Proposal: All Bruins trade rumors/proposals: 16/17 Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Why, it's a weak draft and you want to keep an asset that will take longer to have an impact? I would include the first easily over any of Carlo, Heinen, and Senyshyn.

Because with the Bruins luck we will still miss the playoffs and win one of the top 3 picks.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I've been on the trade Tuukka bandwagon going on 4 years now. They need to get more value if they trade him now. Including an NHL ready goalie, not Allen. Too bad they traded Jones instead of Tuukka. Or didn't let some other team take the bait when he was an RFA.

I have a question for those who've watched more games than me over the past two years due to some additions to the family. Last year the offense was great and too me it was the first time I saw a bruins team under Julien send the Dmen forward consistently. In the end the D was blamed as the reason they missed the playoffs. This year it seems the dman aren't pushing as much and the offense is struggling without the support - so blame the offense. Now it's easy to blame one side of the puck or the other but can Julien just not find the middle ground with his strategy? So he's reverted to his comfort zone, defense first - shameless plug, but pumps up Tuukka's stats. It's also worth noting not all shots are the same, the bruins put up huge numbers of low quality shots while letting up smaller numbers overall but far more high quality chances.

That being said. They just need more players with emotion. If you're going to lose, go down swinging.

I do agree that the focus is more on D this year. That said the D sucks, the team is made up of a #2, #3, #5, #5, #6, and whatever you want to call Carlo. The difference to me isn't the D not moving up it's the offense having to go back and help the D. The offensive players are playing with a leash demanding defense first and any time the offense isn't there to help tuukka is either forced to make a high quality save or the other team scores... Julien's system has made a bad D core seem adequate to date with the sacrifice of the offense and the expectation tuukka will be elite on the back end.

Put an average goalie on this team and they're sitting far outside the playoffs. This roster demands more from the goalie than most.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
In my opinion moving spooner is a big mistake. Fast skilled young playmaker. Losing him will slow this team down more and take away any hope scoring on pp. he can signed for cheap and could look real good with young core coming up the ranks. Need to move Krejci.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Every time I hear Colorado it makes me wish we were after Duchene. (I'm not on the Lando bus at all!)

I watched them play LA the other night and the kid is so skilled. Lots of Marchand similarities offensively. Fast, elusive, brave, twist and turns in traffic, charges into battles... Legit 1st line talent.

Long-term swap out Krejci for Duchene and you've really transformed this offense from a methodical one to one that plays at 100mph.

can`t find anything I disagree with here

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I do agree that the focus is more on D this year. That said the D sucks, the team is made up of a #2, #3, #5, #5, #6, and whatever you want to call Carlo. The difference to me isn't the D not moving up it's the offense having to go back and help the D. The offensive players are playing with a leash demanding defense first and any time the offense isn't there to help tuukka is either forced to make a high quality save or the other team scores... Julien's system has made a bad D core seem adequate to date with the sacrifice of the offense and the expectation tuukka will be elite on the back end.

Put an average goalie on this team and they're sitting far outside the playoffs. This roster demands more from the goalie than most

So what is it ? The team is a D first team including the forwards giving up offence so they can play defense to have their "Elite" keep them in games. Call me confused :shakehead

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not happening.

What about Krejci for Duchene though?

Although it would be better to go after a top defenseman, our offense is pretty bad as well. We are hurting in all areas really - wing, blueline, and #2 GK.

old fashioned one for one hockey trade

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
In my opinion moving spooner is a big mistake. Fast skilled young playmaker. Losing him will slow this team down more and take away any hope scoring on pp. he can signed for cheap and could look real good with young core coming up the ranks. Need to move Krejci.

Spooner has 11 PP points. The Bruins have 31 PP Goals. With how Marchand is playing this year, he is easily the least important of the 1st unit.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014

I have to keep telling myself this over and over and over and over... Because for all his speed and skill, he has yet to show me any consistent ability to create anything 5v5....not to mention his defensive liabilities. Very frustrating player.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I have to keep telling myself this over and over and over and over... Because for all his speed and skill, he has yet to show me any consistent ability to create anything 5v5....not to mention his defensive liabilities. Very frustrating player.

I would agree with you however other than the Bergeron line we can say the same about the the other 3 lines. Add a Marchand and PAsta as his wingers I would venture to guess spooner would play welll. The funny thing is I like what I'm seeing from spooner. He's breaking up plays and working hard on getting back. His linemates are the real issue.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Spooner has 11 PP points. The Bruins have 31 PP Goals. With how Marchand is playing this year, he is easily the least important of the 1st unit.

Spooner has been the most effective player on the pp. he creates opportunities. Saying he's the least important player is laughable. Good thing clode finally moved Marchand to the first pp unit. About time.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I disagree, his value on the PP isn`t necessarily found in the boxscore, the fact he moves the puck quickly is vital

Now, that said, 5 on 5 his consistency still isn`t where it needs to be and many here will point to his linemates and while I can`t/won`t argue that he isn`t blessed with wingers who have finish, you still play more without the puck and his play without it is still a very big question mark.

There are games where I see that willingness to work hard and have focus in all 3 zones, but those are often sandwiched in between far too many games where, if not for the PP, I wouldn`t know he was even dressed

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

to much of a defensive liability as a centerman and doesn't play well on the wing. I had hopes for Spooner when we drafted him, but I don't see how he fits with this team.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I disagree, his value on the PP isn`t necessarily found in the boxscore, the fact he moves the puck quickly is vital

Now, that said, 5 on 5 his consistency still isn`t where it needs to be and many here will point to his linemates and while I can`t/won`t argue that he isn`t blessed with wingers who have finish, you still play more without the puck and his play without it is still a very big question mark.

There are games where I see that willingness to work hard and have focus in all 3 zones, but those are often sandwiched in between far too many games where, if not for the PP, I wouldn`t know he was even dressed

I'm not saying he isn't good on the PP. Just that if he was removed, it wouldn't kill it. Especially with the newer setup where he is playing higher. His shot isn't a threat from that far out just how Krejci's isn't from there either.

Even last season when the PP was hot, it started to nose dive when teams started clamping down on the Bergeron in the bumper.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
to much of a defensive liability as a centerman and doesn't play well on the wing. I had hopes for Spooner when we drafted him, but I don't see how he fits with this team.

I still do a double take when I see those faceoff % numbers, hard to put a guy who can`t win a faceoff with consistency at C

remer

Oct 18, 2005

Spooner fits a lot better than 50% of the rest of the Bruin Roster. He will continue to improve, will be cheap to resign, he is fast, creative and he can score. You don't trade an asset like him when you have a roster that consists of players like Hayes, Schaller, Accairia, Czarnick, Beleskey, etc.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Spooner fits a lot better than 50% of the rest of the Bruin Roster. He will continue to improve, will be cheap to resign, he is fast, creative and he can score. You don't trade an asset like him when you have a roster that consists of players like Hayes, Schaller, Accairia, Czarnick, Beleskey, etc.

where does he fit? He hasn`t improved nearly enough at the C position, and he has shown problems adjusting to the wing position, he isn`t the first player in this league who has been asked to change his position and role, some can do it, some can`t, I`m not sure he can

And the list you give wouldn`t have much value on the market

I think one of the biggest issue on this board is too many overvalue Spooner. Unless he is moved to a team with a coach who turns a blind eye to inconsistent play in his own zone and an inability to win a faceoff, not sure he`ll be more than a guy with skill, speed who doesn`t put "it" all together and I`m not sure what team or coach would permit that?

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015

I agree 100 percent but the problem is Spooner doesn't play the game Bruins management/coaching want the team to play. I'm not at all defending it and I agree when placed with talented players Spooner can be a weapon like we saw when he played with Pasta and Looch.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
As talented as he may be, he is, along with our 2015 1st round picks, the most expendable for trade purposes. A trade for Duchene, for example, would more than compensate for the loss of Spooner and what he brings to the team. Trading Carlo, without an adequate young D replacement, would hurt this team moving forward.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

How cheap he is to resign weighs a lot on how I value him. In arbitration he could easily make a case, based on points, to get the 4 million a year Victor Rask got. Which I would walk away from.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Aging unproductive krej backes or cheap spooner. Who do u keep

Backes just got here, say goodbye to moving him, he wouldn`t dare waive

DK, for the right team, IMO, would waive and I move him

Spooner IMO, overvalued here

I`m not a fan who likes moving young talent, but I just see him being for his career what he is now, a guy who will probably post 40-50 pts somewhere, a guy who, playing on the same team as Patrice Bergeron, hasn`t learned how to win a faceoff nor play consistently in his own zone

I`m wondering where Spooner would slot in on the 29 other NHL teams? I look at the bottom feeders now

Arizona- is he or would he be placed ahead of Hanzal and/or Domi up the middle? Not IMO

Avs- having a horrific season but would he be placed ahead of Mackinnon, Duchene

He`s, at best, a 3rd liner who, when he focuses, is an asset, when he isn`t, moves fast, does little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad