Post-Game Talk: All I do is pass pass pass no matter what even w/an empty net I won't ever get a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
+ exciting game to watch
+ awesome 5vs5 shifts
- PP ... is Malkin really our only legitimate cannon?
- only reason why this game isn't finished in regular time (or OT for that matter)...they cannot ****ing finish

They haven't even really been setting Sid up for one timers with Geno out. I legitimately don't know what their plan is on the PP

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Maatta had a solid bounce back game. Sullivan's idea of accountability is clearly only for certain players and he's more likely to hold Kessel accountable than Kunitz or Bonino. That's a ****ing scary thought.

Wait, Kessel was bad tonight? He looked good in person.

I thought he had a good game. If he'd have scored a goal it would have been a great game.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
++ Letang: You could argue he's been our hero since #71 went down.

Maybe they piss him off intentionally with not giving him an "A" even if Malkin is injured? :laugh:

Big minus to Sullivan for only vets in OT and only 3:30 of TOI for Simon. And for basically gifting the Isles a point.

ps: I don't understand the Kessel hate after this game.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens didn't play bad but it is cleat they don't have another gear to go to. Malkin's loss simply kills that element of taking the game to another level.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Maybe they piss him off intentionally with not giving him an "A" even if Malkin is injured? :laugh:

Big minus to Sullivan for only vets in OT and only 3:30 of TOI for Simon. And for basically gifting the Isles a point.

ps: I don't understand the Kessel hate after this game.

I'm not a Kessel "hater," but sooner or later this guy needs to start putting the puck in the net with more regularity. You don't pay $6.8M/yr. for a guy to score 20 goals.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
2 points,...i'll take it. We had to of had the lowest shot on goal per scoring chance ratio in hockey history. Either no shot or hit the ****ing glass all night.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They haven't even really been setting Sid up for one timers with Geno out. I legitimately don't know what their plan is on the PP

They're like a drunk person trying to solve a puzzle. No logic, no memory for what worked or failed and the best they do is stumble into the right answer. There's no guarantee that they'll recognize or stick with the right answer.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Kessel was fine for a player who didn't score.

Was gonna say, he made some really deft passes, actually made some great plays away from the puck too. Definitely a much better game from him than his last few. Would like to see him more aggressive and generating scoring chances (and actually scoring) though of course.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
Kessel does in the shootout the one thing that he does well during the game...hard wrist shot. Also, what's up with Crosby in the shootouts? Seems like he never makes the goalie move left to right anymore... just a quick wrist shot into the goalie's pads, or 5-hole if he's lucky. Haven't seen anything like this famous Montreal shootout goal in years.

Guys can't finish or hit the damn net. How can a team dominate play for large periods of time and never have anything to show for it. I wouldn't complain about it if it hasn't become a TREND with this team.

MAF bails them out to steal a win, but they shouldn't have given the islanders a point in the first place.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The PK was solid for the most part then the Isles finally struck late on one.
5on5 D-zone coverage was good too.
But again, this was against a tired Isles team.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'm not a Kessel "hater," but sooner or later this guy needs to start putting the puck in the net with more regularity. You don't pay $6.8M/yr. for a guy to score 20 goals.

Okay. The Kessel criticism was valid after Sunday's game, but he played really well today. The only goal they scored today wouldn't have happened without the way he and Sid were working the puck.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015

Absolutely. Make no mistake, I'm disappointed by his output,too. But I don't get the hate after this game at all. I mean what situation was so infuriating to call him out?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dumo great game. He is by far the guy who needed to be signed. Size has good skating and is developing some offense. Maatta needs to sit. He is sooooooo slow.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Is there any chance we can unload Kessel during the draft?

Doubt it.
But we've sussed out that he may not have a NTC moving forward if we do move him later.

If Sully really hates him and JR finds a deal, i'd say there maybe is a chance but again, doubt it.

Too early.

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
Okay. The Kessel criticism was valid after Sunday's game, but he played really well today. The only goal they scored today wouldn't have happened without the way he and Sid were working the puck.

I don't get to see a ton of games living in England, and I knew he was soft and didn't go in the corners, but I never realised he was THIS soft.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It becomes really easy to know who to block bases on their idiotic posts about Kessel.

Oh you want to trade Kessel because he's soft? Do you know who Kessel is? That's like saying you want to get rid of your dog because it barks too much.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Absolutely. Make no mistake, I'm disappointed by his output,too. But I don't get the hate after this game at all. I mean what situation was so infuriating to call him out?

I agree, nothing to complain about from his play tonight. But like I said, the fact remains that he needs to start burying his chances.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
81 was skating the wrong routes all game. Messed up the power play breakout about five times.

Is what it is. I knew he didn't play right away from the puck when we got him. Only fair way to judge him is if he scored a goal or at least got dangerous looks. He did not.

Anyway, I'm inclined to agree with RRP otherwise. Isles used to skate us into the ground and they don't now. That's progress.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't get to see a ton of games living in England, and I knew he was soft and didn't go in the corners, but I never realised he was THIS soft.

I guess I've just become desensitized to it, because I thought he was fine this game, good in his own end and got to pucks he could get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad