Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Just so you know, we ran Murphy off our boards years ago for spitting out false rumors and shaky at best inside info. He's a snake oil salesman and we don't trust him at all.

That's not to say he doesn't have connections. He does. More times than not, he's been proven to run his mouth without any substance and is missing journalistic integrity.

Fair enough. You guys would know better than anyone else!

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Customs adds to that, even with Global Entry.

Lol, I have Nexus/Global Entry and cross the border all the time. It adds about an extra 2 minutes over a domestic flight. Big deal.

Also, Obama already agreed to add pre-clearance at Billy Bishop, which will make it even easier, doing it at a tiny airport. The legislation is supposed to be passed before the end of the term.

TedBulley

Aug 12, 2016
I think it's funny how many on this board are grasping at anything to eliminate Chicago. Gonna be a meltdown here when he signs with the Hawks.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I think it's funny how many on this board are grasping at anything to eliminate Chicago. Gonna be a meltdown here when he signs with the Hawks.

Agent already said Det too far from home. Chi is out. Shocked not seeing this on the thread. No network had a guy on talking about that. They had a graphic showing Det closer than Chicago lol

TedBulley

Aug 12, 2016
Agent already said Det too far from home. Chi is out. Shocked not seeing this on the thread. No network had a guy on talking about that. They had a graphic showing Det closer than Chicago lol

Hawks are meeting with Vesey tomorrow, yeah they're out. That's why you're not seeing it in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

To be fair it sounds like Vesey camp wanted to let the Wings down easy

Telling them that team is mediocre and heading towards rebuild isn't best answer. letting them down easy is best case

I still believe Hawks are longshot at this point because of the "Playing close to home part"

KreiderHouseRules*

They aren't the be all and end all for news.

Stuff leaks.

Agreed, and the opposite is also sometimes true. Sometimes McKenzie isn't reporting anything because nothing leaked. Nobody knew about Brass for Zibanejad. There's no beneficial reason for Vesey's camp to leak anything at this point.

Not to mention, sometimes there just isn't anything to leak because there really hasn't been any decision made.

Remember all the Stamkos rumors?

NYI to be in on Stamkos. NYR trading Stepan to clear space for Stamkos. DET and TOR in on Stamkos. And then Stamkos had his agent call Yzerman last minute and they each gave a little and he took the best deal on the table.

Patience. Hopefully this doesn't drag past the weekend though.

Last edited by a moderator:

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Could be taken either way.

The tweet just said NY, not specifying NYS or NYC.

"3 NY teams" could either mean the three teams that play in the state or the three teams in the NYC metro area.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think it's either Boston, NYR or New Jersey by the sounds of it

don't think it's Boston.

mentioned this in another thread. The Vesey family heard loud and clear how the Boston Faithful treated the hometown kid Jimmy Hayes.

Granted he had a poor season, but the personal nature of the critiques were not deserved.

we'll see, but I doubt Boston signs him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig