AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
The Fozzy jam is a fun entrance, and it’s good to see everyone having a good time with it still. At this point it almost seems like they’re milking it a little just to please Jericho, which given his facial expressions he is clearly enjoying the moment.

something about 15,000 people all singing along to TarzanBoy just hits different. It will be such a genuine and joyful entrance. Kinda like when Fandango’s theme caught fire that one night after Mania.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

13 year old Charlie took a date to the movies and saw this. I LOVED THIS SCENE and still talk about it in casual conversation at times. One of my favorites.

mister dojo risin!

also, love how he (Haru) is falling when he leaps off the tree and then in the next cut he is flying upward. Great editing

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Acclaimed are gonna be the best heel team in the business within 2 years time (if they let them be)

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
13 year old Charlie took a date to the movies and saw this. I LOVED THIS SCENE and still talk about it in casual conversation at times. One of my favorites.

mister dojo risin!

also, love how he (Haru) is falling when he leaps off the tree and then in the next cut he is flying upward. Great editing

I am not one with the universe!

Reactions: TD Charlie

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Exploding barbed wire death match

I came here to make literally the exact same post

That shits gonna be violent as hell, hopefully nobody botches.

Smarmy heel Omega >>>> face Omega

Not so sure about Sting taking powerbombs

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I came here to make literally the exact same post

That shits gonna be violent as hell, hopefully nobody botches.

Smarmy heel Omega >>>> face Omega

Not so sure about Sting taking powerbombs
Has Kenny ever done one of these? I know Moxley did a barbed wire match vs. Nick Gage without ropes but it wasn’t exploding. lmao what a discussion point. At any rate, the highest level it’s ever barbed wire ropes been done in the US was ECW or Impact, so this is new ground for a top promotion.

Reactions: CDJ

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The possibilities were Brodie Lee still with us if Hangman joined the Dark Order. Still they've got to make it happen now.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not really all that interested in the death match. It's like thumbtacks, but x100. The visual that the barbed wire adds to the match, doesn't outweigh the risk and the pain IMO. It's just not worth it. I would rather a 20-25 minute brawl with some heavy bumps, maybe a good table/crash pad spot thrown in.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not really all that interested in the death match. It's like thumbtacks, but x100. The visual that the barbed wire adds to the match, doesn't outweigh the risk and the pain IMO. It's just not worth it. I would rather a 20-25 minute brawl with some heavy bumps, maybe a good table/crash pad spot thrown in.
They already did that match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And I'd rather see it again before they go and slice up their backs on barbed wire.
Well they did barbed wire in that match too. And it was kind of dumb how they used it. And it was ‘lights out’ so, you can’t really do the same stip again. Only other option really is a ladder match and there’s already one of those on the show.

Kenny believes to be the best in the world, you have to be able to do every style. Apparently he was serious. I hadn’t even given deathmatches a thought until they booked it.

But since they did, even if people aren’t fans of deathmatches, I think there’s interest in how it works and what this looks like in a top American promotion because that hasn’t really been done.

Reactions: TD Charlie

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’ll be a good commentator if that’s the direction they go with him. Probably shouldn’t do much in the ring

this doesn’t flip wrestling on its head in a vacuum but you can see the balance of power is shifting when a company man of 22 years willingly decides to take his talents to AEW to commentate what appears to be a lesser version of Dark?

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He’ll be a good commentator if that’s the direction they go with him. Probably shouldn’t do much in the ring

this doesn’t flip wrestling on its head in a vacuum but you can see the balance of power is shifting when a company man of 22 years willingly decides to take his talents to AEW to commentate what appears to be a lesser version of Dark?

If indeed he's going to just commentate I think it's a missed opportunity. I haven't seen him in the ring for some time, but I would imagine he's still passable in the right situation. Anyway, I know he's got himself in much better shape these days, but would love to see a smoking and/or drinking heel giant sort of bullying younger guys and not giving a shit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He’s not only going to commentate, he will do in-ring too

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hopefully they use him sparingly as an attraction in the ring. He’s had some hip issues and I can’t imagine the amount of wear and tear his body has moving so much weight around and taking so many bumps for decades

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Young Bucks are bad actors but I liked their angle with MFJ/Jericho and their dad this week

Archer-Fenix was a good match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad