Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't know if Kreider is worth it. That would depend, I guess, on what the ask is, but he is someone to be careful about re-signing anyway. He'll be 29 this spring and will probably be looking for term in his next deal- they all do any more. Who would like to sign him for 6 and 6 and end up with a David Backes redux contract? Not me. As a pure rental, is he good enough to give up something more than a mid or late rounder and a b prospect like Cehlarik?

Reactions: PlayMakers

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lias Andersson has asked to be traded. Former #7OA pick. Really liked him coming out of the draft. Here is what one scouting report said (hockey writers)

SCOUTING REPORT
Has great work ethic and is a very tenacious checker in all three zones. Owns a very strong lower base and plenty of grit and physicality in his game. Is also a very smart player who can play in all game situations (at all levels). Is not the most fluid or graceful skater (though he gets to where he needs to be). Does not have ideal height for the National Hockey League. In the goal-scoring department, he is not a natural and is better at playmaking.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Big hypothetical around Kreider ext...

To NYR
Grz + Backes + JFK

TO BOS
Kreider (signs 6yr / $6 mil ext)

Quinn coached both Grz and JFK at BU and he's close with Grz. Rangers could pair Grz with Trouba and when JFK returns they could slot him in as a #3C or RW. I still think JFK can be a good 3rd liner in the NHL that gives you a 200ft game.

The Kreider deal maybe low, but I'll use the ol "home-town discount" idea for this one.

This would give Boston roughly $17 million in cap space for the off-season before any cap increase.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kreider
Bjork - Coyle - Heinen
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Vaak/Moore - Clifton
I would 100% do that deal.

Reactions: northeastern

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Well I mean I have been a good fan this year...

I’ve wanted Kreider for a long time and with Jason Zucker being sidelined with a broken leg for 4-6 weeks, I think he should be the primary target going into the deadline.

I'll get back to you once I hear back from the most reliable source I have. It could complicate things if I am right, or I could be totally wrong. And we both know I've been wrong many times before.

(I had the longest post in HF Boards history prepared, but I thought I'd better confirm it first)

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
There's no way the sens will give Duclair away. He will cost and more than a lot of people will want play. He's been by far the Sens best player. He kills penalty's he's on the pp and he's been electric all season.

he would cost much less than the players being tossed around in here.

Reactions: bbfan419

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I’m a Kreider fan but should be a rental

6 guys Im not dealing in a rental
Vaak
Studnicka
Frederic
Lauko
Beecher
Lauzon
Do you think Lauzon would be a good fit if we trade Grizz? Sign Krug?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

So, now we are using articles written by someone because of reactions by fans on twitter? That's what makes a "rumor" these days?

"That increased production has people all over Twitter hoping their team lands Duclair by the trade deadline. Take a look. I count Buffalo fans, Montreal fans, and even Isles fans wanting Duclair."

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I wouldn’t trade Grizz
I wouldn’t trade Gryz either. Depending on two things: 1) Return (obviously anyone is trade material if return is good enough) and 2) the expansion draft (I think I’m going to be sick when I see who we lose or what we have to give up to not lose).

My only concern with Gryz is his size. Not a problem at all last playoffs except when League condoned Blues constant high hard head shots. Gryz concussion cost us Cup in my book.:ha::thumbd::ha:

Reactions: Dr Hook

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I wouldn’t trade Gryz either. Depending on two things: 1) Return (obviously anyone is trade material if return is good enough) and 2) the expansion draft (I think I’m going to be sick when I see who we lose or what we have to give up to not lose).

My only concern with Gryz is his size. Not a problem at all last playoffs except when League condoned Blues constant high hard head shots. Gryz concussion cost us Cup in my book.:ha::thumbd::ha:
And it's going to probably happen again. He's fast and shifty but sooner or later a behemoth is gonna crush him. It's a constant with the NHL. The bullying team especially in the playoffs gets the leeway. St. Louis, Washington, even the Bruins in 2011 had the beef and brought it to the 'Nucks.
You have to give to get and if it means parting with Gryz it's an area of abundance and it all comes down to needs.

Reactions: sarge88

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
And it's going to probably happen again. He's fast and shifty but sooner or later a behemoth is gonna crush him. It's a constant with the NHL. The bullying team especially in the playoffs gets the leeway. St. Louis, Washington, even the Bruins in 2011 had the beef and brought it to the 'Nucks.
You have to give to get and if it means parting with Gryz it's an area of abundance and it all comes down to needs.
I agree. However, after 2011 the League clearly tried to neuter Bruins big nasty style. Blues were much more dangerous last year (2011 Bruins were nasty, 2019 Blues were headhunters). I’ve watched the Blues a decent amount this season and have seen zero evidence the League intends to do anything about their “hit ‘em high and run through the head” style. Why? Who on earth knows.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
So, now we are using articles written by someone because of reactions by fans on twitter? That's what makes a "rumor" these days?

"That increased production has people all over Twitter hoping their team lands Duclair by the trade deadline. Take a look. I count Buffalo fans, Montreal fans, and even Isles fans wanting Duclair."

no simply sharing some facts and recent articles

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
no simply sharing some facts and recent articles

Okay, fair enough. But I fail to see any facts in the link you posted that suggest Duclair is even available. It's based on fan reaction on twitter.

Even if you take it as gospel, doesn't it contradict your post where you said "he would cost much less than the players being tossed around in here." a tad off? Because even the writer is suggesting a "first round pick and more". And that is for a player you still have control over unlike Kreider.

I'm failing to see how that is much less.

Reactions: Lo97 and Pia8988

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Okay, fair enough. But I fail to see any facts in the link you posted that suggest Duclair is even available. It's based on fan reaction on twitter.

Even if you take it as gospel, doesn't it contradict your post where you said "he would cost much less than the players being tossed around in here." a tad off? Because even the writer is suggesting a "first round pick and more". And that is for a player you still have control over unlike Kreider.

I'm failing to see how that is much less.

WE WANT A LONG POST, WE WANT A LONG POST!!!!!

I can hear the boards chanting it!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Well I mean I have been a good fan this year...

I’ve wanted Kreider for a long time and with Jason Zucker being sidelined with a broken leg for 4-6 weeks, I think he should be the primary target going into the deadline.
all I know is I'd really prefer Sweeney didn't wait until the deadline again this year. The first line guys need some support in the regular season so they don't go into the playoffs gassed. It was a miracle the Bruins made it to game 7 of the finals with the Bergeron line not looking 100% at any point I can recall during that run. Just like Rask, the Bruins top scorers need someone to chip in goals in the regular season so they don't have to play 82 games with their engines at the red line.

Reactions: Alicat and sarge88

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

Remember how Ottawa will not trade within the division, so forget about their best 200 foot player Pageau and one of their best young guys in Duclair. Same as all the wishful thinking on Anderson and Palmieri. The key core guys from other teams may not even be remotely available. I wish it was that easy, if it was it would have happen more often.

I think Kreider is about the best we can do right now and that is not bad. Could go bad if the Rags want some of our prospects. We have to shed cap space. So going the other way has to be a few roster players equaling the cap coming in. They may want Frederic, Stud, Vaak or Beecher and a top pick. We may need to offer Heinen and Moore. They will want that pick and prospect which does not help our cap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blowfish and TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad