Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Krejci could make Nashville a legit contender, IMO. Nashville has a lot of cap space with most of their key guys locked up for a bit.

Johansson is a RFA after this year, but Forsberg, Subban, Josi, Ekholm, are all locked up until at least 2019.

Wonder what they'd offer for DK?

My guess is Ekholm plus a pick or prospect.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Makes no sense, does nothing but diminish the team, creates negativity. The guy is a great player. He controls the ice when he is on it. The team has been at its very best over the last six years, When he is playing great. He looks like the same player to me, snakebit and all. Right in the middle of his prime. Team has a Stanley Cup nucleus, build on it make a deal and pow....Who knows. History is full of teams that have won cups when retooling a couple things here and there at the deadline. This team can make a run or deserve to find out they cant.

:shakehead

.....okay.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Makes no sense, does nothing but diminish the team, creates negativity. The guy is a great player. He controls the ice when he is on it. The team has been at its very best over the last six years, When he is playing great. He looks like the same player to me, snakebit and all. Right in the middle of his prime. Team has a Stanley Cup nucleus, build on it make a deal and pow....Who knows. History is full of teams that have won cups when retooling a couple things here and there at the deadline. This team can make a run or deserve to find out they cant.

:shakehead

Where did you buy your optimism? Is it legal?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Would we really need to scout if a team was willing to take Hayes in an even money swap? Yes. The answer is yes.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The Hayes/Colborne proposal has been discussed on this thread - unclear how real it is. My question to Dom was to get a sense if it were a minor deal or something that involved Landeskog for example.

V

I'll answer your question with a question:

If you are Don Sweeney and you're talking trade with Joe Sakic about Landeskog, would you really have to send a scout out to California to watch him in back-to-back games?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

If you are Don Sweeney and you're talking trade with Joe Sakic about Landeskog, would you really have to send a scout out to California to watch him in back-to-back games?

I'm not quite sure how the scouting thing works, but don't scouts still check out players before big trades to ascertain their health, energy, compete, etc. before they complete anything?

And related, would they need to scout the Avs for a couple games if they were getting rid of Hayes for Colborne? I know it's slight hyperbole, but wouldn't you take almost anything for Hayes?

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Good point Dom and as for Hayes for Colborne I would do it and I think the Avs would too, nothing to lose for either side, good change of scenery deal. Someone also mentioned Beleskey to the Sharks for Boedker as a change of scenery type deal, both on same length and very close terms of contract. I would do that one also.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm not quite sure how the scouting thing works, but don't scouts still check out players before big trades to ascertain their health, energy, compete, etc. before they complete anything?

And related, would they need to scout the Avs for a couple games if they were getting rid of Hayes for Colborne? I know it's slight hyperbole, but wouldn't you take almost anything for Hayes?

Where is this silly notion Hayes is being traded for Colborne? There isn't a team dumb enough to take on Hayes and bad contract.

Looking at recent call ups could be telling - Spencer Martin (goalie), Goloubef (D), and possibly rookie Rantanen Right Wing.

I can see a goalie swap (Subban for Martin) and/or D / RW for LW swap...something like that.

v1821

Feb 23, 2005
Boston, MA

True but if the trade evolved over time to include other players, I could see it. Of course I defer to the experts on this....

V

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
My guess is Ekholm plus a pick or prospect.

I'm not sure I can see that, and I think Krejci's salary is the problem. Ekholm is a pretty good defenseman with an approx cap hit of $3.8m through 2022.

Krejci is a ? going forward with a big cap hit. I would think the B's would have to eat salary.

Johannsen is an RFA after this year, I suspect there's a good chance they re-sign him, and if not, there are some upcoming UFAs at the C position who have value, although they'd be a step down.

All this said...if Nashville did resign Johannsen and find a way to work a Krejci in under the cap...and IF Krejci is healthy and rebounds some...that would be a team to look out for. Tangential discussion, but would be interesting.

Brucentric*

Dec 9, 2016
Where did you buy your optimism? Is it legal?

My optimism comes from Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, Marchand, Rask..........They have won a cup and been to another, I have hope that management can fill in the 2-3 pieces need to build around these players.......I hope management recognizes what a fail they have been. I believe with a couple adds....These guys can get it done. Simple.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Back-to-back Lindblad has been scouting the Avs.

sorry for my ignorance but who`s Lindblad? It`s not the same guy who was once played for Providence is it? If so, had no clue he was scouting, if it`s not, who`s this Lindblad guy of which you speak please and thanks

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
sorry for my ignorance but who`s Lindblad? It`s not the same guy who was once played for Providence is it? If so, had no clue he was scouting, if it`s not, who`s this Lindblad guy of which you speak please and thanks

Same guy, yep. Now scouting for the org.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Lindblad

"At the conclusion of his contract with the Rangers, Lindblad opted to end his playing career. On September 15, 2016, the Boston Bruins announced that Lindblad would be returning to the organization as a professional scout."

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008

Also side note, think Avs were showcasing their rookie goalie, too? (not that he had a chance).

How has Colborne been playing?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
My optimism comes from Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, Marchand, Rask..........They have won a cup and been to another, I have hope that management can fill in the 2-3 pieces need to build around these players.......I hope management recognizes what a fail they have been. I believe with a couple adds....These guys can get it done. Simple.

The Bruins need a lot of adds to be a contender. A few adds last year didn't work out well with the crew mentioned above.

Play it smart, go for the long game, not short one when making deals, and I think the team is set up to be better in a few years than they are now.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Sorry, was I suppose to go read the main boards? Because I never step foot in there.

The only reason I brought up Colborne is because of information that is no where on these boards, although I know Wally knows. And unless he told you.....

Oh no not at all. I just wanted to share that I had a similar thought.

When I posted that I was just spitballing... Interesting to see that there is some real info behind it.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Also side note, think Avs were showcasing their rookie goalie, too? (not that he had a chance).

How has Colborne been playing?

I don't think so...they played back-to-back games.

I watched Colborne against the ducks...he has some chances, but Avs as a team suck.

He could be a better option then Spooner as our 3rd line center...Colborne is more engaged with the opposition.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Where is this silly notion Hayes is being traded for Colborne? There isn't a team dumb enough to take on Hayes and bad contract.

Looking at recent call ups could be telling - Spencer Martin (goalie), Goloubef (D), and possibly rookie Rantanen Right Wing.

I can see a goalie swap (Subban for Martin) and/or D / RW for LW swap...something like that.

I feel like swapping Hayes for Colborne accomplishes absolutely nothing unless we wanted a LH version of Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad