Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors, proposals and other roster suggestions 14-15 - III

member 96824

Maybe we can swing a deal with Columbus and get Hartnell?

I've always wanted that ginger beast on our team.

YHkcyoM8EXn01FEaQuFGRDfx1DoAytcyrLhflLYjDlPopvLkdXFwTAhFu12qXvM_MHcrCYlO-ufUctKc4WmqT4XB7nuNDiEHYBaI1ewA9eFJWvYDBg=w603-h434-nc

Id love it. He's a little pricey though and fits what Columbus wants perfect

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Maybe we can swing a deal with Columbus and get Hartnell?

I've always wanted that ginger beast on our team.

Hartnell is a terrible skater and well past his clutch scoring days with Philly, imo

Haven't seen him yet this season though, I welcome a more positive opinion because that version of Hartnell would actually be nice to have

member 96824

Hartnell is a terrible skater and well past his clutch scoring days with Philly, imo

Haven't seen him yet this season though, I welcome a more positive opinion because that version of Hartnell would actually be nice to have

So far he's been putting up the points definitely.

I'd be through the roof. Through. The. Roof. If I was a Flyers fan over that deal.

Which I'm not. Seriously guys...I'm not. Like, really...I'm not.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
579222d505bcca2d6118977525e35155.jpg

in the last 4 years

2010-2011 82 games 24 goals 25 assists
2011–12 82 games 37 goals 30 assists
2012–13 32 games 8 goals 3 assists
2013–14 78 games 20 goals 32 assists

Playoffs?

2011-12

11 games 3 goals 5 assists

2013-14
7 games 0 goals 3 assists

He hasn't been bad at all. He'd be a great fit here.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Ya know, I tried everywhere since camp to preach patience and trust in the coach and the system. Not there yet, but it's getting there. Still key injuries to get through.

But what has happened? Trade values are going up. No GM can assume they have the Bruins over a barrel right now.

Every win the Bruins get with the injured players on the sidelines is more leverage for Chiarelli.

If the Bruins continue to win and get Chara, Krejci, Krug & Miller back other GM's are definitely going to look at the Bruins and say "UH OH, Here they come again".

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Every win the Bruins get with the injured players on the sidelines is more leverage for Chiarelli.

If the Bruins continue to win and get Chara, Krejci, Krug & Miller back other GM's are definitely going to look at the Bruins and say "UH OH, Here they come again".

Great point!

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Ya know, I tried everywhere since camp to preach patience and trust in the coach and the system. Not there yet, but it's getting there. Still key injuries to get through.

But what has happened? Trade values are going up. No GM can assume they have the Bruins over a barrel right now.
Fans react day to day. they see a team 1-3 to start the season and think the team will finish the season 21-61. If the Bruins were 24-14 in December and went through a 1-3 streak most would not panic( some still would)

Bottom line the best thing that will come out of this is that guys like Trotman,Morrow and Warsofsky will gain NHL experience and the Bruins will really know what they have....other teams will really know what they have.

It isn't what Chiarelli does in September/October it's what he does in Feb and March.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

True that. Once Miller gets back(hopefully in the next week or so), Trotman will be sent down. And we're already stronger. Then Krug and Krejci, then most importantly Z.

I still think we're a top RW from being an elite team. If we land one, then really look out.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Fans react day to day. they see a team 1-3 to start the season and think the team will finish the season 21-61. If the Bruins were 24-14 in December and went through a 1-3 streak most would not panic( some still would)

Bottom line the best thing that will come out of this is that guys like Trotman,Morrow and Warsofsky will gain NHL experience and the Bruins will really know what they have....other teams will really know what they have.

It isn't what Chiarelli does in September/October it's what he does in Feb and March.

Problem is he never does anything significant at the deadline

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
True that. Once Miller gets back(hopefully in the next week or so), Trotman will be sent down. And we're already stronger. Then Krug and Krejci, then most importantly Z.

I still think we're a top RW from being an elite team. If we land one, then really look out.

This is the key and you can rest assured that Chia knows this too. I would wager he is talking to a lot of teams about various players that fit the bill. He will not want to move anyone of the roster. So look for a package that would include a couple of:

Koko, Spooner, Subban, Bartkowski, Trotman, Griffith, Warfosky, Fraser, 2nd round picks.

Now if you put 2 or 3 of these together, you could really bag a good player.
But who....

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
This is the key and you can rest assured that Chia knows this too. I would wager he is talking to a lot of teams about various players that fit the bill. He will not want to move anyone of the roster. So look for a package that would include a couple of:

Koko, Spooner, Subban, Bartkowski, Trotman, Griffith, Warfosky, Fraser, 2nd round picks.

Now if you put 2 or 3 of these together, you could really bag a good player.
But who....

It will be interesting to know how much cap space we'll have come the deadline as well with all the injuries we've sustained - could be a blessing in disguise.

acr*

I think the plan right now is going to be give Pastrnak a few more weeks in the AHL to play and maybe add ANY bulk that he can. Then call him up right at the start of December for a road swing where we play 7 of 9 out west. I think they'll make a decision based on that. If he looks like he can play with Lucic and Krejci, they won't look for a top line RW, but maybe just look to add another guy in the bottom 6 for a run. If he can't play in that position this year, I think Chia will try to get out ahead of the market as much as he can and make a move before new year.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think the plan right now is going to be give Pastrnak a few more weeks in the AHL to play and maybe add ANY bulk that he can. Then call him up right at the start of December for a road swing where we play 7 of 9 out west. I think they'll make a decision based on that. If he looks like he can play with Lucic and Krejci, they won't look for a top line RW, but maybe just look to add another guy in the bottom 6 for a run. If he can't play in that position this year, I think Chia will try to get out ahead of the market as much as he can and make a move before new year.

Dont think they'd risk him out west where he could be decapitated. I think they'll give him a look close to home and then if he blossoms they may take him West but i just don't see them keeping him, i think he'll get a look but be sent back to Sweden.

acr*

Dont think they'd risk him out west where he could be decapitated. I think they'll give him a look close to home and then if he blossoms they may take him West but i just don't see them keeping him, i think he'll get a look but be sent back to Sweden.

I wouldn't worry about that. In all likelihood, he will have Lucic and possibly Chara on the ice with him a lot. That is about as much deterrence as any team in the league can muster these days.

A road trip like this is typically when these things happen. Get away from your local media as much as possible and try to get him integrated with the team a bit more. The western swing is usually the best opportunity. There is some good competition in that stretch with games against Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Chicago, and Minnesota. It will really let them know where he stands developmentally.

I think they believe he can play in Boston this year. If they didn't, it would have been better to just send him back to Sweden after the preseason. I think Chia wants this to happen. It would make life a lot easier to not have to go to market for a winger and he could retain more assets.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I still think Drew Stafford is a good fit for this team. Big right handed shot, former 30 goal scorer that can skate, hit, and still score. He'd look exellent with Krejci & Lucic.

That said, I don't expect a move while Fraser & Griffith are playing well enough to stick. And I've always been a fan of a youth movement.

Also, I like what I've seen of Morrow, and feel the same way about the team defense that I feel about the offense. We could use a better top 4 guy now that Boychuk is gone, but that might hold until the deadline if we can keep getting good production from guys like Morrow, etc.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I wouldn't worry about that. In all likelihood, he will have Lucic and possibly Chara on the ice with him a lot. That is about as much deterrence as any team in the league can muster these days.

A road trip like this is typically when these things happen. Get away from your local media as much as possible and try to get him integrated with the team a bit more. The western swing is usually the best opportunity. There is some good competition in that stretch with games against Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Chicago, and Minnesota. It will really let them know where he stands developmentally.

I think they believe he can play in Boston this year. If they didn't, it would have been better to just send him back to Sweden after the preseason. I think Chia wants this to happen. It would make life a lot easier to not have to go to market for a winger and he could retain more assets.
I dont think Chara will be back til after Christmas personally, you can't rush knees, and he doesn't sound too confident about not having to have surgery. I think his delay is gonna be longer than most suspect.

Looch, as much as it pains me to say, isnt the fighter he once was, and with that busted wrist aswell, i dont see him dropping them much this season. His fight with Stewart was pretty bad.

acr*

I dont think Chara will be back til after Christmas personally, you can't rush knees, and he doesn't sound too confident about not having to have surgery. I think his delay is gonna be longer than most suspect.

Looch, as much as it pains me to say, isnt the fighter he once was, and with that busted wrist aswell, i dont see him dropping them much this season. His fight with Stewart was pretty bad.

Agree on Chara's knee. It makes me worry.

Lucic's fight with Stewart was great. How was it bad? Stewart got smoked with the best punch of the fight and pretty much bailed on the fight. Stewart is a really tough and underrated fighter too. Lucic took it for sure. I had worried about the wrist a lot, but I don't think Lucic would have accepted that fight if it wasn't ready.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Maybe im still caught up in the Looch fights from 09/10 when he would just explode and embarrass the other player. It looked awkward and he took his fair share of hits too. That punch he did land though, was brutal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad