Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Yeah, i quoted the wrong person, my bad @AngryMilkcrates

in that case I will say I think kent nielson was the most 'talented' player I ever saw... a lot of oldtimers agree with me

but he sure as hell didnt work as hard as wayne gretzky

bryan fogerty just oozed raw talent... but he never had an nhl career. and vladamir rudzicka made some of the most beautiful highlights ive ever seen in 45 years as a bruin fan

hall was a first overall pick based on 'talent'

Bergeron and marchand are on the way to the nhl for way more reasons than just talent... which they have... but they work so damn hard... they compete so damn hard... and they hungar to win so damn hungry they just wont be denied

I will definitely agree with you Bergeron and marchand are the better players over the past 5-6 years or more... but if hall learns from Bergeron and marchand to up his compete level and develop his hungar than his potential ceiling is higher...

and I would daresay its higher than pastrnak too.

but you know... peter klima might have been the most talented player I ever saw and he sucked. in ny, messier and gretzky used to look over at kovalev sitting in the corner and they would tell each other that guy {kovalev} was the best player in the room {most talented}

talent doesnt necessarily equate to good hockey. im a huge fan of grit/character/compete because I value those as much or more than I value talent

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
in that case I will say I think kent nielson was the most 'talented' player I ever saw... a lot of oldtimers agree with me

but he sure as hell didnt work as hard as wayne gretzky

bryan fogerty just oozed raw talent... but he never had an nhl career. and vladamir rudzicka made some of the most beautiful highlights ive ever seen in 45 years as a bruin fan

hall was a first overall pick based on 'talent'

Bergeron and marchand are on the way to the nhl for way more reasons than just talent... which they have... but they work so damn hard... they compete so damn hard... and they hungar to win so damn hungry they just wont be denied

I will definitely agree with you Bergeron and marchand are the better players over the past 5-6 years or more... but if hall learns from Bergeron and marchand to up his compete level and develop his hungar than his potential ceiling is higher...

and I would daresay its higher than pastrnak too.

but you know... peter klima might have been the most talented player I ever saw and he sucked. in ny, messier and gretzky used to look over at kovalev sitting in the corner and they would tell each other that guy {kovalev} was the best player in the room {most talented}

talent doesnt necessarily equate to good hockey. im a huge fan of grit/character/compete because I value those as much or more than I value talent

There are a lot of guys who eventually “got it” after being underachievers, or worse early in their careers.

Marc Savard is a prime example.

Modano to a degree as well.

Larry Murphy.

Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
i argued in support of hall today because HE IS SPECIAL... if hes on the market you MUST kick the tires.

i will say my number 1 trade thought is still... mikko koivu

minny is in rebuild... price is right... krejci can be the missing rw we are looking for. koivu can still play winning brand of second line hockey

Hall is special, you are right.

9 seasons and counting with just one playoff appearance and just one playoff game win, a feat like that is truly special. Rarely accomplished.

And suggesting David Krejci, one of the great Bruins of this generation, shift over to a position he's never played before, to make room for freakin' Mikko Koivu, is an insult to Krejci. Shame.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Sometimes quality outweighs quantity.

The person you’re taking a shot at has around 13K posts since 2006.

There are others with more in just a bit over 2 years.

And sometimes there's ways to get your point across without having to right a 4 page book report on it.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Sometimes quality outweighs quantity.

The person you’re taking a shot at has around 13K posts since 2006.

There are others with more in just a bit over 2 years.

6636285520.jpg

Reactions: Spooner st

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Bruins look good. They made it to game 7 last year. Addition of Coyle extends Bruins cup window. Add complimentary piece if needed. Do NOT trade roster players aside from those riding pine.

This is a good team. Pray for health, add a piece and go with it. Go Bruins.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Boston fans that want Koivu. One koivu has full no trade clause and he's like Staal in that a deep playoff run doesn't matter to him with any other franchise besides wild. Two, he doesn't want to away from his family at all. In fact he's bought a big house in Finland for when he's done to be close to his parents & other family members. Three, he doesn't want to play for any other organizations & he's still wold best c. Fourth, wild owner & gn want to make a playpla run & they don't intend to shop Koivu do too how beloved he is in Minnesota

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Boston fans that want Koivu. One koivu has full no trade clause and he's like Staal in that a deep playoff run doesn't matter to him with any other franchise besides wild. Two, he doesn't want to away from his family at all. In fact he's bought a big house in Finland for when he's done to be close to his parents & other family members. Three, he doesn't want to play for any other organizations & he's still wold best c. Fourth, wild owner & gn want to make a playpla run & they don't intend to shop Koivu do too how beloved he is in Minnesota
Well good, maybe that will stop people from including him in offers. I would be pretty disappointed if he was the addition.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Sloth - Taking it Slow
The sloth’s nature allows it to conserve energy, moving slower than any other mammal on the planet. This modest pace means that sloths generally travel no more than 125 feet (38 meters) in a single day, and on the rare occasion that they find themselves at ground level, they crawl only 1 foot (30 cm) per minute.

I'm just confused because you said, when we trade, please not this guy and a picture of the sloth. Who's sloth? Lol

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Hall in my mind is a pipe dream. Anyone who's arguing that Hall doesn't make this team better is not that intelligent when it comes to hockey. The guy is a legit superstar playing on an absolute dumpster fire team. Yeah there have questions surrounding his attitude but skill wise, he's a top 2-3-4 guy on this team. Also to say "Taylor Hall wouldn't want to watch the PP from the bench" give your head a shake, this guy is on your top PP, Marshy-Bergy-Pasta-Hall-Krug.

In saying all that, I revert back to my original statement, he's a pipe dream. We have a cap here and we're right up against it.

I'll revert back to what I've been saying, Josh Anderson is our guy. He gives us a skill set we lack in our top 9. He allows the Debrusk-Coyle-Heinen line to stay together and let Bjork-Krejci-Anderson roll as our 2nd line. That is a deep top 9. Like Hall, Anderson looks disinterested in Columbus but after loading up so much last year and losing so many key guys, I understand. He's a secondary piece, needs a guy like Krejci feeding him pucks, likely doesn't get that with Jenner and Foligno.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hall in my mind is a pipe dream. Anyone who's arguing that Hall doesn't make this team better is not that intelligent when it comes to hockey. The guy is a legit superstar playing on an absolute dumpster fire team. Yeah there have questions surrounding his attitude but skill wise, he's a top 2-3-4 guy on this team. Also to say "Taylor Hall wouldn't want to watch the PP from the bench" give your head a shake, this guy is on your top PP, Marshy-Bergy-Pasta-Hall-Krug.

In saying all that, I revert back to my original statement, he's a pipe dream. We have a cap here and we're right up against it.

I'll revert back to what I've been saying, Josh Anderson is our guy. He gives us a skill set we lack in our top 9. He allows the Debrusk-Coyle-Heinen line to stay together and let Bjork-Krejci-Anderson roll as our 2nd line. That is a deep top 9. Like Hall, Anderson looks disinterested in Columbus but after loading up so much last year and losing so many key guys, I understand. He's a secondary piece, needs a guy like Krejci feeding him pucks, likely doesn't get that with Jenner and Foligno.
I like Anderson, just not willing to give up a ton for him or as much as CBJ probably want for him, if we could get him for say Zboril + Frederic and Cehlarik, then I would do it, but they will want more than that most likely and if I am trading someone like Vaak then I want a better player than Anderson.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I've seen JGP name come up a few times and I'd be cautious with him. Reminds me a lot of Dzingel from last year. Was a hot ticket, got traded to CBJ and saw his P/GP drop by 25%, which also saw his TOI drop by 3 minutes a night compared to his time in OTT.

JGP is playing 18 minutes a night right now in OTT. He's not getting that kind of TOI in Boston and he's probably closer to 16 minutes a night in Boston. JGP s% is also insanley high and nearly double his career average. Prior to this season JGP shot at 9.3% and this year he's shooting at 22.4% for Ottawa.

I just don't see this guy being the answer many thing he will be.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

They're both pipe dreams for different reasons. Columbus isn't moving Anderson unless there is a big overpayment.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I've seen JGP name come up a few times and I'd be cautious with him. Reminds me a lot of Dzingel from last year. Was a hot ticket, got traded to CBJ and saw his P/GP drop by 25%, which also saw his TOI drop by 3 minutes a night compared to his time in OTT.

JGP is playing 18 minutes a night right now in OTT. He's not getting that kind of TOI in Boston and he's probably closer to 16 minutes a night in Boston. JGP s% is also insanley high and nearly double his career average. Prior to this season JGP shot at 9.3% and this year he's shooting at 22.4% for Ottawa.

I just don't see this guy being the answer many thing he will be.

I agree with this 100%, if we could get him at a fairly cheap price, sure add him, but I would also want another add, a bigger piece. I still think the top fits for the Bruins if they could be had are Kyle Palmieri, Rickard Rakell and Elias Lindholm. In Lindholm's case he would be a great add in case Bergy can't go or is out for a while he can play C as well as RW. Rakell most likely won't be traded as the Ducks are in a playoff spot and likely want to add players.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I agree with this 100%, if we could get him at a fairly cheap price, sure add him, but I would also want another add, a bigger piece. I still think the top fits for the Bruins if they could be had are Kyle Palmieri, Rickard Rakell and Elias Lindholm. In Lindholm's case he would be a great add in case Bergy can't go or is out for a while he can play C as well as RW. Rakell most likely won't be traded as the Ducks are in a playoff spot and likely want to add players.

I do not think the ducks are in a playoff spot, perhaps I’m wrong though

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I do not think the ducks are in a playoff spot, perhaps I’m wrong though
You are right, there were not long ago, guess they have fallen back a bit, but they are not far out 4 pts from the last WC spot. Rakell would definitely be someone I would target if he could be had in a deal without an overpayment.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You are right, there were not long ago, guess they have fallen back a bit, but they are not far out 4 pts from the last WC spot. Rakell would definitely be someone I would target if he could be had in a deal without an overpayment.

Yeah he really would be a perfect addition, I doubt they move him but it certainly would be nice

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad