AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was just thinking...

Do you think Big Show is announcing a Shaquille O’Neal signing? “Hall of fame” technically applies. It’s a light schedule too and I think he lives in Florida. They also did the missing ambulance thing. Plus I think him and Show are friends

I mean Shaq kinda looked good? Way better than I thought he would be at least

Also this FTR/Spears/Tully/JJ Dillon? stable is gonna be some old school shit

Last edited:

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
They said, "I have the biggest scoop ever. This Sunday at Revolution, AEW is going to hire, put in-contract, a Hall of Fame worthy talent that is a hug surprise and a huge asset to AEW,". Cena isn't Hall of Fame worthy, Vince already has his plaque made.

(Hall and Nash are) Already in the Hall of Fame.

In that case, it also rules out Kurt Angle.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Wouldn't be the first time Kahn has spoken in hyperbole. Remember when the "landscape of the business was going to change" and it was just Neville returning.

This is obviously not gonna be Brock or Batista or someone like that.

However, on Christian, he's a multi-time world champion in multiple promotions, been featured on National tv for the better part of 20-years, and is 1/2 of one of the most influential tag teams of the last 30-years and is someone all of his peers speak very highly of and covet sharing a ring with.

That's def HOF worthy and would be a p nice get if it's him.

Would rather it be Christian than Angle. Angle is obviously a much bigger star, but he is so beyond washed up and we just saw the Kurt Angle retirement tour and it was awful. Christian has gotten into good shape and likely still has a lot to give.

One of the biggest talking points coming out of the Rumble a month ago was him making his return and the industry was buzzing. Hasn't been on WWE TV since which is puzzling. Whether it's WWE or AEW, someone is getting a good one who will only help the younger talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Christian doesn't fit the moniker of a "major huge, huge star" either. He isn't nor has ever been that.
That's ridiculous.
  • 6x World Champion
  • 9x Tag Team Champion
  • 4x Intercontinental Champion
  • 1x European Champion
  • 1x Hardcore Champion
  • 1x Light-Heavyweight Champion
  • 23rd Triple Crown Champion
  • 11th Grand Slam Champion
That's not even including being a part of the original match of two match types that are now literally PPVs. TLC and Money in the Bank. WWE refers to him as Legend. There's no doubt he's Hall of Fame worthy.

Aside from names like Rock, Austin, Cena, etc who even non-fans know.. any casual fan of wrestling knows who Christian is - even 7 years after having worked a match before the Rumble. And Kahn said a huge star in the "world of wrestling."

Now, I don't actually think it's Christian. But I 100% hope it's Christian and not Angle, Punk, RVD or some cop out like Okada or Tanahashi.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I was just thinking...

Do you think Big Show is announcing a Shaquille O’Neal signing? “Hall of fame” technically applies. It’s a light schedule too and I think he lives in Florida. They also did the missing ambulance thing. Plus I think him and Show are friends

I mean Shaq kinda looked good? Way better than I thought he would be at least

Also this FTR/Spears/Tully/JJ Dillon? stable is gonna be some old school shit
No, Tony Kahn said it's one of his all-time favourite wrestlers. Which is why people have jumped on Christian because Kahn used to rave about being a Christian mark long before AEW was a thing.

Christian had dinner with Tony Kahn and Kahn wouldn't let him talk about anything other than wrestling. Christian said Kahn remembered things about Christian's career that he didn't even remember. :biglaugh:

Reactions: CDJ

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's ridiculous.
  • 6x World Champion
  • 9x Tag Team Champion
  • 4x Intercontinental Champion
  • 1x European Champion
  • 1x Hardcore Champion
  • 1x Light-Heavyweight Champion
  • 23rd Triple Crown Champion
  • 11th Grand Slam Champion
That's not even including being a part of the original match of two match types that are now literally PPVs. TLC and Money in the Bank. WWE refers to him as Legend. There's no doubt he's Hall of Fame worthy.

Aside from names like Rock, Austin, Cena, etc who even non-fans know.. any casual fan of wrestling knows who Christian is - even 7 years after having worked a match before the Rumble. And Kahn said a huge star in the "world of wrestling."

Now, I don't actually think it's Christian. But I 100% hope it's Christian and not Angle, Punk, RVD or some cop out like Okada or Tanahashi.

I wasn't denying that. Just that he's not a major, huge, huge star.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Not in 2021.
nah Natey is right; Christian is a big name in the wrestling industry (for whatever that's worth)
(as an aside: didn't his return one night thing with Orton on RAW pop one of the bigger ratings of last year?)

Obv he's not a huge huge star like Brock or Batista or anything crazy like that, but he's as big of a name as is realistically available save for Kurt Angle.

By all accounts and how his peers speak of him, AEW will only be better if they add someone like Christian. It's still probably not him, but, if it is, AEW got a good one.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If it's someone wallet breaking like BROCK!!!! I'm marking my underware so hard, not even bleach would clean them.

I expect: Christian or Forbidden door choice, Ibushi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I like Christian, and don’t get why Vince wouldn’t keep him given how long he did, but AEW is starting to get a bit much with the ex-WWE

Reactions: xtra

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I was very pleased Page was the sixth man in the ladder match and not the “big” reveal. Page is a good addition though

Christian is an excellent fit imo. If it wasn’t gonna be Brock or Punk, and we knew it wouldn’t be, then Christian is in the top tier of who it could reasonably be.

i was expecting something like Angle or RVD. So yes I’m very happy to have Christian back around

Reactions: Natey

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The commentary over the recorded cinematic thing is a weird vibe. I can’t get into this

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I imagine there are a lot of disappointed wrestlers in the WWE locker room atm.
The overwhelming sentiment coming out the Rumble was people were figuratively lining up to want to wrestle him.

He should be a great asset to AEW and hopefully he can teach some of their younger wrestlers some things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad