Post-Game Talk: All I do is pass pass pass no matter what even w/an empty net I won't ever get a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm not his biggest fan, but I think I'd be fine if his shooting % was simply closer to years past. He's at 9% now. 12th in the league in shots on goal. He gets back to 12%, he's on pace for 32 goals and more than 60 pts, and I think this discussion is moot.

I can deal with his other faults. I refuse to believe this guy can't capitalize on 12% of his chances in this system and with the insulation our centers provide in terms of matchups.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He didn't show up in shape? I guess you should lecture Gary Roberts on fitness then because Kessel worked with him all offseason.

You see, there are no shortage of valid criticisms of Kessel. Nobody takes you seriously when you start spouting nonsense about him being fat and out of shape.

Do you have pics on that?

Because I have the bike gif, beach shirt guy pic, any damn pic showing boobs a double chin and a gut. Plus watch him on the bench. Hes always doubled over and can hardly breath. Does that come from him churning his legs?

Plus just watch him. I dont even think he can take more than three stride at any given time... 3 Stride Shakur.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Do you have pics on that?

Because I have the bike gif, beach shirt guy pic, any damn pic showing boobs a double chin and a gut. Plus watch him on the bench. Hes always doubled over and can hardly breath. Does that come from him churning his legs?

Plus just watch him. I dont even think he can take more than three stride at any given time... 3 Stride Shakur.

Oh my god, you have gifs! GIFS!

You're so full of ****, sorry. You're embarrassing yourself.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
I am surprised there are so many people defending Kessel. He was brought in to create offense and score goals and he is doing neither. And he's just getting worse as shown by his demotion off the 1st PP unit and having 1 goal in the last 12 games.

"There's plenty of time to improve" and "he's on a 60 point pace" is not good enough for an $8m winger who can't even crack the top PP unit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I am surprised there are so many people defending Kessel. He was brought in to create offense and score goals and he is doing neither. And he's just getting worse as shown by his demotion off the 1st PP unit and having 1 goal in the last 12 games.

"There's plenty of time to improve" and "he's on a 60 point pace" is not good enough for an $8m winger who can't even crack the top PP unit.

A. Kessel isn't an $8 million winger, he's a $6.8 million winger. His production is right in line with other players being paid at that level, the best comparable being Bobby Ryan
B. Saying "he can't even crack the top PP unit" is so hilariously biased that it doesn't even deserve a serious reply. I guess Malkin couldn't even crack the top PP unit when the Pens went with 2 separate units.
C. Nice job at arbitrarily setting a timeframe that supports your agenda. I can do the same thing. In his last 16 games, Kessel has 5 goals. That's a pace of 26 goals. Is it good enough? No, but it's not very far below where he should be at.
D. Seeing how he's putting up like a 60 point pace this calendar year, the idea that he's not creating offense is statistically false.

Your post is so agenda driven that it makes me nauseous.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Appeal to authority? Nice touch.

How is he simultaneously not finishing great scoring chances and not creating offense?

Oh my god, you have gifs! GIFS!

You're so full of ****, sorry. You're embarrassing yourself.

I didn't even think that post deserved a response :laugh:

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010

We didn't give him that contract. And we're paying him 6.8 mil/year on the cap.

He needs to be a 30 goal/60+ pt guy to justify the contract. He goes on a hot streak for a week and he finishes with those numbers.

The guy's a frustrating player. But offensive black hole is 100% ********. Again, 12th in the league in shots on goal and shooting 9%. His shot's too good for that to continue.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I didn't even think that post deserved a response :laugh:

It probably didn't and I'm guessing I'm going to regret I did respond to it, but oh well :laugh:

If Kessel gets 5 goals and 10 points in his last 13 games (finishing with 25 goals and 55 points), I'd consider this season overall okay for him. I don't see any reason why he won't be able to get back to the 30 goal, 70 point level for next year: he would have done that in 2016 if he hits those numbers

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It has to be really ****ed up that we get shooters and they turn into pass first players. If there is one thing I miss about James Neal, it's that the guy shot the puck when he got it, no matter where he was in the offensive zone, he'd let it fly.

Kessel, forget about it.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
You don't know me, and you don't know ****. :laugh: Hell dude, I do judo with Czech riot cops here, competitively. I'm secure in my physical fitness and you'll find no bigger supporter of gritty power fowards here, or defending pests. I love old time hockey, as any quick glance through my post history shows. And who knows? If you were around in the 90s, maybe I came in a little late and high once or twice on you.

But to sell short on Kessel is a panic move plan and simple. Especially in today's market. Frankly, it sounds like you're letting your own emotions blind you about the failure of this season, so you're just lashing out with this dumb panic proposal. Even now when hes over passing... Theres no bait and lure to his game... No sense. Its just going tape to tape.

Kessel's season is a statistical anomaly in a cluster**** of a season. He's not untouchable- if you get an insane, or even decent offer, by all means trade him. But to insist we trade him now for anything is the veritable dictionary definition of a panic move. To hold on to him for the beginning of next season is not the apocalypse, and it's not going to collapse his value to wait a few months to see if any coaching changes/offseason improvements/chemistry develop. It's a very simple risk/benefit analysis, actually.

Don't be that fan. You can be better than that and you have been better than that.
Dont take it the wrong way man... I get way to worked up about hockey and my Kessel hate goes back to when Mr Bugg was telling me he was the next Guy Lafleur when he was drafted. I dont know Kessel or think hes a bad team guy... I flat out hate the way he plays hockey, even when he does produce.

With the Pens, I see letting a player like this in as a poison. I think back to when Bob Johnson came to the Pens... You get rid of the Rob Browns... You bring in the Joe Mullens.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
-Bonino has 4 goals, 13 points in 50 games
-Fehr has 5 goals, 8 points in 42 games
-Bennett has 5 and 5 in 25 games, but he can't stay healthy
-Our coach flamed out and we had a mid season change
-Letang missed 10 games, and stunk for the first 2 months of the season
-Geno will miss 25 games, and scored 16 ES goals, 27 total
-Crosby stunk for the first 2.5 months of the season
-Phil has 17 ES goals, and is shooting 2% under his career average. He's 5 goals off his career average GPG so far this year.

So yeah, that last one is obviously the one to fixate on.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
It has to be really ****ed up that we get shooters and they turn into pass first players. If there is one thing I miss about James Neal, it's that the guy shot the puck when he got it, no matter where he was in the offensive zone, he'd let it fly.

Kessel, forget about it.

I'm still on the fence over that trade, which is why I never comment on it.

But I don't think I've ever seen a shooter power his shots THROUGH a goalie like Neal did. So often the puck would hit part of the goalie's equipment and STILL go in the net.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
OK well if you're not concerned about Kessel's play or production I guess you must be satisfied with the current Penguins team. I, for one, want to see my team succeed and win games.

On the other hand, if this is what you, and the GM, were expecting when acquiring PK, well that was just a stupid trade.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
OK well if you're not concerned about Kessel's play or production I guess you must be satisfied with the current Penguins team. I, for one, want to see my team succeed and win games.

On the other hand, if this is what you, and the GM, were expecting when acquiring PK, well that was just a stupid trade.

You should learn about nuance. And gray areas.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you can find anyone who's happy with Kessel's production, I'd be shocked. I just know that most people aren't willing to write off Kessel because he struggled at the beginning here (again, he hasn't been struggling for a while now) and they think the hilarious hyperbole and over the line reactions are just that. If Kessel had 5 more goals right now, I wouldn't complain about his production at all. That's how close he is to being where he should be.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I don't really care what he does in the regular season as long as we make the playoffs. If he helps get us past the 1st round, and we get a healthy Malkin back, all is forgiven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad