Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Guy's are ****ing trading around guys who haven't played since like 1999 and dudes who are eating through straws and we can't deal Backes? Give me a break.

we can deal backes, it’s just going to cost a first round pick. Find me a trade recently that was for a backes type contract that wasn’t dealt for a first round draft pick or wasn’t a bad contract for bad contract type of deal.

unless the bruins retain a decent amount of salary it’s going to cost a first round pick. Highly doubt any team is interested in taking on Backes $6m cap hit for a very late 2nd round pick.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
we can deal backes, it’s just going to cost a first round pick. Find me a trade recently that was for a backes type contract that wasn’t dealt for a first round draft pick or wasn’t a bad contract for bad contract type of deal.

unless the bruins retain a decent amount of salary it’s going to cost a first round pick. Highly doubt any team is interested in taking on Backes $6m cap hit for a very late 2nd round pick.
I'd trade a 1st with his contract if it means it's over and we clear space.

Reactions: Strafer

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Isn't probably the reason Backes is harder to move?

Not sure why? Get a great 6 mil dollar cap hit and have a guy you can actually play here and there. Yotes didn't miss the play-offs by much last season. Anyways, we waited to long, last summer was the time to give it a shot. They will buy him out this summer anyways, will cost 4 mil on 20-21 and 1 mil 21-22.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
To Boston:

Kyle Palmieri

to NJ:

backes, 2020 first, 2021 2nd, frederic, lauzon

honestly NJ probably still rejects that

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
At some point this team is going to have to deal a defenseman, right?

They've got 7 guys on the roster right now. Miller and Moore are both going to get healthy at some point. You can't carry 9 D and I don't think it's easy to trade guys on IR.

Would they send Clifton down? He doesn't deserve it but I believe he is waiver exempt until he plays 36 more NHL games.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

They've got 7 guys on the roster right now. Miller and Moore are both going to get healthy at some point. You can't carry 9 D and I don't think it's easy to trade guys on IR.

Would they send Clifton down? He doesn't deserve it but I believe he is waiver exempt until he plays 36 more NHL games.

I have zero doubt if Miller ever returns he will be subbed in for Clifton day one.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

One of the reasons why I though that Moore was such a bizarre signing from the get go. He was already a bottom pairing guy coming in and now he clearly isn't one of the top-6 defencemen for them. Spending 2.75 million on a 7th defenceman for the next 4 seasons isn't killing their cap, but those sorts of mistakes add up quickly. Backes, Moore, Beleskey and Seidenberg are eating around 10 million dollars of their cap space while they are contending.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Not sure why? Get a great 6 mil dollar cap hit and have a guy you can actually play here and there. Yotes didn't miss the play-offs by much last season. Anyways, we waited to long, last summer was the time to give it a shot. They will buy him out this summer anyways, will cost 4 mil on 20-21 and 1 mil 21-22.
This is exactly what people should be realizing here.

What are they going to do, trade Backes' entire salary some time between now and February, then get into a time machine and head to Summer-2019 to get in on the free agent action? Clearing Backes does virtually nothing for the Bruins now that the season has started that sending him to Providence doesn't accomplish. By the time all's said and done, they will have plenty of room to add what the need at the deadline, even with Backes on the payroll.

They'll take a quick look next summer to see if they can dump him for a discount, if anyone needs the contract to get to the limit without paying the full salary. But he's likely headed to buyoutsville.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

18 more games.

Clifton has played 24 regular season games + 18 playoff games = 42 games. He's waiver exempt for 60 games.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I have zero doubt if Miller ever returns he will be subbed in for Clifton day one.

I have no doubt Miller will return or the Bruins would have put him on LTIR instead of Moore. While Moore makes a few pennies more, the fact that Miller would be out longer term (the season) would have had a bigger cap advantage if he was placed on LTIR instead of Moore.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
That would be a good thing.

i would do that in a heart beat. .68 points per game on a bad New Jersey devils team the past 5 years. Also signed through the next of the 2020-2021 season. Bruins would actually gain over $1m in cap space for next year too to sign krug and other RFAs.

gets you cap space and a RW for krejci who has put up .68 points per game the past 5 seasons and is 28 years old

Reactions: Strafer

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
i would do that in a heart beat. .68 points per game on a bad New Jersey devils team the past 5 years. Also signed through the next of the 2020-2021 season. Bruins would actually gain over $1m in cap space for next year too to sign krug and other RFAs.

gets you cap space and a RW for krejci who has put up .68 points per game the past 5 seasons and is 28 years old
Thankfully you're not the GM and never will be

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
With our aging core (and highest skilled) why would anyone want to get rid of a 1st ?! dont forget that seidenberg and belesky buyouts are off the books after this year

I don't get it either. Backes' contract sucks, but it's almost over. It isn't worth mortgaging the future be shut of. If it it had 4 or 5 years left to run, it might be worth it, but as it stands, I would not give away a 1st and prospects to lose that cap hit.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Not a trade, but Vanek could be a cheap signing and slide in with Krejci/Debrusk?
I know this is going to get a lot of hate, but the dude can score. Krejci seems to play best with slower dudes also.

aguineapig

Not a trade, but Vanek could be a cheap signing and slide in with Krejci/Debrusk?
I know this is going to get a lot of hate, but the dude can score. Krejci seems to play best with slower dudes also.
I'm a Hockey Tonk nighttime man
I can't stand no light
I get my rest in the daytime
I do my runnin' around at night

Merle H.
Always think of that song when you post! Skynyrd did a great take of that song!

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston

With Lauzon and Vaakanainen behind the 9 of them. There are logjams up and down the organization, I hope they have a plan.

member 96824

is this confirmed anywhere? I missed it.

I don’t think Marleau is comparable because the contracts were very different. I think Backes would cost the B’s more than a first, and Don didn’t like what he found out in the market. No doubt in my mind that he tried to trade him.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

member 96824

Miller and Moore are expensive for what they bring to the table, especially when you look at what Clifton can bring in replacement for his cost. I would have loved to see them moved in the off-season but injuries really complicate that

Reactions: bruins4thecup65
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad