Proposal: All Bruins Trade talk - Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I want jeff carter more than Brayden schenn and I want brandon saed less

none of them are worth paying a price that costs us too much... and to be honest theres bad cap ramifications to all of them

I feel the easiest one to make fit is jeff carter assuming he doesn't just take his puck and go home. whatever the cost to acquire {less than 2 first round picks} could be recouped when we move him on

the carter contract becomes more and more attracted to a non-cap ceiling team in the next year or two {could we package him AND backes to the same team???}

I don't know what LA wants for carter and I don't know if carter can be convinced to come here and play hard for us but im going to assume carter would accept a trade here

zboril and a first? Bjork and a first?

could we get LA to agree to a conditional deal.. the first is a second unless carter scores at least 10 goals for us???

or LA eats 1/2 the contract?

I never get the trades right... and rarely get the guy right... but if im king of the world carter is my first target before schenn or saed

So many of the trade offers you throw out include the other team retaining 50%

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

none of them are worth paying a price that costs us too much... and to be honest theres bad cap ramifications to all of them

I feel the easiest one to make fit is jeff carter assuming he doesn't just take his puck and go home. whatever the cost to acquire {less than 2 first round picks} could be recouped when we move him on

the carter contract becomes more and more attracted to a non-cap ceiling team in the next year or two {could we package him AND backes to the same team???}

I don't know what LA wants for carter and I don't know if carter can be convinced to come here and play hard for us but im going to assume carter would accept a trade here

could we get LA to agree to a conditional deal.. the first is a second unless carter scores at least 10 goals for us???

I never get the trades right... and rarely get the guy right... but if im king of the world carter is my first target before schenn or saed

Well its a good thing your not King:phew:

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

Why? He's the worst player of the bunch at this point IMO

The risk alone isn't worth it... I understand why some teams might value the salary over the cap hit, but they aren't stupid. They will realize the position the Bruins are in and exploit it. Nobody is doing you a favor for Jeff Carter or David Backes. 35+ 3rd line W/C with a big cap hit and appropriate (at best) salary for multiple years. Where do I sign up!!! Pure fantasy talk. Yeah, trade for them, then package in the off-season. So easy. Happens all the time. Also add conditions based on performance....

I would like to keep the 1st round pick. Trust your scouts. If you have to deal Studnicka, Vaak, Frederic, etc do it. This team needs the help now. Trust the ability to draft the next top prospect in the late 1st/2nd round.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

No

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

The risk alone isn't worth it... I understand why some teams might value the salary over the cap hit, but they aren't stupid. They will realize the position the Bruins are in and exploit it. Nobody is doing you a favor for Jeff Carter or David Backes. 35+ 3rd line W/C with a big cap hit and appropriate (at best) salary for multiple years. Where do I sign up!!! Pure fantasy talk. Yeah, trade for them, then package in the off-season. So easy. Happens all the time. Also add conditions based on performance....

I would like to keep the 1st round pick. Trust your scouts. If you have to deal Studnicka, Vaak, Frederic, etc do it. This team needs the help now. Trust the ability to draft the next top prospect in the late 1st/2nd round.

:laugh:On top of that he's the oldest by far, he's 34. Saad is 26,Schenn 27 and Schenn's cap hit is less and so is the term and Saad's cap hit is a little more but the term is the same and he's 8 years the younger.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
:laugh:On top of that he's the oldest by far, he's 34. Saad is 26,Schenn 27 and Schenn's cap hit is less and so is the term and Saad's cap hit is a little more but the term is the same and he's 8 years the younger.

age doesn't matter a lot when you are looking at a rental

id need to have insider info... be able to talk to carters agent... get his feelings about joining us... maybe talk to LA about taking him back? they don't want him to retire

when renting a player all you care about is how he might play the next few months

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
age doesn't matter a lot when you are looking at a rental

id need to have insider info... be able to talk to carters agent... get his feelings about joining us... maybe talk to LA about taking him back? they don't want him to retire

when renting a player all you care about is how he might play the next few months

A rental ???

A rental doesn't have 3 1/2 years left on his contract.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

im looking at fit...

we need both a right hand shot that will snipe goals for krejci. and we could use a backup center if krejci or Bergeron got hurt at playoff time. playoff experience is definitely a plus. a guy that might elevate his game at playoff time... score big goals

saed has been going through the motions for a couple years... coincidently ever since he signed his new deal. power forwards have to play hard nose hockey to succeed. once they are paid, the tendency for humans is to coast. when saed coasts he isn't very good. they brought him back to Chicago his dream situation playing with his buddy... and it didn't really help. toews is a better center than krejci. chances are saed will not play as well for us after being moved. hes signed 3 more years at 6 mill and probably will suck

schenn had a breakout season last year with Tarasenko/schawz. he might play well with marchand/pastrnak. is that really what we need?

hes a left shot. is that really what we need?

he supposedly doesn't want to play wing... is that what we need?

and the rumored asking cost is unrealistic and unreasonable... is that what you want?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
A rental ???

A rental doesn't have 3 1/2 years left on his contract.

I wouldn't trade him unless im planning to move him... im AGAINST having a cap commitment going forward

carter has no ntc and hes going to be making only 2 mill his final couple years. I feel very confident I can move him. hes ONLY A RENTAL if im king of the world

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I wouldn't trade him unless im planning to move him... im AGAINST having a cap commitment going forward

carter has no ntc and hes going to be making only 2 mill his final couple years. I feel very confident I can move him. hes ONLY A RENTAL if im king of the world

But all of his 5.27 counts against your cap, but ya sure whatever, since its in your world and your the King in it, go ahead and do what ever you want.:loony:

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
But all of his 5.27 counts against your cap, but ya sure whatever, since its in your world and your the King in it, go ahead and do what ever you want.:loony:

I qualified my support for this trade with the expressly stated intention I would move him after

if we can afford him next year... then go ahead and keep him... assuming his play is good enough

but I said MY PLAN IS TO RENT HIM

I don't see how you can attack me personally and say he has a future cap hit when that's nothing I said I support. if you don't like him now. or... if you think he cant be traded... say so

but don't put words in my mouth and then attack me based on those false words. I will happily accept disagreeing points of view as long as they aren't misrepsenting me

so again for the record... I want carter now for this year. I want him with salary retained if that's possible. I would like to have a deal with LA where they agree to take him back. I want to recapture a large part of the trade value when we trade him back.

if you don't like what im saying... I question your hockey sense but its ok. you are allowed to disagree with what im saying. I just object to anyone putting words in my mouth

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I qualified my support for this trade with the expressly stated intention I would move him after

if we can afford him next year... then go ahead and keep him... assuming his play is good enough

I don't see how you can attack me personally and say he has a future cap hit when that's nothing I said I support. if you don't like him now. or... if you think he cant be traded... say so

but don't put words in my mouth and then attack me based on those false words. I will happily accept disagreeing points of view as long as they aren't misrepsenting me

so again for the record... I want carter now for this year. I want him with salary retained if that's possible. I would like to have a deal with LA where they agree to take him back. I want to recapture a large part of the trade value when we trade him back.

if you don't like what im saying... I question your hockey sense but its ok. you are allowed to disagree with what im saying. I just object to anyone putting words in my mouth

What in the hell are you talking about???

Do you even know what your writing:laugh: All of your mumble jumble trade idea that made no-sense was done by you, because you said you were some kind of king , which hey is fine by me as you can be what ever you want in your world or any other world but I never insulted you. I just agreed with you, you said your King, so be it, your King in your world

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
im looking at fit...

we need both a right hand shot that will snipe goals for krejci. and we could use a backup center if krejci or Bergeron got hurt at playoff time. playoff experience is definitely a plus. a guy that might elevate his game at playoff time... score big goals

saed has been going through the motions for a couple years... coincidently ever since he signed his new deal. power forwards have to play hard nose hockey to succeed. once they are paid, the tendency for humans is to coast. when saed coasts he isn't very good. they brought him back to Chicago his dream situation playing with his buddy... and it didn't really help. toews is a better center than krejci. chances are saed will not play as well for us after being moved. hes signed 3 more years at 6 mill and probably will suck

schenn had a breakout season last year with Tarasenko/schawz. he might play well with marchand/pastrnak. is that really what we need?

hes a left shot. is that really what we need?

he supposedly doesn't want to play wing... is that what we need?

and the rumored asking cost is unrealistic and unreasonable... is that what you want?
SAAD not Saed...

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
What in the hell are you talking about???

Do you even know what your writing:laugh: All of your mumble jumble trade idea that made no-sense was done by you, because you said you were some kind of king , which hey is fine by me as you can be what ever you want in your world or any other world but I never insulted you. I just agreed with you, you said your King, so be it, your King in your world

as king I say... off with their heads

people who cant follow my trade idea shouldn't keep arguing with me repeatedly when I tell them they got my trade idea wrong

you may argue the value of the trade... but only after you are able to comprehend it. if I said you were wrong then instead of putting words in my mouth back off

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

By nature he isn't a rental. If he plays poorly, like he has all season, you now have a 5+ million dollar boat anchor to sit right next to Backes.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
as king I say... off with their heads

people who cant follow my trade idea shouldn't keep arguing with me repeatedly when I tell them they got my trade idea wrong

you may argue the value of the trade... but only after you are able to comprehend it. if I said you were wrong then instead of putting words in my mouth back off

Believe me, I comprehended it.:laugh:

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Mike .... 2 words for you

Cap circumvention.

I'm not even going to begin to try and explain how and in how many ways.

I ran your idea by my friend at th PA.

He chuckled and said "we probably wouldn't wait for the league to start an investigation and start it ourselves."

theres been examples that seem cap circumvention before... im not sure how my idea qualifies

are you saying that an off the books agreement with LA that jeff carter would be returned to them qualifies as player tampering?

I think... that could be argued absolutely... but how is it cap circumvention? the cap gets paid this year by LA/and Boston as it should be... and next year gets paid by whoever has carter on their roster

now perhaps it can be argued that if you are payin 1/2 someones contract through retention... its fishy to trade for them again. the brooks orpik deal this year springs to mind. Washington got someone else to pay for him... but it was pretty clear in my mind that there was an agreed plan to return the player to Washington at a discount.

certainly keith tkchuk was in this same situation im describing except was going to be an ufa. he was dealt with an understanding he would return

did Arizona/Chicago do the same thing recently? I don't remember the guys name... but dealt an ufa at deadline time as a rental and then resigned him

theres been other examples... im sure you know them as well/better than I do

the nhl used to allow trades with players to be named later. I think the nhlpa has a problem with it? someone did... it was declared an illegle option. you can trade future picks but not future players

so there would be no way for boston or LA to register this with the league office
but I dare argue theres very practical reasons LA doesn't want carter to retire
and carter has said he wants to stay in LA
and boston cant be stuck with the contract.

I think everyone could be trusted to honor the agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad