Speculation: All-encompassing Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
If we don't make the playoffs next year, we have a 93.3% chance of improving upon pick 15 and a 0% chance of sliding past 15. Even if we select a good player at 15, the chances of him impacting our lineup in the next two years while we still have Geno and Letang locked up are slim.

So if you don't think that we're a guaranteed playoff team, the math says let Minnesota get their first this year.

Knee jerk reaction for me is to assume they make playoffs

Reactions: canadianguy77

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Time to NHL Debut/First Full Season (defined by me as 50+ games)...

Forbort - D+6/D+7
Miller - D+2/D+4
Ceci - D+2/D+3
Pulock - D+3/D+5
Larkin - D+2/D+2
Senyshyn - D+4/-
Kunin - D+2/D+4
Brannstrom - D+2/-

The likelihood of getting someone who can be involved in 21-22 is good - about 50% - although fully ready will probably take longer
Don't worry about when they're ready. Worry about the impact they'll potentially have when they are. We're not in a hurry anymore.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don’t think Murray has any value right now unless a GM is trapped in 2017.
All it takes is one, but I agree that he shouldn't have much in the way of value. We just have to hope theres one rogue GM out there who believes he can recapture his glory.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I believe we'll make it. And I also believe we'll lose in four or five games. But if we make it we'll be drafting in the late teens or low 20's. Which is why you keep this pick this season.

Exactly

They ain't Going far..but even as bad as they have played lately...they'll make playoffs in a real season

Grab the guaranteed 15 this year

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pens aren’t giving this pick to Minnesota. Are you guys on that good stuff right now?

GMJR would send a message to the team f*** it you aren’t good enough for the playoffs next year so suck it up boys...
I agree with you, it would be absolute lunacy to not keep this pick.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lundell or Guhle seem like the picks we will be taken with how we’ve drafted lately.

that would be a mistake, especially Lundell...he doesn’t have great upside for that high of a pick...too safe..they need to go for greatness with that pick, not a third line contributor...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Do we even know when the draft is gonna be? Assuming the playoffs last a month and a half, probably like October-ish?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The delusion in this thread is amazing...with all the young talent in the Metro and the competitiveness of the division, the Pens will taking up space at the bottom of the division next season with the NJD...it’s going to take some great trades of current players for younger players and prospects really taking a step forward for the Pens to be a playoff team next year...that’s a crap shoot...we are just too old and stale rn...hopefully a change of GM and/or coach helps...they have to make the right moves...

they have to keep the 15th pick...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Disagree. Lundell has potential to be a Hintz type 2C.

doesn’t skate well enough rn...I hate taking another flier on a mediocre skater that we hope to change...They should be looking to find the next Aho or Pastrnak

CallArnoldSlick

Party Fowl
May 21, 2010
Are they even going to play junior/college hockey this season? I know the CHL leagues are pushing start dates back to December. That might be optimistic still. There's a lot of questions about how that will affect the development of 2021 draft class/teams ability to scout it.

Just take the pick this season.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
I swear to God if JR doesn't keep this pick...

1.) Solid draft. Decent draft position
2.) Probably a playoff team next year
3.) COVID - who knows what happens with leagues. Prospects could lose some development

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

3.) COVID - who knows what happens with leagues. Prospects could lose some development

Well thats just the thing COVID gave him the opportunity for 1OA.
It would send a message that he thinks we suck tho if he gives it up.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
that would be a mistake, especially Lundell...he doesn’t have great upside for that high of a pick...too safe..they need to go for greatness with that pick, not a third line contributor...
I think exactly the opposite. Lundell may be just a third line center material, but he’s the closest one that has a chance to contribute in this era. Already played in a man’s league. Also we need a quality 3C.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

I think it's a bit better than solid. According to some pundits this draft is like 2003. Lots of good players to go in the first couple of rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->