Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
upload_2019-12-21_10-0-10.png

This exchange from the latest closed trade proposal thread made me think I was watching Goodfellas.

I'm funny how? I mean, funny, like I'm a clown? Do I amuse you? Funny how? How am I funny?:laugh:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
If anyone is attainable it could be Kreider, still we have to make cap room. The cap is at about 1.8 million as is. With Hall gone I do not see Jersey moving their top scorer in Palmieri. Same for Anderson who is injured. They have no reason to move a young power forward after losing so many guys last year. I do see Ottawa trading in division, especially their best players, it would be great though.

Some player just have more value to their present teams and they will resist trading them. Anderson and Palmieri are going to cost to pry them away or want a prospect we like to keep.

Adding a good player is great but they may need to be on the protected list from Seattle. So who do we now expose and leave open to get plundered? Kovie would be a great pickup as we may only rent him for this year, so no need to protect him.

Maybe we should let the kids see what they can do till we get closer to the dead line. I am talking about Frederic, Stud and Seny. We can give them have a legit shot that we gave a journeyman, who we did not draft or groom. That helps us cap wise and may add some spark, the way Bjork has.

Reactions: wintersej

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If anyone is attainable it could be Kreider, still we have to make cap room. The cap is at about 1.8 million as is. With Hall gone I do not see Jersey moving their top scorer in Palmieri. Same for Anderson who is injured. They have no reason to move a young power forward after losing so many guys last year. I do see Ottawa trading in division, especially their best players, it would be great though.

Some player just have more value to their present teams and they will resist trading them. Anderson and Palmieri are going to cost to pry them away or want a prospect we like to keep.

Adding a good player is great but they may need to be on the protected list from Seattle. So who do we now expose and leave open to get plundered? Kovie would be a great pickup as we may only rent him for this year, so no need to protect him.

Maybe we should let the kids see what they can do till we get closer to the dead line. I am talking about Frederic, Stud and Seny. We can give them have a legit shot that we gave a journeyman, who we did not draft or groom. That helps us cap wise and may add some spark, the way Bjork has.
:thumbu:

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Kreider or Pajeau ?

Both will be on the market before trade deadline.

For me it’s Kreider, and it’s always been Kreider.

He has the size and hitting game we lack. He’s the only physical top9 forward rumored to be available. Put him on line2 and Coyle on line3 and you’re no longer getting pushed off pucks in the offensive zone. He’s a career average 50 point player who produces at ES, and he’s a terrific net front presence for the 1st PP which, all of a sudden, could use the help.

Pageau is second for me, mostly because he’s best at 3C and so is Coyle. He’s 5’10 and he’s not a big hitter or huge takeaway guy so while he’s not easily pushed off the puck, he’s not knocking guys around either. He’s not what I would consider a strong passer... He does have a history of scoring in the playoffs and while I think his goal outburst this season is an anomaly, I do think he would produce in the post season. He’s also a spectacular defensive player, Bergeron-lite, and a high character guy.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I love the fact he lives 20 miles from the Garden down route 1 and he would be ecstatic and productive here. Rangers need to keep losing.

my problem is Gorton probably wants Frederic or Beecher or Lauko

that’s a no go from me

I think Sweeney would be smart to include Heinen in the deal. Young roster players are rarely included for rentals. His inclusion would likely mean no prospect and maybe even a reduction on the pick. So instead of a 1st and a B prospect like Lauko it would be Heinen and a 2nd.

I like Heinen, I’m probably the only one who thinks he can still become a 60 point forward, but he doesn’t fit the model of speedy wingers, he hasn’t exactly been clutch in the playoffs and he’s the first guy Cassidy yanks off the ice when he gets a hair across his ass (which I think is unfair).

How good would Gorton look if he traded Kreider for Heinen, got younger and cheaper and Heinen scores at the same pace as Kreider down the stretch?

If you have to give to get he’s a quality piece that we seem content to underutilize. He becomes Reilly Smith 2.0 the minute we trade him, but he won’t sniff that potential here playing 14 minutes a night.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
If you are offering up Heinen in a deal for Kreider or any other top 6 winger, aren’t you just creating another hole in the offense?

who takes that spot as a third line wing? Are we expecting Kuhlman, Senyshyn, or Ritchie to take that up? Can they be relied upon? Do you make another acquisition? If so what is the cost? I feel like there is more layers to this issue here, and I’m curious so see how Donny addresses it.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I’m a Kreider fan but should be a rental

6 guys Im not dealing in a rental
Vaak
Studnicka
Frederic
Lauko
Beecher
Lauzon

i like lauzon but he'd be right below cehlarik and zboril for me on the trade list.
cehlarik has minimal value but he did get through waivers so that makes him
slightly more appealing.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Big hypothetical around Kreider ext...

To NYR
Grz + Backes + JFK

TO BOS
Kreider (signs 6yr / $6 mil ext)

Quinn coached both Grz and JFK at BU and he's close with Grz. Rangers could pair Grz with Trouba and when JFK returns they could slot him in as a #3C or RW. I still think JFK can be a good 3rd liner in the NHL that gives you a 200ft game.

The Kreider deal maybe low, but I'll use the ol "home-town discount" idea for this one.

This would give Boston roughly $17 million in cap space for the off-season before any cap increase.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kreider
Bjork - Coyle - Heinen
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Vaak/Moore - Clifton

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If you are offering up Heinen in a deal for Kreider or any other top 6 winger, aren’t you just creating another hole in the offense?

who takes that spot as a third line wing? Are we expecting Kuhlman, Senyshyn, or Ritchie to take that up? Can they be relied upon? Do you make another acquisition? If so what is the cost? I feel like there is more layers to this issue here, and I’m curious so see how Donny addresses it.

I think Kuhlman could do the job. He’s out of sight out of mind right now but he was very good down the stretch last year. That said, I would look to make another acquisition. Someone low cost but experienced that maybe isn’t having a great season but could be a sneaky upgrade if they get back on track, like a Frolik. That would give us some competition and insurance.

Reactions: bbfan419

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Big hypothetical around Kreider ext...

To NYR
Grz + Backes + JFK

TO BOS
Kreider (signs 6yr / $6 mil ext)

Quinn coached both Grz and JFK at BU and he's close with Grz. Rangers could pair Grz with Trouba and when JFK returns they could slot him in as a #3C or RW. I still think JFK can be a good 3rd liner in the NHL that gives you a 200ft game.

The Kreider deal maybe low, but I'll use the ol "home-town discount" idea for this one.

This would give Boston roughly $17 million in cap space for the off-season before any cap increase.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kreider
Bjork - Coyle - Heinen
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

Chara - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Vaak/Moore - Clifton

Bruins need scoring. He’s isn’t producing this year. To me that’s concerning and way too many assets hoping he finds it.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think both are bottom 6 players with limited upside which is why I'd be ok if they had to included in a package.

I'd disagree and say Luako has top 6 upside. I include Frederic because he brings size and grit to the center position and its one of our weaker prospect areas.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad