Post-Game Talk: All I do is pass pass pass no matter what even w/an empty net I won't ever get a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
My favorite is when he turns 60-40 races in his favor to 50-50 ones.

Watch next time there's a race for the puck in the corner. Instead of getting there first, where the defender may get there a second later and smash him, he subtly slows down the way a defenseman might to get an icing called. This way he can just wave at the puck with his stick instead of taking any contact. I hate that ****.

But Humungus is right. His impotence from the left side of the ice is disconcerting.
And its not that hes slow. Hes so affraid to be hit that he would rather lose. Puck races... Games... Life....

Make him swallow a tape worm to lose the double chin but that loser attitude will haunt the Pens as long as hes here.

This isnt even a Sykora or Satan. Those player who were offense first and considered soft layed down in the third period of game 7 to block shots. Does anyone honestly think Kessel would do the same?

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
To be fair, has he been "hot" on the penguins at all this year?

Well, we certainly didn't see his detractors post when he scored twice and ended our long losing streak to the Flyers.

And while I'd like more production from him, I'm willing to give him more time - and him getting us a win against the Flyers after 8 straight losses, well, bought him lots of goodwill from me :laugh:

His performance against the Leafs is consistently very disappointing though.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
And its not that hes slow. Hes so affraid to be hit that he would rather lose. Puck races... Games... Life....

Make him swallow a tape worm to lose the double chin but that loser attitude will haunt the Pens as long as hes here.

This isnt even a Sykora or Satan. Those player who were offense first and considered soft layed down in the third period of game 7 to block shots. Does anyone honestly think Kessel would do the same?

Can't see Phil ever doing what Satan did. Love the end of that clip. Hail Satan.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Can't see Phil ever doing what Satan did. Love the end of that clip. Hail Satan.

Exactly... To win a cup you have to step up.

Look at Mario in 91... He went nose to nose with Tinordi to stick up for Phil Bourque. Thats the extra you give that makes you a leader and well liked in the locker room.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you make "Kessel is fat" comments, it's really hard to take your opinion seriously on him. It's like a Flyers fan trying to argue against Crosby while calling him "Cindy Crysby".

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
And what if after a 2nd season like this his trade value lessens. You dont take the Maple Leafs cancer and expect it to correct your team. He was pretty much given away for a reason.

This year was the year he could have proved everyone wrong... And he didnt. Forget the production... He didnt even show up in shape. He's not changing.

He didn't show up in shape? I guess you should lecture Gary Roberts on fitness then because Kessel worked with him all offseason.

You see, there are no shortage of valid criticisms of Kessel. Nobody takes you seriously when you start spouting nonsense about him being fat and out of shape.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Question: Which is the softest option among the following choices?

SoftWineForPaws.jpg

Soft_Ice_cream.jpg

or

Screen-Shot-2015-07-02-at-10.04.17-AM.png

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Hold up a second. Kessel is soft? I thought he was suppose to be a hard nosed power forward when we got him.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Hold up a second. Kessel is soft? I thought he was suppose to be a hard nosed power forward when we got him.
He was supposed to hit the open nets, pick the top corners with his wrister and being deadly on odd man rushes. He is not doing that. If he would do that, nobody would complain about him being butter-soft.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
He was supposed to hit the open nets, pick the top corners with his wrister and being deadly on odd man rushes. He is not doing that. If he would do that, nobody would complain about him being butter-soft.

Huh?

Then complain about his scoring below what you had hoped for. You know, a relevant complaint.

It is like complaining about a Victoria's Secret model being a bad cook. You did not start dating her for her cooking.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Huh?

Then complain about his scoring below what you had hoped for. You know, a relevant complaint.

It is like complaining about a Victoria's Secret model being a bad cook. You did not start dating her for her cooking.
And that´s exactly what I am doing. I am getting furious after his every missed chance, every pointless game etc.. It´s his finishing and his lack of production that drives me crazy. I am just explaining it about the other people here being harsh on him for his softness. Natural reaction.

Btw talking about dating Victoria secret model and that she can´t cook.. imagine her being useless in the bed too, imagine her suddenly adding some weight and not looking that great at all.. Like.. she is still quite attractive for an average girl but nothing like a supermodel. And she can´t cook, she can´t talk with you about basic stuff etc.. Would you be satisfied with her?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Huh?

Yes, but when her looks hit the wall, you most definitely will notice her bad cooking.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
If Phil was scoring like he has in the past or if he had at least one single intangible I don't think people would be complaining. He's good at shooting (if it's perfectly set up) and passing, thats it. I'm not sure why it's a crime to expect him to earn his paycheck.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Nope and I can tell you havent played much hockey beyond gym class. The guy has his rep around the league for a reason. The sad thing is he doesnt seem to care.

Kessel would need to be a 45 goal, 90 point player to excuse his warts. Hes literally that bad.

You don't know me, and you don't know ****. :laugh: Hell dude, I do judo with Czech riot cops here, competitively. I'm secure in my physical fitness and you'll find no bigger supporter of gritty power fowards here, or defending pests. I love old time hockey, as any quick glance through my post history shows. And who knows? If you were around in the 90s, maybe I came in a little late and high once or twice on you.

But to sell short on Kessel is a panic move plan and simple. Especially in today's market. Frankly, it sounds like you're letting your own emotions blind you about the failure of this season, so you're just lashing out with this dumb panic proposal.

Kessel's season is a statistical anomaly in a cluster**** of a season. He's not untouchable- if you get an insane, or even decent offer, by all means trade him. But to insist we trade him now for anything is the veritable dictionary definition of a panic move. To hold on to him for the beginning of next season is not the apocalypse, and it's not going to collapse his value to wait a few months to see if any coaching changes/offseason improvements/chemistry develop. It's a very simple risk/benefit analysis, actually.

Don't be that fan. You can be better than that and you have been better than that.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
what is the point of getting upset every game kessel doesn't have a point? it woudn't be worth getting upset after every game crosby doesn't have a point

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
what is the point of getting upset every game kessel doesn't have a point? it woudn't be worth getting upset after every game crosby doesn't have a point
Because unlike Crosby, Phil is useless if he doesn´t produce. Also, the frustration is growing around him, so it´s understandable with every single game now. It was the same with Crosby actually at the start of the season when he wasn´t producing. The difference now is that Crosby is producing well as of now, so he has kinda earned the "right" to have a game or two where he doesn´t produce.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Because unlike Crosby, Phil is useless if he doesn´t produce. Also, the frustration is growing around him, so it´s understandable with every single game now. It was the same with Crosby actually at the start of the season when he wasn´t producing. The difference now is that Crosby is producing well as of now, so he has kinda earned the "right" to have a game or two where he doesn´t produce.

which i thought we all acknowledged was stupid to do, so the same logic should apply now. there's been plenty of games this season where crosby not only doesn't produce but is an active detriment to the team

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Not only is Kessel's production non existent, he's becoming an offensive black hole.

Doesn't create offense. Flubs passes. Doesn't/can't 1 time. Misses empty nets. Demoted off the 1st PP unit.

Outside of the Scuds trade has JR done anything positive? Where is Shero at.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Not only is Kessel's production non existent, he's becoming an offensive black hole.

Doesn't create offense. Flubs passes. Doesn't/can't 1 time. Misses empty nets. Demoted off the 1st PP unit.

You're describing Kunitz, not Kessel.

Kessel is not an offensive black hole. It does not seem compatible to complain about someone's inability to finish on great chances and then say they are a black hole offensively. They wouldn't be getting all of those great chances if that were the case.

In the last game, the one goal they actually scored wouldn't have happened without all of the space Kessel and Crosby opened up with their passing. His ability to create offense is fine. It's his ability to capitalize on that offense that's off.

And clamoring for Shero right now is incredibly bizarre, but a whole other issue all together.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

Hyperbole. Black hole? He creates more chances than any other winger on this team.

It's also kind of strange that Kessel is the only one called out for poor finishing on a team where everybody hasn't finished well this year. Hell, our top 3 scorers have 20, 27 and 29. Malkin and Crosby have also missed a lot of grade-a chances. It is a team-wide problem.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wish people could make arguments on here without the gross hyperbole. Kessel's only issue right now is that he's struggling to score goals. That's it. He's generating chances and his playmaking has been good, he's just not scoring goals. In 2016, Kessel has a 23 goal and 62 point pace. Kessel's issue right now is scoring goals, that's basically it. If Kessel would be scoring 1 more goal every 10 games, no one would be complaining about his production (he'd be at a 30 goal, 70 point pace then in 2016).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad