AEW All Elite Wrestling #7: An Anxious Millennial World Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
Anyone else dumbfounded that the TV ratings haven't increased? I would've bet my savings that bringing in Punk and Danielson would catapult AEW to that next level. Where did all those viewers who watched Punk's debut go?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone else dumbfounded that the TV ratings haven't increased? I would've bet my savings that bringing in Punk and Danielson would catapult AEW to that next level. Where did all those viewers who watched Punk's debut go?
The ratings are going to be suppressed because it’s live in the west and thus not in prime time. This has been explained to you.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
The people that tuned in to watch Punk wrestle, left when all he did for weeks at a time was come out and have his little love fests and do some commentary.

Reactions: NextBigThing

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
The people that tuned in to watch Punk wrestle, left when all he did for weeks at a time was come out and have his little love fests and do some commentary.
Completely agree. The "Booker of the Year" really screwed up with Punk. He should have struck while the iron was white hot. Putting him in a feud (if you even want to call it a feud) with a 5'7'' 165lb guy was head scratching to say the least.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ratings were already declining before the west coast fiasco. Try again.
They declined because they leveled out. The same thing happened when they launched. Not every show is a banger and they haven’t put punk in hardly any matches on dynamite.

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Completely agree. The "Booker of the Year" really screwed up with Punk. He should have struck while the iron was white hot. Putting him in a feud (if you even want to call it a feud) with a 5'7'' 165lb guy was head scratching to say the least.

You put booker of the year in quotes. So tell me, who do you think is really the booker of the year?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Seriously, they need to take notes from the scintillating booking that has everyone so excited for Survivor Series. Oh and since you want to bring up the size horseshit you are aware that the two biggest combat sports draws of the past decade (Floyd and McGregor) are roughly that size?

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Whoa, wasn't expecting heel Bryan so soon. Unless this is just being done for Hangman's hometown crowd. But his heeling wasn't even subtle enough that it won't carry to next week.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

I'm not. I've been saying for a while now that there is a group that will always be loyal to WWE no matter how bad the product is and how much better AEW is. Which means you have to market to new viewers.

Right now they have no streaming service so you have to pay $50 for a pay per view on cable TV which is dying. The product is still not perfect, though they have the right idea which is be everything the WWE is not.

Hopefully they're thinking long term. Honestly, I remember watching ECW when I was a teenager and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. I think they need to advertise more on social medial and absolutely need to get a streaming service.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jesus, why are they giving Billy Gunn a singles match in 2021? He shouldn't even have been having singles matches in 2001.
and promote it even

like it would’ve been ok if they did it on tv tonight.

but conceivably they want people to tune in at 10pn on a Friday to see that

Reactions: Megahab

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't mind Gunn doing trios match with his sons just because the father son thing is kind of cool and he can be protected in those matches. But I don't understand him getting one-on-one matches. He's not Sting or Goldberg.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Cm Punk vs. MJF is one of my dream feuds, but I wished they would continue Punk vs. Kingston instead. I think there was still more to do there. Perhaps they're afraid Punk would get booed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cm Punk vs. MJF is one of my dream feuds, but I wished they would continue Punk vs. Kingston instead. I think there was still more to do there. Perhaps they're afraid Punk would get booed.
They were trying to have Eddie be heel and it didn’t take so they change course. It was already a change in course to do that match, it was supposed to be Wardlow. They will come back to it, not every feud has to be linear.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
They were trying to have Eddie be heel and it didn’t take so they change course. It was already a change in course to do that match, it was supposed to be Wardlow. They will come back to it, not every feud has to be linear.

This is true. It's my WWE poisoned brain that thinks you have to finish a feud before starting a new one.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don't mind Gunn doing trios match with his sons just because the father son thing is kind of cool and he can be protected in those matches. But I don't understand him getting one-on-one matches. He's not Sting or Goldberg.

He is just getting a match so Darby can get an easy win out of the MJF feud. A win against someone that has name recognition, but can definitely be squashed.

I would not overthink that one.

Reactions: Megahab

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
He is just getting a match so Darby can get an easy win out of the MJF feud. A win against someone that has name recognition, but can definitely be squashed.

I would not overthink that one.

Yeah I just always hated Billy Gunn so this is bothering me more than it should.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I think they should turn CM Punk heel. He should lose this feud with MJF and then transition back to the Eddie Kingston feud where he should turn heel.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
You put booker of the year in quotes. So tell me, who do you think is really the booker of the year?
The problem I have with it is not the quality of the matches, some of which have been amazing, but after the long build for Hangman/Omega, there really aren't any story lines being built up. It all seems to be a new match with two different people every week. They have their match and then they move on. Tony is like a kid in a sand box that gets distracted every 10 minutes.

Reactions: canucksfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad