Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors, proposals and other roster suggestions 14-15 - III

member 96824

I am a Perron fan. Watched him in Lewiston quite a bit and aside from the lack of an agitating quality, I think Perron and Marchand are almosty identical value. They have exactly the same pt/per game average over the course of their career. (.60 pts per game). He is a little bit bigger and little bit faster and more cerebral than Marchand. I just think he would be a good fit with Krejci and Lucic. Another all around skilled forward who can shoot, pass and forecheck.

I can definitely agree. If he's gotten over the "try and take on the entire team 1 on 5" he could be a good fit.

That and the pull up at the blue line used to be so frustrating and lead to so many turnovers.

I take Brad Marchand over Perron. Much better defensively and much better hockey sense.

I'd rather give Loui a shot at that wing I think. Nearly identical type of player offensively.

member 96824

I'd be exploring the Tlusty-Sekera package personally.

Move Loui up and go.

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Soderberg-Tlusty
Paille-Campbell-whomever

Chara-Sekera
Seids-Doggie
McQuaid-Krug

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
*One thing to keep in mind about the Chris Stewart/Bruins rumors: indications are Stewart and new Bruins assistant coach Joe Sacco didn’t always see eye-to-eye in Colorado when Stewart was the Avs power forward, and Sacco was his head coach. It probably wouldn't be a major issue given Claude Julien's ability to get the most out of his players, but merely something to ponder with the 26-year-old right wing as a rental forward option undoubtedly looking to be moved by the Sabres prior to the trade deadline. The high price tag for his services being sought by Buffalo GM Tim Murray would be the top reason the talented, inconsistent Stewart wouldn't make it to Boston, of course

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/nhl-notes-winners-and-losers-early-nhl-season

fwiw

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
From the previous thread:

Is Brad Marchand a core member of this team? What is everyone's take on this?

I am not saying the Bruins should be desperate to improve the RW situation, but I have doubts that the current Bruins squad is strong enough to beat the Canadians if they end up facing them in the playoffs again. How does Chia and company build a squad that plays like a Bruins team while also having success against the Habs?

I realize moving Marchand is risky because he is one of our only offensively potent wingers, but I think moving a LW (a position of relative strength) in order to strengthen the RW is something the Bruins should consider, especially since Marchand has been a weak performer in the playoffs for the past 3 years (just 5 goals in 41 games).

How about sending him to Anaheim in a deal centered around Jakob Silfverberg?

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

Move Loui up and go.

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Soderberg-Tlusty
Paille-Campbell-whomever

Chara-Sekera
Seids-Doggie
McQuaid-Krug

Not sure what it would cost for them two, but I feel like BOTH of those guys get traded before the year ends. Both UFAs. On a bad team. Great draft coming up for team I personally think is ready to start over. They fill both needs, and are cost-controlled. Most ideal situation IMO.

And if I'm Boston, I'd overpay now for them, or soon, before Carolina definitely becomes sellers and sells them separately to the highest bidders. I see it like Campbell and Horty, kind of.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
From the previous thread:

How about sending him to Anaheim in a deal centered around Jakob Silfverberg?

I don't think Silfverberg is anywhere near the same quality as Marchand. If he is, he hasn't proven it on the scoresheet yet. I have heard a few complaints about him from ANA fans that he has isn't really a fit...is he a top 6 or a bottom 6....kind of an enigmatic player.

He is a RW though and he is a Swede with amazing hair...so there is that.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado

Move Loui up and go.

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Soderberg-Tlusty
Paille-Campbell-whomever

Chara-Sekera
Seids-Doggie
McQuaid-Krug

I'd be all over that. I could see Tlusty putting up 15-20ish playing next to Carl.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

Move Loui up and go.

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Soderberg-Tlusty
Paille-Campbell-whomever

Chara-Sekera
Seids-Doggie
McQuaid-Krug

Interesting. I mean...I can't tell if I like this trade or not, but it is interesting. For me, it really all comes down to whether Loui can contribute as a scoring winger.

Is Sekera the real deal? I mean...you are suggesting he would be a #2 defense man on the Bruins. I am not doubting, I just don't know a lot about him and prior to last year he was more of a depth player. Did he play with Zdeno on the Olympic team or something?

acr*

Acquiring Tlusty and Sekera is something I would pass on. I'm sure they could plug holes for us now, in the regular season, but neither guy is playoff tested or even plays a game geared towards playoff hockey. Average size, average skill, average everything. They aren't special players by any means and would cost too much for too little return. I would rather pay more for an asset that was more of a sure thing or has higher ceiling, rather than just settling on something like this. These are guys we look at in March if we have missed better opportunities.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
And is it a sound concept to trade a top 6 LW for a top 6 RW given our lack of a top line RW?

I don't know, we only have two legit top6 LW's, so if we trade one for a RW, would we not just have another thread about how to address our lack of LW depth. At the end of the day, we only have two legit top6 LW's and two legit top6 RW's (albeit one of those top6 RW's can't seem to find any chemistry with our top2 centers).

It seems to me, we need to add without subtracting.

member 96824

Interesting. I mean...I can't tell if I like this trade or not, but it is interesting. For me, it really all comes down to whether Loui can contribute as a scoring winger.

Is Sekera the real deal? I mean...you are suggesting he would be a #2 defense man on the Bruins. I am not doubting, I just don't know a lot about him and prior to last year he was more of a depth player. Did he play with Zdeno on the Olympic team or something?

I think he would be a good fit there. Probably closer to a #3 on a good team, but i'd rather see Dougie with Seids I think. Maybe a #2 though, he's been #2 to Faulk down there and played well given the situation. Could be another Seidenberg diamond in the rough type.

I dont see why you couldn't get them for a reasonable price...but I think like SC. They'll definitely move...and better to make that move sooner than later. Prices usually go up. I'd say once Z hits LTIR.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Acquiring Tlusty and Sekera is something I would pass on. I'm sure they could plug holes for us now, in the regular season, but neither guy is playoff tested or even plays a game geared towards playoff hockey. Average size, average skill, average everything. They aren't special players by any means and would cost too much for too little return. I would rather pay more for an asset that was more of a sure thing or has higher ceiling, rather than just settling on something like this. These are guys we look at in March if we have missed better opportunities.

Sekera is not just an average defenseman at all. He's very good, and despite not putting up points, was one of Buffalo's best players in the series against the Bruins in '10.

Tlusty I don't have much of an opinion on, but if you have a chance to get Sekera at a reasonable price and then lock him up for a bit after that (he's only 28), that's a move I'd more than welcome.

acr*

Sekera is not just an average defenseman at all. He's very good, and despite not putting up points, was one of Buffalo's best players in the series against the Bruins in '10.

Tlusty I don't have much of an opinion on, but if you have a chance to get Sekera at a reasonable price and then lock him up for a bit after that (he's only 28), that's a move I'd more than welcome.

I'm familiar with him. He is average, imo. A second pairing guy that skates decent and can move the puck around a bit. He would be a #4 or #5 D on this team, in all likelihood. I see him as a poor man's Seidenberg, who is not as physical and has slightly more offensive game. In the end, he isn't going to put this team over the top either way, so why pay the price to get him?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
would you really do that?

I imagine Ron Francis would love a player like Bergeron.

I wouldn't trade Bergeron at gun point....just adding to the Mezerois deal

the Sekera stuff is interesting but they gave up a lot to get him, and he is good; he was on the Slovak Olympic team with Chara so there is that- he does shoot left though....dont see this working at all

I'm sorry about the Bergeron part, but I been reading on the Main Board and the Habs board how the Bruins window is done and the Habs are the new team on the block, and I watch some of their game last night vs Edmonton and I see a crap team.

The great Habs team losing last night has me thrown off

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Sekera is exactly the replacement this team is looking for. You now sorta need a number 4 (Boychuk's gone, but that's neither here nor there), he's on an expiring contract, makes less than Boychuk made, better offensively.

Tlusty solves your forward problem. Again, cheap, UFA, fits on the third line and allows you to move Eriksson up to the top line.

I'm not sure where people think these players are going to come from. The Bruins aren't likely going to acquire a top line winger at reasonable salary that's locked up long term for picks and prospects. You're going to have to give up somebody from that top 7 (including Eriksson and Soderberg) to get one. The options will be guys on teams that are sellers (too early to tell that) and teams that have pending UFAs that they don't believe they will re-sign. Rarely do you see a guy move otherwise. Unless he's really unhappy with the team and wants out (See St. Louis, Martin). It's not really good to bank on something that as your saving grace.

You have to decide what you want: win now or win in the future. If you want to win now, which means giving up picks and prospects for a guy, you're getting what I mentioned above. If you want to win in the future, that means sacrificing a good roster player now to improve upon that piece. I think most of us agree the window is NOW.

Son of Donegal

Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I'm familiar with him. He is average, imo. A second pairing guy that skates decent and can move the puck around a bit. He would be a #4 or #5 D on this team, in all likelihood. I see him as a poor man's Seidenberg, who is not as physical and has slightly more offensive game. In the end, he isn't going to put this team over the top either way, so why pay the price to get him?

If it means not having Bartkowski in our top-4, one has to consider it!!! :help:

acr*

Sekera is exactly the replacement this team is looking for. You now sorta need a number 4 (Boychuk's gone, but that's neither here nor there), he's on an expiring contract, makes less than Boychuk made, better offensively.

Tlusty solves your forward problem. Again, cheap, UFA, fits on the third line and allows you to move Eriksson up to the top line.

I'm not sure where people think these players are going to come from. The Bruins aren't likely going to acquire a top line winger at reasonable salary that's locked up long term for picks and prospects. You're going to have to give up somebody from that top 7 (including Eriksson and Soderberg) to get one. The options will be guys on teams that are sellers (too early to tell that) and teams that have pending UFAs that they don't believe they will re-sign. Rarely do you see a guy move otherwise. Unless he's really unhappy with the team and wants out (See St. Louis, Martin). It's not really good to bank on something that as your saving grace.

You have to decide what you want: win now or win in the future. If you want to win now, which means giving up picks and prospects for a guy, you're getting what I mentioned above. If you want to win in the future, that means sacrificing a good roster player now to improve upon that piece. I think most of us agree the window is NOW.

I don't disagree; that is the scenario. These players make sense business wise, but I don't think these players fit the make up of the team and they are super-underwhelming. If the window is NOW and this is the best we can do on the market, close the window. These guys aren't the answer, even in complimentary roles. We don't need complimentary players. We need a difference making forward and our captain back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad