Speculation: All-encompassing Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The delusion in this thread is amazing...with all the young talent in the Metro and the competitiveness of the division, the Pens will taking up space at the bottom of the division next season with the NJD...it’s going to take some great trades of current players for younger players and prospects really taking a step forward for the Pens to be a playoff team next year...that’s a crap shoot...we are just too old and stale rn...hopefully a change of GM and/or coach helps...they have to make the right moves...

they have to keep the 15th pick...

Islanders and Philly are about to get f***ed by the Cap. Washington is basically us with less talented stars. Columbus f***ing blows and will continue to blow when they give out ridiculous contracts to keep a solid yet unimpressive D together.

Carolina will likely be really good. Rangers potentially, but their D is still ugly.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Islanders and Philly are about to get f***ed by the Cap. Washington is basically us with less talented stars. Columbus f***ing blows and will continue to blow when they give out ridiculous contracts to keep a solid yet unimpressive D together.

Carolina will likely be really good. Rangers potentially, but their D is still ugly.
The Rags will have mad talent on wing but they're thin down the middle.

Reactions: farscape1

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think it's a bit better than solid. According to some pundits this draft is like 2003. Lots of good players to go in the first couple of rounds.

I don't think it'll be a 2003, that's a pretty tall task since that class may be the best ever. I do like the depth in this draft though. The top-10 is legit...I'd love for JR to somehow get in there and get one of Sanderson, Holtz, Raymond.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don't think it'll be a 2003, that's a pretty tall task since that class may be the best ever. I do like the depth in this draft though. The top-10 is legit...I'd love for JR to somehow get in there and get one of Sanderson, Holtz, Raymond.
1979 was an excellent draft also. 1979, 2003, now 2020? Could be.

JR needs to keep the pick.

CallArnoldSlick

Party Fowl
May 21, 2010
1979 was an excellent draft also. 1979, 2003, now 2020? Could be.

JR needs to keep the pick.

Don't forget about the GOAT 2015.

McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Rantanen, Barzal, Boeser, Connor, Hanifin, Provorov, Meier, Chabot, Samsonov, Konecny.

Also decent players in Beauvillier, DeBrusk, Gurianov, Zacha, Strome, Svechnikov, Eriksson Ek, White, Crouse, Juulsen, Roslovic, Larsson.

That's just the first round. Pens should have had the 16th pick, which was Barzal.

Edit: Aho taken 35th.

Reactions: Ryder71

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I like Lundell as well. Mentioned him in the prospect thread. Love his game as a 2b kind of center in the Kopitar type.

not really as big and without the offensive skill...he’s kind Oskar Sundqvist to me...he’d be a safe but closer to NHL ready prospect who could develop into a 2C but without any exciting offensive talents...won’t be an impact player but he’s just the two way hardworking blah player that Sullivan likes...we need impact, verve, juice...we have to take a risk on getting someone whose ceiling is much higher...

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
And you predicate that on what exactly? Because I've heard nothing but the opposite.
Mostly my worthless gut feeling, but also a combination of reading and watching draft content and the fact that there was a lot of playoffs and high pressured hockey cancelled this year. Maybe skewing scouts opinions on players towards the positive. Seems weird that Lafreniere is the clear cut #1, but not a generational talent. I think it will be a good draft just not amazing. We will see in 3 or 4 years.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
no argument from me. Only way I’d say don’t keep it is if I knew there was a 100% chance at Owen Power next year...
There isn't a guarantee for next year as we know. Now we're already looking at next years draft. Well, I doubt it'll much matter because we probably won't be picking high next year.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Mostly my worthless gut feeling, but also a combination of reading and watching draft content and the fact that there was a lot of playoffs and high pressured hockey cancelled this year. Maybe skewing scouts opinions on players towards the positive. Seems weird that Lafreniere is the clear cut #1, but not a generational talent. I think it will be a good draft just not amazing. We will see in 3 or 4 years.
If it isn't I'll blame you.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
not really as big and without the offensive skill...he’s kind Oskar Sundqvist to me...he’d be a safe but closer to NHL ready prospect who could develop into a 2C but without any exciting offensive talents...won’t be an impact player but he’s just the two way hardworking blah player that Sullivan likes...we need impact, verve, juice...we have to take a risk on getting someone whose ceiling is much higher...
Mate I might have initially been attached to Lundell hype because of the Sully of it all. I might have mentioned that in the prospect thread too now that I remember.

Yeah I go for the highest ceiling prospect available at that pick

Reactions: Andy99

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Seth Jarvis could end up like a Braden Point imo I’d go with him. I also like Marat Khusnutdinov, but that’s a bit of a reach.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I don’t think he is that at all from what I’ve seen.

He is a high IQ player that fashions himself after Barkov and Datsyuk. So like exactly the opposite of what you are selling him as.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t think he is that at all from what I’ve seen.

He is a high IQ player that fashions himself after Barkov and Datsyuk. So like exactly the opposite of what you are selling him as.

Lol...“fashioning” and being as good a player are two different things...I fashion myself after Jimmy Page when I play the guitar..

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad