AEW All Elite Wrestling #7: An Anxious Millennial World Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Nah, not yet, he is their biggest needle mover.

He should definitely turn heel in the next 18 months, but there is no need to do it directly after the MJF feud (that was, he should lose).
Don’t know if it will be 18 months. But they will know. He’s doing exactly what he said he was going to do in his first promo, and thats wrestle the new talent and in AEW you do what you say you’re going to do. You know, you’re not really supposed to want guys to go heel, I know people’s characters are better that way, but you don’t want another top guy in a spot like Cody is in or Roman Reigns where going heel will get the face reaction.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Pattaya, Thailand
Funny thing is Billy Gunn has a better physique than 95% of the roster. What are these other guys doing? Punk and Darby look like they hit the gym once a week. Don't these guys only work like 2-3 days a week? Get your ass in the gym!

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Funny thing is Billy Gunn has a better physique than 95% of the roster. What are these other guys doing? Punk and Darby look like they hit the gym once a week. Don't these guys only work like 2-3 days a week? Get your ass in the gym!

Too bad Billy Gunn has never been a decent wrestler though. The only man that Chris Benoit couldn't get a good match out of.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Cm Punk vs. MJF is one of my dream feuds, but I wished they would continue Punk vs. Kingston instead. I think there was still more to do there. Perhaps they're afraid Punk would get booed.

I was thinking today how awesome a Page vs MJF feud would be. There's no one more over than Page and there is no heel better than MJF.

Reactions: Megahab

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

A jacked CM Punk and Darby Allin would look weird. Both have bodies that match their characters.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
There's been a lot of recent talk in TV of the 4 pillars of AEW: MJF, Darby Allin, Jungle Boy and Sammy Guevara.

Does anyone else think Orange Cassidy should be in that conversation? Those are the 5 guys that are really over that I hadn't even heard of before AEW.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The problem I have with it is not the quality of the matches, some of which have been amazing, but after the long build for Hangman/Omega, there really aren't any story lines being built up. It all seems to be a new match with two different people every week. They have their match and then they move on. Tony is like a kid in a sand box that gets distracted every 10 minutes.

I'm not saying he's booker of the year. I only watch AEW and WWE and whatever Khan is doing is miles ahead of the boring garbage on WWE TV.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Danielson going heel... Too soon and feels... well not forced, but it's like a light switch was flipped. Completely unnecessary too. Not every match/feud has to have a heel vs a face or vice versa.
  • As much as I don't like Team Tazz, and it is really lame, I do like the idea of them trying to recruit Dante Martin. Would be interesting to see Big Money Matt step in as well.
  • The Pinnacle is just... Can we move on already? Doesn't even make much sense at this point. MJF and FTR should be doing their own things and Spears and Wardlow can both go to WWE.
  • Jay Lethal is a talent to be sure, but with the roster getting bloated they need to start leveraging angles between the mid to lower card guys on Dark and Dark Elevation. This is also why part of me thinks there's room for another men's title.
  • The Elite's promo was good and we'll see where this goes in the future.
  • Punk coming out during MJF's segment was great, and I'm not a Punk mark either, but it just walks away from Darby-MJF and Punk-Kingston while there's still all the meat on the bone. Storylines need to be played out more.
  • And what's with that 8 man tag match coming up? Storyline is there, well at least it's explained, but just separate the damn feuds already.
Anyway, this is a lot of complaining for something I'm still really enjoying. Just think there's room for improvement.

There's been a lot of recent talk in TV of the 4 pillars of AEW: MJF, Darby Allin, Jungle Boy and Sammy Guevara.

Does anyone else think Orange Cassidy should be in that conversation? Those are the 5 guys that are really over that I hadn't even heard of before AEW.

I don't, but I can understand the question being asked.

With regards to MJF, I think it's a mistake to give him the title at the moment. Hangman should be getting a good run considering Kenny's run.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
  • Danielson going heel... Too soon and feels... well not forced, but it's like a light switch was flipped. Completely unnecessary too. Not every match/feud has to have a heel vs a face or vice versa.
  • As much as I don't like Team Tazz, and it is really lame, I do like the idea of them trying to recruit Dante Martin. Would be interesting to see Big Money Matt step in as well.
  • The Pinnacle is just... Can we move on already? Doesn't even make much sense at this point. MJF and FTR should be doing their own things and Spears and Wardlow can both go to WWE.
  • Jay Lethal is a talent to be sure, but with the roster getting bloated they need to start leveraging angles between the mid to lower card guys on Dark and Dark Elevation. This is also why part of me thinks there's room for another men's title.
  • The Elite's promo was good and we'll see where this goes in the future.
  • Punk coming out during MJF's segment was great, and I'm not a Punk mark either, but it just walks away from Darby-MJF and Punk-Kingston while there's still all the meat on the bone. Storylines need to be played out more.
  • And what's with that 8 man tag match coming up? Storyline is there, well at least it's explained, but just separate the damn feuds already.
Anyway, this is a lot of complaining for something I'm still really enjoying. Just think there's room for improvement.

I don't, but I can understand the question being asked.

With regards to MJF, I think it's a mistake to give him the title at the moment. Hangman should be getting a good run considering Kenny's run.

agreed on Darby/mjf/punk/kingston. I definitely want to see mjf and Punk but it doesn’t need to be now. I wouldn’t hate if they did a tag match next ppv and then went back to draw from the same well and rebooted the singles matches on the NEXT ppv. There’s still a ton of heat between these guys it’s silly to move on

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Who's more over at their peak? Billy Gunn or CM Punk?

When was Billy Gunn ever over? When he was in the NAO pre-DX it was Roaddogg on the mic that got them over. When he was with DX he was over because DX was over, which is like saying Vincent was over because the NWO was over.

I catch bits and pieces of AEW Dynamite and when I seen the graphic advertising Billy Gunn this week I couldn't believe he was still actively performing. Can you imagine the reaction in 1998 if you said Billy Gunn would still be appearing on a mainstream pro wrestling TV program in late 2021 you would of gotten some awful strange looks.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just to echo what people have been saying. I slowly started getting into AEW. Really enjoying the Punk/Kingston and MJF/Darby feuds and now they seem to be over. Feuds need to be longer.

They had something there with Kingston and Punk. Disappointing to see them move on from it so quickly.

Reactions: canucksfan

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
When was Billy Gunn ever over? When he was in the NAO pre-DX it was Roaddogg on the mic that got them over. When he was with DX he was over because DX was over, which is like saying Vincent was over because the NWO was over.

Never other than what you mentioned. I was just replying to that one guy who implied Gunn's draw ability.

Reactions: BruinDust

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Darby and MJF will be a feud for years to come between them two. I’m okay with moving on for now.

kingston and Punk I wish they continued. There is so much more there.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Can you imagine the reaction in 1998 if you said Billy Gunn would still be appearing on a mainstream pro wrestling TV program in late 2021 you would of gotten some awful strange looks.

If in 1998, you told me Billy Gunn would still be on mainstream wrestling TV in 2004, I would have given you an awful strange look.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

No. Orange Cassidy is a sideshow.

An entertaining, popular and needed one, but not someone you build around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad