Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I am a huge Dylan Larkin fan. I have had this pipe dream that he could be extracted from the awful team by offering them a big opportunity to rebuild, but...

Just looked at their roster.

They can't let him go.

They have NOTHING. I mean that is a horrible roster.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yeah he really would be a perfect addition, I doubt they move him but it certainly would be nice

I have to think it'll take a lot to get them to move Rakell. He's only 26yr old and is probably a piece they build around if/when the blow it up. Not to mention he's on a fantastic deal. His comp comes out similar to Timo Meier over the last 2 years and he just signed for $6 million this past off-season.

Since 2017-2018 Rakell P/GP Ranks (min 50gp):
31st - Among all wings
14th - Among all right shot wings
19th Among all RW's

Rakell is the one guy where I'd don't think any prospect or young NHL player (not named Pastrnak, McAvoy & Carlo) are untouchable. The problem I see is we just don't seem to match-up well trade wise. We have a ton of LHD, but ANH is set there. ANH needs young centers, but so do we. They could use some RHD upgrades, but outside of McAvoy/Carlo we don't have much to offer.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If Dallas falls out of the playoff race (or maybe even not), I wonder if Corey Perry could be had. Looks like he's playing 3rd line minutes for Dallas. Only has 9pt in 22 games, but has size, can still shoot the puck and is a UFA after this season and is only a $1.5 mil hit. He does have a NTC, that becomes a 5 team trade list on Jan 1st, 2020.

As much as he's dropped off starting in the '17-'18 season, his G/GP still has him playing at a 17G per 82 and a P/GP putting him around 45pts.

Is Perry the ideal answer? hell no, but a different name, that maybe could work with an elite play maker like Krejci. Perry also has some nasty to his game as well.

Reactions: HustleB

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
I know I know we don't trade with Montreal still think Gallagher would be a good addition,I am comfortable with what we have though

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
What about Saad? Chicago looks bad and is probably going to end up being a seller. Saad is having a decent season on a terrible team. On pace for about 25 goals, 50 points which is very consistent for him. Also is signed through next year so no concern of a UFA walking after the playoffs.

Issue would be cap of course. He makes 6 million and Chicago is very tight on cap. Would need to dump cap somewhere else beforehand or Chicago needs to retain which will raise the price.

I think Saad would be great with Krejci though. He is listed as LW - not sure how comfortable he is on his off wing.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I have to think it'll take a lot to get them to move Rakell. He's only 26yr old and is probably a piece they build around if/when the blow it up. Not to mention he's on a fantastic deal. His comp comes out similar to Timo Meier over the last 2 years and he just signed for $6 million this past off-season.

Since 2017-2018 Rakell P/GP Ranks (min 50gp):
31st - Among all wings
14th - Among all right shot wings
19th Among all RW's

Rakell is the one guy where I'd don't think any prospect or young NHL player (not named Pastrnak, McAvoy & Carlo) are untouchable. The problem I see is we just don't seem to match-up well trade wise. We have a ton of LHD, but ANH is set there. ANH needs young centers, but so do we. They could use some RHD upgrades, but outside of McAvoy/Carlo we don't have much to offer.
It will not happen if that’s the case.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Boston fans that want Koivu. One koivu has full no trade clause and he's like Staal in that a deep playoff run doesn't matter to him with any other franchise besides wild. Two, he doesn't want to away from his family at all. In fact he's bought a big house in Finland for when he's done to be close to his parents & other family members. Three, he doesn't want to play for any other organizations & he's still wold best c. Fourth, wild owner & gn want to make a playpla run & they don't intend to shop Koivu do too how beloved he is in Minnesota
I’m not worried about it. We got Coyle from you people that’s enough. Lol. I like Zucker better. Something tells me the Bruins/Wild will not be making a deal this winter. IMO

Reactions: bbfan419

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
The only trade that should be made is for a RH shot RW or a 3C moving Coyle to 2RW.

Therefore the list should include the following:

Palmieri (this would be the guy I go hard after)
Toffoli
Pageau
Koivu

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The only trade that should be made is for a RH shot RW or a 3C moving Coyle to 2RW.

Therefore the list should include the following:

Palmieri (this would be the guy I go hard after)
Toffoli
Pageau
Koivu

Toffoli is probably the most realistic target, unless Koivu suddenly wants out of Minny. Sadly I don't see Toffoli as much of an upgrade over anything we already have.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What about Saad? Chicago looks bad and is probably going to end up being a seller. Saad is having a decent season on a terrible team. On pace for about 25 goals, 50 points which is very consistent for him. Also is signed through next year so no concern of a UFA walking after the playoffs.

Issue would be cap of course. He makes 6 million and Chicago is very tight on cap. Would need to dump cap somewhere else beforehand or Chicago needs to retain which will raise the price.

I think Saad would be great with Krejci though. He is listed as LW - not sure how comfortable he is on his off wing.

He has played plenty on his offwing, his game is cycle and net drive. I'm thinking more and more a Gryz for retained Saad base makes a lot of sense. Of course, I'd rather try to push Zboril + Moore + 2nd or something like that instead of Gryz. But, to me, Saad makes a lot of sense.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He has played plenty on his offwing, his game is cycle and net drive. I'm thinking more and more a Gryz for retained Saad base makes a lot of sense. Of course, I'd rather try to push Zboril + Moore + 2nd or something like that instead of Gryz. But, to me, Saad makes a lot of sense.

Wasn't there talk last year (or a rumor) that Boston and Chicago were talking about a Grz for Saad swap?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Saad checks every box but the physical one. He's a big ES producer, a good two-way player, a great net front presence so he could play on the first PP if they wanted to use him there. He can skate and plays a strong two-way game... He just doesn't hit. He does steal a lot of pucks, and that has a lot of value, but this team doesn't need steals as much as it needs a physical presence in the top6.

Long story short, I think he checks enough boxes to be a really good fit. I think we have to accept that they may not get everything they're looking for at the deadline. They didn't last year (no RW for 46), and there seems to be only one winger who is expected to be available, scores enough to play in the top6 and actively plays the body, and that guy is Kreider, but he's not without risk either, he could walk as a UFA or you could sign him to a risky extension.

Reactions: wintersej

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
@Fenian24 brought up an interesting point in another thread regarding Taylor Hall. If, in a worst case scenario, Bergeron is out for the year, Boston would still be very competitive, if not a Stanley Cup favorite, by having Hall in the lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxl7 and sarge88

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Not sure what it would take, but I would like to see Ondrej Kase be a target for the Bruins.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC

That's actually exactly what I was thinking. Saad for Gryz. I love Gryz a whole lot but realistically we are stacked on defense and have several guys in the AHL ready to make the transition. My only hesitation would be whether they plan to resign Krug or not. If Krug walks and we lose Gryz I don't love that at all. but I think they will resign Krug and if we do Gryz becomes expendable. We need a top 6 winger more than we need Gryz at this point.

Saad checks every box but the physical one. He's a big ES producer, a good two-way player, a great net front presence so he could play on the first PP if they wanted to use him there. He can skate and plays a strong two-way game... He just doesn't hit. He does steal a lot of pucks, and that has a lot of value, but this team doesn't need steals as much as it needs a physical presence in the top6.

Long story short, I think he checks enough boxes to be a really good fit. I think we have to accept that they may not get everything they're looking for at the deadline. They didn't last year (no RW for 46), and there seems to be only one winger who is expected to be available, scores enough to play in the top6 and actively plays the body, and that guy is Kreider, but he's not without risk either, he could walk as a UFA or you could sign him to a risky extension.

I would prefer Saad to Kreider. Kreider is having a mediocre season and seems to want a lot of money. He is fast and big but also is a pretty dumb player. I think Krejci is way more likely to gel with Saad than with Kreider.

Also while Saad isn't physical I've been surprised how players become more physical on this team. Coyle for example - Minnesota fans always claim he never used the body. While he's not a huge hitter he has played the body really well here in my opinion. I think when you're on the ice with a strong, well oiled team stuff like that can come out.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That's actually exactly what I was thinking. Saad for Gryz. I love Gryz a whole lot but realistically we are stacked on defense and have several guys in the AHL ready to make the transition. My only hesitation would be whether they plan to resign Krug or not. If Krug walks and we lose Gryz I don't love that at all. but I think they will resign Krug and if we do Gryz becomes expendable. We need a top 6 winger more than we need Gryz at this point.

I would prefer Saad to Kreider. Kreider is having a mediocre season and seems to want a lot of money. He is fast and big but also is a pretty dumb player. I think Krejci is way more likely to gel with Saad than with Kreider.

Also while Saad isn't physical I've been surprised how players become more physical on this team. Coyle for example - Minnesota fans always claim he never used the body. While he's not a huge hitter he has played the body really well here in my opinion. I think when you're on the ice with a strong, well oiled team stuff like that can come out.

I like the extra year on Saad's deal. And having Krejci, Backes, Saad and Rask coming off the books the same year gives them some flexibility to do something big (although I assume they bring back Rask to split time with one of the current prospects).

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
They're both pipe dreams for different reasons. Columbus isn't moving Anderson unless there is a big overpayment.
I guess I fail to see how you can positively say to everyone that Anderson is a pipe dream. YOU, and I stress you, may feel that way but everything that we've seen with :
1) The teams current place in the standings
2) His lack of production
3) Their past issues with contract negotiations

Those three combined, that doesn't scream pipe dream to me. But perhaps you have sources you just didn't mention.

Reactions: sarge88

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I guess I fail to see how you can positively say to everyone that Anderson is a pipe dream. YOU, and I stress you, may feel that way but everything that we've seen with :
1) The teams current place in the standings
2) His lack of production
3) Their past issues with contract negotiations

Lol.... Because it's my opinion? I mean, you have Columbus fans constantly saying the guy isn't available. There's a reason for that. Players like Anderson don't usually become available until they're about to hit UFA or hit UFA. He's under control so they have no real reason to move on from him at the moment. As I said, CBJ isn't moving this player unless it's a massive overpayment, and that's not something I see Boston doing.

Those three combined, that doesn't scream pipe dream to me. But perhaps you have sources you just didn't mention.

What the f*** does sources have to do with this?

BruinsNetwork

Yes mojo was discussed. Days before the trade. Reed was first on it. I guess you don't follow us on twitter?

Not everyone posts it on hf. Heck, I sure don't.

Heck, I've even given you info in our SIM league I won't even share on twitter here or anywhere else. There are people here that can confirm that.

People are going to ask why. A lot of it is based on confidentiality. And a lot of times you share something and people would rather discuss fantasy. So why bother?

....Lost Peanut?

Reactions: CDJ and lost peanut

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I like the extra year on Saad's deal. And having Krejci, Backes, Saad and Rask coming off the books the same year gives them some flexibility to do something big (although I assume they bring back Rask to split time with one of the current prospects).

Very true. Only question is cap for next year - what are Krug and DeBrusk going to sign for? Also I would like to bring Halak back for a year around the same price if possible.

But if they retain on Saad it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad