Divine

Dec 18, 2010
B9VCtLXCEAAuaci.jpg:large

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I'm a little nervous with Strome
A tad slow and soft - but big smart great hands so...

I'm really not a believer in favoring players based on size (within reason). The advantage Strome gets from his size is already reflected in his junior production, which in the games without McDavid is 1.5 PPG and may be a more true representation. Marner is at 2.0 PPG, and was ahead last year too. These days I think skating and hockey IQ is just as important in translating to the NHL as size, if not more so.

Both should be 1st line players but I have a little more faith in Marner to become a star, top 10 in points type, and maybe a better two way player too. He seems to have a more complete offensive skillset, and he's not finding success by simply dangling through a bunch of lesser junior players, a lot of his success is coming from how well he uses his teammates and his hockey IQ, which should translate well.

But I have limited viewings of them so I'll just be happy with whoever we choose... would really like to be in the top 3 though and get a sure-fire cornerstone piece.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
27 games left, 5 points ahead of third pick and CLB and CAR have 3 games in hand!

3rd or 4th is a very real posibility!! 1st or 2nd is absolutely impossible, BUF is guarenteed at least eichel and EDM is guarenteed at least hanifin, amazing prospects for both teams.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Top 5 is the aim imo.. Drop-off from McEichelFin & Strome+Marner isn't huge, but enough for me to want Top 5 specifically. Top 3 is a dream, but the Leafs falling to 8th last year was a dream and everything played out just perfectly for the tank as the season went on

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Top 5 is the aim imo.. Drop-off from McEichelFin & Strome+Marner isn't huge, but enough for me to want Top 5 specifically. Top 3 is a dream, but the Leafs falling to 8th last year was a dream and everything played out just perfectly for the tank as the season went on

3rd is the best spot that we need to get too.

33.5% chance we get at least Hanifin(cornerstone d-man), 11.5% chance at mcdavid and 100% chance at strome, marner or whoever else we want!

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
This tank is unstoppable.

This is amazing.

This is the best thing that could have possibly happened to the team this year. We're gonna set the ship on the right course for the next 2 decades (if they don't mess it up now!).

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Peter Horachek is such a tanker.

"The guys scored 4 goals tonight. They didn't give a **** about the tank... Uh, the win."

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
This tank is unstoppable.

This is amazing.

This is the best thing that could have possibly happened to the team this year. We're gonna set the ship on the right course for the next 2 decades (if they don't mess it up now!).

I know. I just want a fresh new start to an era, with Rielly and Kadri playing key roles and a fresh batch of prospects making the jump to the big league.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I know. I just want a fresh new start to an era, with Rielly and Kadri playing key roles and a fresh batch of prospects making the jump to the big league.

Get ready for the Auston Matthews sweepstakes. He's by far and away the best prospect heading into the 2016 draft. Played great as a 17 year old for the US at this year's WJHC. He's a C too. I really expect the Leafs to be right there as a contender for him next year.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Ekblad is amazing. But IMHO, Hanny will be better. Has an NHL ready game right now according to 5 scouts.

Ekblad is proven NHL ready, and was to start the season.
3rd. in rookie scoring.
18th. in defender scoring.

Sounds like whoever gets Eichel and McDavid are getting generational talent, if Hanifin is a step below them but a step above Ekblad.

Good thing is you don't need generational talent to win the Cup, just strength down the middle, a true 1st. pairing, and a goaltender.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Get ready for the Auston Matthews sweepstakes. He's by far and away the best prospect heading into the 2016 draft. Played great as a 17 year old for the US at this year's WJHC. He's a C too. I really expect the Leafs to be right there as a contender for him next year.

If the Leafs can get 2 top 6 centers over the next 2 years, they'll have 2 centers to build around and provide strength, not depth, down the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad