Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Always comes back to the same thing for me if you move Carlo ,who takes his place now ,Liles,Morrow? Don't think so ,basically there giving up on this season can't see Sweeney doing that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Trading Carlo would be the incentive. They don't get him unless they take salary back.

Young cost controlled top-4 D are very pricey to acquire. If Colorado wants Carlo, they'll have to pay. Not the other way around.

That could be. That's kind of what I'm talking about. Your not wrong.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
That's why the Bs will have to package at least once or twice, and pounce on opportunities to sell high and buy low.
Landeskog might be one.

Don't know him enough, so I'll leave the talent evaluation to others, but let's say he's something approaching a stud LW (or forward).
Considering that and his age, why Colorado would want to get rid of such a player? Something is going on here and the Bs should be on that, without being desesperate.

If the cost of acquisition is too much (according obviously to talent evaluators on the team and I understand, that is a big question mark...), they should just let go and find another opportunity.

Is Carlo too much? I don't know, but refusing to trade a particular asset (Carlo) because it fills a bigger need NOW than the acquired asset (Landeskog) is not good asset management IF OBVIOUSLY the acquired asset has more value overall .

As I posted a couple days ago, Landeskog's offensive stats have declined the past 4 years. There's something more than that as to the reason Sakic is even shopping him. Their 2nd overall pick who is now under contract til 20-21 for 5.5 million per..Is Sakic regretting that contract?? Sure seems that way. Why else would he be trying to trade him?? What else is there other than the obvious?? Walk away Sweeney, something just don't seem right here..

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Trading Carlo would be the incentive. They don't get him unless they take salary back.

Young cost controlled top-4 D are very pricey to acquire. If Colorado wants Carlo, they'll have to pay. Not the other way around.

In a vacuum, maybe.

However, the other part of that equation is a 24 year old, former 3rd overall pick that has 52+ points in each of his four full NHL seasons, and has enough intangibles that he was named Captain just shy of age 20 (he was the youngest C in NHL history at the time). In addition he has term and cost certainty in his deal.

I like Carlo a lot, but lets not pretend that Landeskog has no value himself.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That could be. That's kind of what I'm talking about. Your not wrong.

I guess he is not wrong .Defence way more valuable then wingers in todays NHL.Especially good cost controlled ones.Sakic should be told go eat a bag of nuts unless he takes back some salary Let him be the one to worry about cap not Bruins.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
As I posted a couple days ago, Landeskog's offensive stats have declined the past 4 years. There's something more than that as to the reason Sakic is even shopping him. Their 2nd overall pick who is now under contract til 20-21 for 5.5 million per..Is Sakic regretting that contract?? Sure seems that way. Why else would he be trying to trade him?? What else is there other than the obvious?? Walk away Sweeney, something just don't seem right here..

They have actually declined the last 3 seasons (incl this one). The one year the Avs made the playoffs, he had his highest career point total (65).

He had 59 and 52 points on bad COL teams the previous two seasons. This year has been a train wreck, but he has looked good in the few games I have seen. I would have no issue with Sweeney adding Landeskog or a similar young vet who will help now and going forward.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
In a vacuum, maybe.

However, the other part of that equation is a 24 year old, former 3rd overall pick that has 52+ points in each of his four full NHL seasons, and has enough intangibles that he was named Captain just shy of age 20 (he was the youngest C in NHL history at the time). In addition he has term and cost certainty in his deal.

I like Carlo a lot, but lets not pretend that Landeskog has no value himself.

He has value. Would be happy to have him on the team. Wouldn't be very happy if the return is the rumored Carlo+1st+good prospect(s) price tough...

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Outside of this year (just about everyone on the Av's is down), his decline hasn't really been that bad. Since his 65 point season this his how his PPG as looked...

.80 PPG
.72 PPG
.71 PPG
.52 PPG

Career avg = .67PPG

At the end of the day Landeskog is still a 20G/30A guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad