Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
“Here’s my plan as GM montecristo

Step 1. Trade Krug for mantha
Step 2. Trade heinen for a 2nd round pick
Step 3. Resign carlo mcavoy and acciari
Step 4. Let Johansson walk

Go into the season with a very good top 6, a proven line 4 and a 3rd line that’s in shambles outside of coyle. You’ll also likely have somewhere in the 2-3million dollar range in terms of cap space. Try out bjork, Frederic, studnicka, steen etc on 3rd line as season goes on. At the deadline Boston will likely have about 6million in space for a player. Trade a 1st round pick + 2nd + studnicka/vaakananien/both to nj for hall.

Go into playoffs with
Marchand-Bergeron-pastrnak
Debrusk-krejci-mantha
Hall-coyle-someone
4th line

Chara-mcavoy
Grzcelyk-carlo
Moore-Miller
Kampfer
Clifton

That’s a legit roster for a cup push.
If you want to resign hall and coyle you can trade debrusk and manthas rights for picks to replenish what you spent for hall and attach another first to dump backes’ cap hit. Bruins fixed”

This was my summer plan. It was ripped apart with “mantha isn’t worth anything close to Krug this” and “hall is on a contender and won’t be moved” that. Now look at the 2 of them. Mantha has 6 goals and 9 points in 6 games. Taylor halls devils are winless and in dead last with rumors of him being shipped out at the deadline if things don’t turn around fast in NJ. I still want hall, but he can’t be gotten anymore since the bruins didn’t trade Krug for mantha, and now lack the cap space necessary. And if anyone here says it’s because mantha was worth more than Krug this summer then where were you when everyone here told me I’d be fired if I made that move.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Last year was the perfect time to hit a home run and trade one of the top-D prospect to Ottawa for Stone.

Vaakaneinen
Lauzon
Zboril

They could all be in NHL. There is no room.

Trade one of them for an equally good young scoring winger. You can even add for an upgrade.

Do it Don.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Last year was the perfect time to hit a home run and trade one of the top-D prospect to Ottawa for Stone.

Vaakaneinen
Lauzon
Zboril

They could all be in NHL. There is no room.

Trade one of them for an equally good young scoring winger. You can even add for an upgrade.

Do it Don.

My take on the Stone deal they way sounded when the deal was made was Ottawa viewed Brannstrom as a sure-fire top-pairing guy. I'm not sure they would of viewed any of the three (including Urho) as a sure thing to be a core player moving forward.

That's not to say those 3 guys as a piece can't get a Top 6 scoring winger, I just don't think they were getting Stone with a deal based around one of them, especially in the same division as the Sens.

Reactions: Lo97

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
My take on the Stone deal they way sounded when the deal was made was Ottawa viewed Brannstrom as a sure-fire top-pairing guy. I'm not sure they would of viewed any of the three (including Urho) as a sure thing to be a core player moving forward.

That's not to say those 3 guys as a piece can't get a Top 6 scoring winger, I just don't think they were getting Stone with a deal based around one of them, especially in the same division as the Sens.

Probably.

But Stone was everything the Bruins needed and would have fit perfectly with this team.

Now that this ship is gone, Sweeney has to shop one of his top ELC D or Gryz and add if needed to get a top young scoring winger.

Closer to deadline they’ll have gained more cap room to add a high salary.

Until then, give the skilled Providence options starting with Bjork key top middle-6 time to see what you have in house.

Bruins with a great start and plenty of options to step in or be traded for upgrades/position of needs.

Another great season in the cards. It’s been an awesome time to be a Bruins with 3SCF in 9 years with a Cup and from the look of it, they’ll keep being a top contender for the foreseeable futur.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
At some point this team is going to have to deal a defenseman, right?

They've got 7 guys on the roster right now. Miller and Moore are both going to get healthy at some point. You can't carry 9 D and I don't think it's easy to trade guys on IR.

Would they send Clifton down? He doesn't deserve it but I believe he is waiver exempt until he plays 36 more NHL games.

Just a guess but I can see Moore dealt for peanuts when he's healthy, similar to when they moved Sturm the fall of 2010. He's a legit NHL D-man just on a deep team and his contract isn't horrible IMO with his cap hit.

I can also see Sweeney wanting to send Moore somewhere where he will play everyday, something he won't get in Boston if/when everyone is healthy. I think Cassidy prefers Miller and Clifton to Moore.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Thankfully you're not the GM and never will be

backes contract alone is going to cost you a first round pick. Trading a future 2nd rounder, Frederic and lauzon for palmieri who has averaged .68 points per game the last five years is a steal. Also you get him for 1.5 years if you deal for him at the deadline.

mind you that center and LHD are positions of strength for the bruins. Especially if you sign coyle and krug.

I know bruins fans overrate our prospects, that’s a great deal, New Jersey declines that, not the bruins.

save $1.35m against the cap next year and add a legitimate 2nd line winger for getting rid of backes by attaching a first then adding a future 2nd, a center in frederic who has 33 points in 72 AHL games and a 3rd pairing LHD in lauzon. No doubt.

Last edited:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
backes contract alone is going to cost you a first round pick. Trading a future 2nd rounder, Frederic and lauzon for palmieri who has averaged .68 points per game the last five years is a steal. Also you get him for 1.5 years if you deal for him at the deadline.

mind you that center and LHD are positions of strength for the bruins. Especially if you sign coyle and krug.

I know bruins fans overrate our prospects, that’s a great deal, New Jersey declines that, not the bruins.

save $1.35m against the cap next year and add a legitimate 2nd line winger for getting rid of backes by attaching a first then adding a future 2nd, a center in frederic who has 33 points in 72 AHL games and a 3rd pairing LHD in lauzon. No doubt.

I disagree that center is a position of strength for Boston. Both it and right-shot RW are the organization’s major weaknesses. Although I am less high on Frederic than before, I would like to see Boston hold on to him to see whether he improves in his development.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Just a guess but I can see Moore dealt for peanuts when he's healthy, similar to when they moved Sturm the fall of 2010. He's a legit NHL D-man just on a deep team and his contract isn't horrible IMO with his cap hit.

I can also see Sweeney wanting to send Moore somewhere where he will play everyday, something he won't get in Boston if/when everyone is healthy. I think Cassidy prefers Miller and Clifton to Moore.

I'm not so sure. With the future of both Chara and Krug up in the air, I don't think it would be wise to remove the only other veteran LHD on the team. If they let Krug and Chara go, Moore gives you insurance against Vaak and Lauzon's growing pains. Plus, the B's will want 8 defensemen for the playoffs. One of Moore, Miller and Kampfer has to go, but not sold it will be Moore. I would think Miller, with his expiring contract, will be easier to deal.

Having read the replies and thinking this through a bit more, I now think the plan is to get Miller into the lineup as soon as he's healthy so they can show the league he's still a viable player, then move him before Moore is ready to return so you open up a roster spot for Moore. You're 8 playoff defensemen would then be...

Gryz - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Chara - Clifton
Moore - Kampfer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I know I was ripped for this when I've brought it up the past few years, but....Dustin Brown. 22nd among RW's in ES Goals over the last 2 years and off to a good start to the year. Maybe you can deal Backes and get LA to retain a bit in order to compensate for actual money owed. Ship Backes + prospect(s) for Brown w/ some retention.

To BOS
Dustin Brown ($1.5 million retained)

TO LAK
David Backes
Peter Cehlarik / Jakub Zboril
Koko (rights)

Brown would be about a $4.3 million hit for 3 years.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Brown
Heinen - Coyle - Khulman
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I'm often left wondering what the thought process is among Bruins fans that make proposals. So I gotta ask.

If you are so sure NJ rejects the offer, then why even bring it up as a discussion point?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not so sure. With the future of both Chara and Krug up in the air, I don't think it would be wise to remove the only other veteran LHD on the team. If they let Krug and Chara go, Moore gives you insurance against Vaak and Lauzon's growing pains. Plus, the B's will want 8 defensemen for the playoffs. One of Moore, Miller and Kampfer has to go, but not sold it will be Moore. I would think Miller, with his expiring contract, will be easier to deal.

Having read the replies and thinking this through a bit more, I now think the plan is to get Miller into the lineup as soon as he's healthy so they can show the league he's still a viable player, then move him before Moore is ready to return so you open up a roster spot for Moore. You're 8 playoff defensemen would then be...

Gryz - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Chara - Clifton
Moore - Kampfer

Makes a lot of sense really.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Makes a lot of sense really.
Miller should go, the guy gives it his all, but he just cannot stay in the lineup and is always injured. With him being a UFA next year, I would think they could move him, teams are always looking for extra help on D.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Miller should go, the guy gives it his all, but he just cannot stay in the lineup and is always injured. With him being a UFA next year, I would think they could move him, teams are always looking for extra help on D.

Especially RHD. The Jets could certainly use him, for example.

Reactions: bbfan419

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
How much is another looming expansion draft affecting moving players up and down? Maybe this is the reason why we don't see certain kids in Boston, to protect them from Seattle?

Legit question if anyone knows.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Are you confident after tonights game that Palmieri will be enough to get us back to the SCF?

Because I will need some convincing.

I mean, we almost beat TB and were missing our #2 center. We had multiple 4th line players littered on lines 2-4.. I think the addition of a single Top 6 RW makes the team a lot better....

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- T6RW
Heinen -- Coyle -- Kuhlman
Nordstrom -- Kuraly -- Wagner
Ritchie
Lindholm

That's instantly becomes a team hard to beat.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I mean, we almost beat TB and were missing our #2 center. We had multiple 4th line players littered on lines 2-4.. I think the addition of a single Top 6 RW makes the team a lot better....

Ritchie
Lindholm

agreed, and adding a T6RW allows so freedom to move Pasta/Heinen/JDB around a little maybe find a little chemistry bump

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Ritchie
Lindholm

I've been yelling about our need for a replacement for Horton since...well.....Horton.

We need a proven trigger man to go with Krejci. Jake is not the answer on that line right now. Both would benefit from a guy who can score and is confident enough to take shots while being smart enough to be in the right places to do so.

Not sure Bjork is the answer there either, though he will get his shot by Christmas I have no doubt.

Guarentee Sweeney will be looking for inside options to keep the shift afloat until he can find a bigger one in Feburary.

If Ottawa really did ask for Vaak for Stone.....

That NO is not aging well.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I've been yelling about our need for a replacement for Horton since...well.....Horton.

We need a proven trigger man to go with Krejci. Jake is not the answer on that line right now. Both would benefit from a guy who can score and is confident enough to take shots while being smart enough to be in the right places to do so.

Not sure Bjork is the answer there either, though he will get his shot by Christmas I have no doubt.

Guarentee Sweeney will be looking for inside options to keep the shift afloat until he can find a bigger one in Feburary.

If Ottawa really did ask for Vaak for Stone.....

That NO is not aging well.

You've been yelling about a replacement for Horton since Horton? Didn't the Bruins suitably replace Horton with the likes of Iginla and Eriksson?

Why is that NO not againg well? Vaakanainen is a high end defensive prospect? OTT got Brannstrom for him, who is an elite prospect back there.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I see no real opportunity for moves some of you are talking about... again, there is a cap... every team has a soft spot or 3 in the lineup it needs kids/elc guys to fill

Coyle and krug are our 2 high profile ufa we might move if we thought we werent going to extend... but both are obviously very important for our success now. If they are staying our options to trade dry up quickly

Backes obviously IS NOT GOING AANYWHERE. Did we promise not to move him in exchange he might retire next year? I dont know... but buyout sucks... and surrendering a first sucks. Hes here for now

I think its obvious the team loves kuhlman and he works hard. It appears he has a great attitude. We will test him during the meaningless regular season and see what hes got

This is a team that dominated regular season last 2 years... we arent in danger of anything in regular season

The team asks its players... work hard... pick up your defensive assignments. We are 2nd in nhl for gaa after tonights games. There is no blackholes defensively in the 23 man roster.

Tonight the 'best team in nhl' required ot to edge us. Its easy to picture a 7 game series with them. Remember st louis barely got through the early rounds of playoffs last year. Parity is a REAL THING!

As for trades i see... i dont think every dman will stay once everyone is healthy. Miller is most likely to go as a pending ufa.

Moore? I see an argument to keep him if we can afford him... probably depends if we keep krug... might depend if chara is talking another year.

Miller/moore money next year needs to go towards krug/grezlyck/coyle/debrusk so dont expect longterm deals to come in now.

The plan will still be fill our soft spots with kids

There is no soft spot at center... bergeron/krejci/coyle/kuraly are cup caliber... studnicka is an exciting prospect not too far away

There is no soft spot on lw... heinen is above average 3rd line depth... debrusk might be snakebit now but he is above average second line depth.

Defense and goal... we are stacked... remember there is a cap

So... we wanted better options for 2 rw roster spots... and trust me, karson kuhlman is getting every opportunity to fill one

Brett ritchie hasnt grabbed the other spot yet... but he hasnt been a disaster. He hasnt cost us games. We hope he can improve

If the ritchie experiment ends... we got bjork in line to get his chance next. The word was, bjork was looked at to score. Hes in ahl to get confidence. The team sees him as a scorer. He will get an nhl chance before we might make trades at the deadline

Any trades we might make wont happen before deadline. For cap reasons, we are going to audition our kids first. Miller will likely get traded away asap to clear cap... but dont expect someone new with a huge contract.

I see our rw depth chart as pastnak/bjork/kuhlman/wagner once christmas rolls around. I still hope for brett ritchie but its looking more unlikely for him.

With steen and senyshyn also in pipeline... and studnicka as a possibility for rw... we simply have too many kids to make any dumb moves

Spend our caproom on krug... on coyle... on debrusk... on grezlyck. We win with these guys. They play winning hockey.

And if we must get more depth at deadline... do it at deadline. We are 5-1-1 after road games in vegas and colorado, home games with tampa and washington.

We are beating the best teams in league

Back to back with toronto next... perfect remedy for our scoring issues. Lets allow the boys to get their confidence with 9-10 goals against this flawed leafs team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad