All Elite Wrestling #1: AEW announced TV deal with TNT, partners with B/R Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
It's kinda weird observing them on social media, they're like so inside the WWE bubble they're cheering for a company to fail before ever seeing it

i see it both ways.
there are pro WWE fans who wants to see AEW fail.
there are anti WWE fans who wants to see AEW kill WWE.

whatever. ill watch both......lol

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It doesn't make sense but it happens. I remember in the 90s some people being either a WWF or WCW loyalist, though I lived in WWF country. No reason not to enjoy both though, or ECW as well if possible.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It doesn't make sense but it happens. I remember in the 90s some people being either a WWF or WCW loyalist, though I lived in WWF country. No reason not to enjoy both though, or ECW as well if possible.

Yeah even amongst my friends most were WWE fans and there were a couple of WCW guys even though in the end we all just watched everything. I liked everything but really loved ECW during that time frame.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the cool think in canada i remember was WWE Tuesdays at 4pm and WcW Wednesdays at 4pm and i didnt have internet to know back then the results. so fun days and easy solution to watch both.
i think ECW was fridays.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Bucks says they need to be different from the WWE. If the WWE has a PG type product, they need to have a more edgier product. The matches should look different. The stories should feel different.

The Bucks said they are also in negotiation with some people and with a big show happening soon, they want surprises to happen.

They once again said “you’ll never know who you’ll see in Vegas”

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The Bucks says they need to be different from the WWE. If the WWE has a PG type product, they need to have a more edgier product. The matches should look different. The stories should feel different.

The Bucks said they are also in negotiation with some people and with a big show happening soon, they want surprises to happen.

They once again said “you’ll never know who you’ll see in Vegas”

Flo-Rida confirmed to guest host Double or Nothing and play a pre-show concert for the AEW Universe.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
You can always fall back on English isn't your native language (I dont know if this is true but I will just go with it) :D

It is not my first language, but I like to think of myself as "pretty freaking good" when it comes to my knowledge of English (for a French guy). So, yeah, not an excuse. I am just a dumb (pretty) f***er.

Reactions: Mitchy and Disclose

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've heard some numbers thrown around but nothing official... but if they want to sell it for $50, then no thanks. This is a chance to get tons of eyes on your future product. I'd put it at 19.99 and let people see it.

WWE really changed the landscape of what I will pay for wrestling. Old school PPVs -I used to overpay $54.99 every month. The Network really altered how I spend money on wrestling.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I've heard some numbers thrown around but nothing official... but if they want to sell it for $50, then no thanks. This is a chance to get tons of eyes on your future product. I'd put it at 19.99 and let people see it.

WWE really changed the landscape of what I will pay for wrestling. Old school PPVs -I used to overpay $54.99 every month. The Network really altered how I spend money on wrestling.
WWE also put out monthly events. That’s not the case here.

I think people will alter their habits for AEW as long as they don’t do monthly events until they can get their footing and provide a more affordable option.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
WWE also put out monthly events. That’s not the case here.

I think people will alter their habits for AEW as long as they don’t do monthly events until they can get their footing and provide a more affordable option.

Not questioning great businessmen like Khan, but at their stage of business - more eyes > most money. If the event was $19.99, you'd get more casual WWE fans to at least check it out.

$50 is putting it down for only those who would literally pay anything to see it anyway. I do not like the idea. You need to steal from WWE no matter what. Whether or not you want to be compared .

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not questioning great businessmen like Khan, but at their stage of business - more eyes > most money. If the event was $19.99, you'd get more casual WWE fans to at least check it out.

$50 is putting it down for only those who would literally pay anything to see it anyway. I do not like the idea. You need to steal from WWE no matter what. Whether or not you want to be compared .
This isn’t the time to steal from WWE. They don’t have TV until October and they know their audience. They know their audience will pay the price. WWE casuals aren’t going to gander at AEW until they’re on easily accessible weekly TV on TNT.

Reactions: Fro and Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
that was one of the matches i wanted to see on that specific card.
cool that they did it and they will show it, but i wanted it on the card next week. not "today".

still really good card. will watch. but not cool.

Reactions: Fro

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Wonder if DragonGate had something to do with this.
If so, wouldn't blame them. Not a good look when your champion loses (if that was to be the case) on a big PPV for another company and there is no benefit to you.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I was looking forward to that one even more than Kenny/Jericho tbh, and then the inevitable PAC/Kenny match.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Is anyone else more shocked in general Pac would be booked to lose? I mean Hangman is an awesome talent with a ton of potential but Pac, aside from Jericho seemed like their top heal.

I thought we would see the inevitable Pac/Omega feud after both picked up W's.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Is anyone else more shocked in general Pac would be booked to lose? I mean Hangman is an awesome talent with a ton of potential but Pac, aside from Jericho seemed like their top heal.

I thought we would see the inevitable Pac/Omega feud after both picked up W's.

PAC is awesome, but Page is really underrated.
for a guy his size he does alot.
the guy is also hot and well funny gimmick. im a big fan.

maybe its part of the plan to have a "surprise"... i dont see big names debuting in the battle royale.
(IF they plan to have surprises. show itself is good already)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad