All Elite Wrestling #1: AEW announced TV deal with TNT, partners with B/R Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I have no idea about your writing or wrestling ideas, other than presenting "Cor" as a cowardly heel, but I would give you a shot over the Young Bucks.
I wish I didn’t delete the old HFWF threads. Now I just have my random fantasy booking scattered across the board so I created a thread for it lol

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
impact didnt care having Aries walking with indy titles. im sure they can figure a way to try to work with AEW if they need women. (not sure the other way around)
thats they way theyve been presenting the show for those not watching. (impact stars at "local" events) outside the impact zone.

and again lol at not wanting the Bucks when, we all know they're responsable for all this.
what did they do to you? huhuh

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
impact didnt care having Aries walking with indy titles.
thats they way theyve been presenting the show for those not watching. (impact stars at "local" events) outside the impact zone.

and again lol at not wanting the Bucks when, we all know they're responsable for all this.
what did they do to you? huhuh

Aries is his own man. I think that was before the current management took over, too. With that said, the AEW folks do work with Don Callis.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We have our first Non-Elite Signing.

According to Meltzer, AEW has signed Britt Baker.

She had a match at All-In

Reactions: quoipourquoi
Oct 18, 2011
Just a thought...I wonder if they maybe just run hot wrestling towns...NY, LA, Boston, Orlando, Chicago type places. But what's going to separate them from Indies , ROH, etc?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Tuesday Night Dynamite is a great name for their tv show. I dig it.

Weird. I always thought it was dated. Sounds very 80s.

We have our first Non-Elite Signing.

According to Meltzer, AEW has signed Britt Baker.

She had a match at All-In

Wonder if they go for Penelope Ford.

Just a thought...I wonder if they maybe just run hot wrestling towns...NY, LA, Boston, Orlando, Chicago type places. But what's going to separate them from Indies , ROH, etc?

Potential distribution on a network people actually have would be my first guess. Impact had this for a time, but that was during the days when it was TNA and it was run (into the ground) by Dixie Carter.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Just not sure what the plan is to make money. WCW lost 100's of millions, even with 3 good years it still managed to wipe out all its profits with losses.

Impact as far as I know hasn't been profitable and was always running at a loss. ECW well we all know how their finances went. ROH I guess makes money but I doubt they are rolling in it.

If they are going to give even low level talent 6 figures, have no OTT revenue and PPV is a dead end where is the profit coming from?

Do they plan on touring like WWE 3/4 days a week? As good as they may end up being its a hard sell for PPV at 19.99 or whatever with the network at 9.99.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Heyman has explained before that ECW's downfall had less to do with money and more to do with distribution.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Hope they sign Omega and Ibushi. Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett would be nice adds too. Of course, I'd be happy if those guys signed with wwe too.

What's the deal with Jay Lethal? Does he not want to leave RoH or is he under contract for awhile yet? Maybe wwe doesn't have interest in signing him but they most definitely should. Awesome wrestler.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i think The Elite (bullet club) is so mainstream. i wonder if it hurts NJPW (or ROH)... like im not worried for them, as they existed and lived before BC/The Elite.. but just in the popularity or interest in the casual fan.

(like does Hot Topic really wants to sell NJPW merchandise without them?)
(with the expansion. do people want to go to their shows without their north american stars?)

i would for sure, personally. ... but just wondering over here.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Some supposed information from Rajah.com

- Khan family is apparently fronting 100 million dollars for the launch.
- Tony Khan is working to facilitate a deal with Time Warner, which would see AEW shows on either TBS or TNT
- AEW wants Jim Ross for both a backstage, and commentating role
- Chris Jericho, should he sign, is expected to have an “in-depth” role
- Goldberg might be a big name the company signs. AEW apparently wants to go hard after big names, including Legends.
- AEW, once able, will make a run at WWE Employees, not just in-ring talent, but backstage workers to help with the inner workings of the company.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I get why they would want to go after big names, especially "legends", but don't turn this into late-90's/early 00's WCW. The last thing anyone wants to see is grandpa Goldberg going over better young talent in 2019.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Some supposed information from Rajah.com

- Khan family is apparently fronting 100 million dollars for the launch.
- Tony Khan is working to facilitate a deal with Time Warner, which would see AEW shows on either TBS or TNT
- AEW wants Jim Ross for both a backstage, and commentating role
- Chris Jericho, should he sign, is expected to have an “in-depth” role
- Goldberg might be a big name the company signs. AEW apparently wants to go hard after big names, including Legends.
- AEW, once able, will make a run at WWE Employees, not just in-ring talent, but backstage workers to help with the inner workings of the company.

Yessssssssssss.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I get why they would want to go after big names, especially "legends", but don't turn this into late-90's/early 00's WCW. The last thing anyone wants to see is grandpa Goldberg going over better young talent in 2019.

I agree, but grabbing a legend or two to put eyes on the product isn't a bad thing at all, IMO. Just gotta book it well as you have stated.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yup. Goldberg’s fine as long as he’s not in the title picture or burying anyone.

So do the exact opposite of how WWE booked him

I was never a big Goldberg fan and I actually ended up loving his one off return to the WWE....when it was a one off. Then they went and ruined it. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Certainly no worse than naming Stephanie McMahon a Chief Brand Officer.

Except I doubt they’ll have Brandi emasculate everyone on the roster and then preach anti-bullying in the media or sometimes on the actual tv shows.

:laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
But that's his thing. What do you do with Goldberg if not have him destroy people in 2 mins.

You can still do that without him burying anyone important.

Just don’t have him destroy a guy like Kevin Owens

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
You can still do that without him burying anyone important.

Just don’t have him destroy a guy like Kevin Owens
Having him just destroy mid-carders and never doing that to the upper card is just as dumb. And, I'll assume he won't sign without being able to do that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese