Injury Report: All-encompassing injury thread (Zetterberg Update Post #400)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
this sucks.. on one hand im happy we will only miss the playoffs because of injuries and not lack of talent. on the other hand, I don't want to miss the playoffs at all.. but its going to be tough.

we need to win 3/4 this week and hope to god philly, caps and cbus lose a few.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Now apparently Abby is injured too. I'm seriously at a loss for words at how much we've been affected by injuries this season.

From Kulfan:
Ted Kulfan @tkulfan
Just in case the Red Wings called up Landon Ferraro from GR as Justin Abdelkader has lower body injury. They're not sure if Abby can play

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Khan's latest doesn't look good:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/03/red_wings_recall_landon_ferrar.html

Darren Helm (concussion) has had a setback. It doesn’t appear he will return soon.

Helm hasn’t played since March 4. He was unable to practice on Saturday.

Stephen Weiss (hernia surgery) will go for a second opinion and is not close to returning.

Daniel Cleary has had fluid removed from his knee twice and hasn’t practiced in a couple of weeks.

Weiss and Cleary skated Monday during the team’s day off.

Joakim Andersson, who has a hairline fracture in his foot, will be out at least another week, likely longer.

Tomas Jurco (broken rib) will be reassessed next week.

Pavel Datsyuk, who the club said on March 5 would be shut down for three weeks due to his knee injury, will be reassessed in a week to 10 days.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Weiss going for a second opinion and not close to returning? I think we might have to consider the possibility that its not just Weiss's season thats shot. Seems like he's had setback after setback and they're not quite sure why.

Maybe they put him on LTIR and he stays there like Pronger and Savard? Sorts out the whole trade vs. buyout conundrum.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I like how Dan Cleary is getting fluid drained from his knee. Dude hasn't played in months. That's how old his body is.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
this sucks.. on one hand im happy we will only miss the playoffs because of injuries and not lack of talent. on the other hand, I don't want to miss the playoffs at all.. but its going to be tough.

we need to win 3/4 this week and hope to god philly, caps and cbus lose a few.
If we had a 1st pairing like Lids/Rafalski we'd make the playoffs with 12 Emmerton's. Injuries are what is killing us but a lack of elite talent is why we're not able to overcome it. Either Howard or Kronwall will have to play at the elite level they are capable of down the stretch, maybe both of them, if we are going to have a chance. That this team is resting on the shoulders of Datsyuk and Z is not news.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Listen I am mad about the injury prevention to begin with, but it is pretty pathetic how they get these guys back too. Sammy and Bert last year, Helm, now Weiss, what the **** are we doing in rehab. Seriously it is terrible to talk about somebodies livelihood this way, but Piet Van Zant has failed, thanks for 19 years of service but we need to go in a different direction and he needs to be fired.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If we had a 1st pairing like Lids/Rafalski we'd make the playoffs with 12 Emmerton's. Injuries are what is killing us but a lack of elite talent is why we're not able to overcome it. Either Howard or Kronwall will have to play at the elite level they are capable of down the stretch, maybe both of them, if we are going to have a chance. That this team is resting on the shoulders of Datsyuk and Z is not news.

Kronwall is playing at a high enough level that him playing at an "elite" level isn't going to be that much to overcome this defense. I'm not sure even Lidstrom at his elite level could make do with Lashoff, Smith, Quincey, and now Ericsson making bone-headed plays all over the place. Every game, we seem to have one defense pairing that is wholly incompetent and often we have two. Combine that with downright mediocre goaltending no matter who is in net and there's nothing to prevent this free-fall.

We've constructed a team with a defense incapable of bailing out the goaltender and goaltenders incapable of bailing out the defense. And its being exposed now that we don't have a pack of elite two-way forwards to mask or mitigate those weaknesses.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Team Injured:
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert
Abby-Weiss-Jurco
Andersson-Helm-Samuelsson
Ahl 4th line

Vs.

Team Healthy:
Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Tatar-Sheahan-Alfie
Miller-Glendening-Pulkkinen
Tootoo-Emmerton-Ferraro

Teams are pretty even imo

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Team Injured:
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert
Abby-Weiss-Jurco
Andersson-Helm-Samuelsson
Ahl 4th line

Vs.

Team Healthy:
Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist
Tatar-Sheahan-Alfie
Miller-Glendening-Pulkkinen
Tootoo-Emmerton-Ferraro

Teams are pretty even imo

The only thing to do now is laugh it off :laugh: I made a poll on the main boards for this.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Just wanted to point out....

This was our opening game line-up at forward:

Henrik Zetterberg - Pavel Datsyuk - Justin Abdelkader
Johan Franzen - Stephen Weiss - Daniel Alfredsson
Daniel Cleary - Joakim Andersson - Todd Bertuzzi
Drew Miller - Cory Emmerton - Todd Bertuzzi

......and this was our line-up at forward vs. the Hawks yesterday:

Gustav Nyquist - David Legwand - Johan Franzen
Justin Abdelkader - Riley Sheahan - Tomas Tatar
Teemu Pulkkinen - Luke Glendening - Daniel Alfredsson
Drew Miller - Cory Emmerton - Jordin Tootoo

We have five forwards from opening night still in the forward line-up. Five. And two of those are fourth liners. :laugh:. I've honestly never seen something like this that I can remember. Kind of incredible that we can even still put out two decent scoring lines.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I have hope that with the addition of Legwand and the emergence of the kids we might have the best forward group in the league when healthy. Being healthy, thats a joke though!

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
yeah, but Bertuzzi, Cleary, and Sammy should have never even been on the team and Nyquist and Tatar should have been on from day 1. It was an outrage that they weren't.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Make that four with Abdelkader apparently out now. It's truly the gift that keeps on giving. Injury prone is a catchable disease on this team.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Weiss went from "back in a few days!" to "not even close."

WTF is up with that guy? I want to give him a chance but he's making it incredibly hard.

Same here.

He was always a favorite of mine in Florida but at this point I am ready to write him off completely, at least for this season, and have zero expectations for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad