AEW All Elite Wrestling #5: Road to Double or Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta love all the media outlets called this Shaq's pro wrestling debut. That will really piss off Vince

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I'm legit intrigued at the who the mystery person could be. Usually when companies announce this, it's pretty obvious who it is.

But Big Show said it's a future hall of famer. I can only think of Angle and RVD. I think CM Punk is who Show was referring to when saying "it's not who you think it is".

Better not be Del Rio.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm legit intrigued at the who the mystery person could be. Usually when companies announce this, it's pretty obvious who it is.

But Big Show said it's a future hall of famer. I can only think of Angle and RVD. I think CM Punk is who Show was referring to when saying "it's not who you think it is".

Better not be Del Rio.

Lol it’s not Lesnar but you can just see vinces head exploding if it was

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Shaq has earned my respect. That was far better than i think anyone could have expected. If anything, Jade Cargil was the lone negative on the whole thing. Great look but she’s green as f***. Remsburg taps her so many times, hard, to signal the spear spot and she sits staring like a statue at Shaq. Finally she turns and the production truck has moved on by that point so they miss the spear. Then immediately after, Res Velvet has to tap her and fall backwards while holding Jade to signal her into action on the reversal.

And she’s got the nerve to yell “how you like my ass?” After the pin. It’s green. Very vibrant green. That is how we feel about your ass.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Better not be Del Rio.

wouldnt be shocked if it was a woman. They need serious help.

I’m expecting RVD. Let’s just keep going like this is early years TNA Impact and keep signing rejects 2x out of their prime

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
The "Hall of Fame" worthy can also be a female wrestler (no way it's Tessa Blanchard).

I'm excited if Ethan Page is the 6th man at Revolution for the ladder match

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think I can fight worth shit but I know I could beat Brandon Cutler up, I think that dork is 3rd behind Stunt and Janela on my intense dislike power rankings

Reactions: xtra

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think I read somewhere that this will be 2 separate signings, but who knows, it seems like the "insiders" just make shit up most of the time

seems like Alvarez is saying it’s going to be two guys

very interesting

They’re gonna go full 2019 impact and sign Tessa Blanchard and RVD, aren’t they?

I could see one of them being Ryback. Also maybe Angle

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Heads up - the Countdown to Revolution show is airing right now on TSN2. According to the zap2it listings this is the only airing on TSN.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Believe it or not ( and I don't ) but John Cena's name has popped up as the mystery signing. :dunno:

They said, "I have the biggest scoop ever. This Sunday at Revolution, AEW is going to hire, put in-contract, a Hall of Fame worthy talent that is a hug surprise and a huge asset to AEW,". Cena isn't Hall of Fame worthy, Vince already has his plaque made.

Hall and Nash
Already in the Hall of Fame.

It's going to end up being some mid-card guy or girl that never got the run they deserved.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Believe it or not ( and I don't ) but John Cena's name has popped up as the mystery signing. :dunno:

I saw it pop up but I believe he’s filming a movie right now and couldn’t take time off for wrestlemania, so I doubt he can now for AEW. Also Vince would NEVER let that happen.

plus I feel like they should probably advertise it if it’s somebody like Cena or Punk considering they’re doing a PPV model

my dream is that it will be CM Punk but I don’t think it will be him- I do expect to be surprised though.

What’s Ziggler’s status like? His brother has been doing a lot of work for AEW

the more I look into it the more I think it’s him

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
They said, "I have the biggest scoop ever. This Sunday at Revolution, AEW is going to hire, put in-contract, a Hall of Fame worthy talent that is a hug surprise and a huge asset to AEW,". Cena isn't Hall of Fame worthy, Vince already has his plaque made.

Already in the Hall of Fame.

It's going to end up being some mid-card guy or girl that never got the run they deserved.

It's kind of bush league if AEW is referring to the WWE Hall of Fame as THE hall of fame.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I saw it pop up but I believe he’s filming a movie right now and couldn’t take time off for wrestlemania, so I doubt he can now for AEW. Also Vince would NEVER let that happen.

plus I feel like they should probably advertise it if it’s somebody like Cena or Punk considering they’re doing a PPV model

my dream is that it will be CM Punk but I don’t think it will be him- I do expect to be surprised though.

What’s Ziggler’s status like? His brother has been doing a lot of work for AEW

the more I look into it the more I think it’s him
If John Cena did ever show up in AEW it would be kind of ironic since AEW is TV-14 and John is often blamed for WWE's transition from the darker and edgier product of the late 90s and most of the 2000s.Into the cartoonish PG Era product WWE has been since 08.

Reactions: CDJ

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Credit to AEW for being ambiguous enough with how they've worded it to make people question what it means with regards to the HoF. Probably are getting some new PPV buys over it alone. Lots of people think it's Angle.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I hope the 6th man in the ladder match is Scurll. I think I read he's going to work on NJPW Strong in the near future, although that might not mean anything anymore since KENTA showed up.

As for the Big Show announcement it might be Bully Ray. I don't think he's with ROH anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad