Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
What's interesting about it? You going to debase all my comments based on where I'm living currently? Grow up. I don't even live near Buffalo.

You're reaching about how much I believe in Murphy, but okay. I don't think he's that credible nor do I have a huge faith in him. I was merely making a comment about what he could have meant. Newark and the surrounding area is pretty much considered part of the NY metro area, so maybe there is traction there. Maybe he did mean NYR/NYI/BUF instead. But I'm leaning towards he meant NYR/NYI/NJD.

I seriously don't know what you're trying to go for here.

Just so you know, Murphy is less reliable than anyone I can think of right now.

KreiderHouseRules*

I wish my parents had sent me to this "Jimmy Vesey Camp" I keep hearing about. Instead I played deck hockey at Hofstra for 2 months. Pfft.

KreiderHouseRules*

"Sources in The Jimmy Vesey Camp have confirmed he's deciding between Chipotle and Moe's for dinner tonight."

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Calm down. I have t shirts older than you. So dont get personal kiddo.

I thought you were being quite dismissive of something out of hand. Warrior and the new arena.
yet citing somebody completely unreputable as something viable.

I found it a bit comical.

Considering hes not allowed here. For reasons I wont go into.

Just read your wording as a bit aggressive, that's all.

I didn't say Murphy was viable. I merely suggested that he probably meant one thing while responding to something that might have meant the other. I don't view him as credible either way.

As for the Warrior thing, I think it's purely coincidence. I don't think it's telling that he signs a sponsorship deal simply because of a practice facility for a team. Does Warrior sponsor every other player on the Bruins? I don't know, it just doesn't seem like anything more than a coincidence. :dunno:

PIT is kind of in NY, right? :D

Yeah, if you ignore New Jersey and Philadelphia. And all the Amish people. Practically neighbors. :laugh:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Just so you know, Murphy is less reliable than anyone I can think of right now.

I know. I never said he was credible, nor do I think he is. I was just chiming in on the "did he mean this, did he mean that."

Just didn't expect my comment to be taken so seriously and represent some kind of allegiance to him as a credible source.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
They made their pitch and are standing back. They've staying in the conversation this long. That alone was worth the 3rd rounder.

Who's dropped out of the conversation at this point? Everybody but Nashville managed to "stay in the conversation." Doesn't mean we actually improved our odds of signing him.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Who's dropped out of the conversation at this point? Everybody but Nashville managed to "stay in the conversation." Doesn't mean we actually improved our odds of signing him.
Actually, no. There's a short list of teams as of a few days ago, and BUF is one of them.

The Wizz

Nov 3, 2015
WNY is not upstate NY.
Western New York is just that, Western New York.
Upstate New York is considered anything east of the Rochester area over to Albany and North.

Amen brother. It always amazes me that I live just north of Buffalo, living closer to Detroit and Chicago than I do to NYC, and yet people ask me which of the 5 boroughs I'm from whe I say I'm from New York. Ridiculous.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is also the idiot radio host from the Fan and i highly doubt he has sources in Veseys camp. Dont get me wrong, as a pens fan i hope hes right but i dont trust him

Well you better hope your team can make professional presentations. :laugh:

These clowns on twitter are grasping at straws. This kid needs to sign somewhere already. I really don't care where.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Whoo doggie! Jimmy, let's play a game called look at your options:

1. Which NY team is the best? Islanders.
2. Which NY team has the best prospect cabinet? Islanders.
3. Which NY team has the best overall forward? Islanders.

Choice should be simple bro. The Devils and Rangers? You honestly want to break into the league playing with Stepan or Henrique? How do you think you'll do on a line with John Tavares? Will you get nervous and timid, or will you rise to the occasion and give coach a reason to keep you there? Let's see what you can do.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Well you better hope your team can make professional presentations. :laugh:

These clowns on twitter are grasping at straws. This kid needs to sign somewhere already. I really don't care where.

Yeah, this is crazy that he's been a free agent for 22.75 hours and hasn't made his mind up about a decision that will affect, at least, his next 5 years. Those decisions should take 5 hours! :sarcasm:

Seriously, the impatience is a little ridiculous. No matter that it's likely going to take 2 more days for him to come to a decision.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'll say it now, whether he signs with NJ or anywhere else. I don't think he will be better than a 40 point player. If the stars align maybe 50.

I would not stick my nose up to a decent free asset, but I'm not seeing anything beyond special here (definitely not worth this buzz).

Hopefully others remain honest if/when he signs with a rival.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Hawks are meeting with Vesey tomorrow, yeah they're out. That's why you're not seeing it in this thread.

I haven't see that. I mean how it is possible you can tell an NHL team sorry you are too far he wants to be closer to home and then go farther. How is that possible?

If the agent says that why meet with us? Brutal.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah, this is crazy that he's been a free agent for 22.75 hours and hasn't made his mind up about a decision that will affect, at least, his next 5 years. Those decisions should take 5 hours! :sarcasm:

Seriously, the impatience is a little ridiculous. No matter that it's likely going to take 2 more days for him to come to a decision.

I want it over with so it can stop being a story. It isn't him so much as the coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad