guys yet to make any noise in the playoffs but I do feel that we have taken some steps forward this year. I feel a lot better about this team in the second half of this season than the last 3 years.

PS-Scuderi has 2A for LA tonight. Hell has frozen over.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'm not sure whether to be encouraged that they are playing with a lot of intensity, or discouraged knowing it will take that - and more - to make the playoffs.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Nope, I wholeheartedly disagrees. What Phil Kessel needs is for Sid and Geno and Sullivan and Phil to sit down and for Sid, Geno, and Sullivan to say, "You're Phil Kessel. You shoot, you score. We're not going to be offended if you don't pass us the puck every goddamn shift"

Well, thats kinda what I mean. he's not shooting, he's forcing plays, and thats the problem. I think you have brought up in the past that Phil is a bit...self conscious about his game. thats why, I think, he hasn't worked terribly well with Sid or Geno. He feels like he needs to get these guys the puck, when he should be shooting it.

In short, I do agree with you. Phil needs to shoot more. If he can do that with Sid or Geno, fantastic. If he can't then one of two things should happen. 1. Trade Phil. 2. Aquire a 3rd C who can compliment Phil. Obviously the hope is that he and Sid or Geno click, but if they can't something needs to be done. Not now, not even over the offseason, but if we are still having this conversation at the next deadline something has to happen.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ 2 points
- 1 point to the Islanders
+ regulation win between Flyers/Red wings (unfortunately it was the flyers on top... but still)
+ crosby looked great in the first
- over passing. geez. we all love pretty plays... but sometimes it is best to just shoot (looking at you crosby).
+ both goalies.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Just got back from the game

+ 2 pts
+ Faceoffs
+ Dumo .... he's just so solid
- Missing the damn net
- Overpassing like it's a bad joke
---- Shia Labeouf pump up crowd video. WUT?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

He seems more inclined to work with the other winger than anything, tbh. You'll see him make more plays with whoever is on the other wing than one of the centres. Then he goes through stretches of trying to force it to Malkin/Crosby. Phil needs to work through that.

Crosby developed a habit of ignoring his RW and looking for Kunitz when it was shameful and it stuck for awhile.

pouliot asked to go back to russia. sullivan is not happy

He wanted to get some Russian food for lunch and all of a sudden Sullivan is ranting and raving about loyalty and Visas.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012

It also couldn't hurt for him to win a few 50/50 pucks early in games. He lost everyone until the end of the game and by then. I was almost in shock when he would win it and maintain possession.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cullen was an afterthought of Fehr and Bonino at first. He's dominated those two this season and has unreal chemistry with Rust is really worth noting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad