Proposal: All Bruins Trade Proposals V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Lou I get it is a bit of a over payment but we need to rid our selves of that Backes contract. Also we have a lot of players in our system. We have been drafting well I would rather keep our picks for Don and trade prospects. Hopefully our scouts know who to keep.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lou I get it is a bit of a over payment but we need to rid our selves of that Backes contract. Also we have a lot of players in our system. We have been drafting well I would rather keep our picks for Don and trade prospects. Hopefully our scouts know who to keep.

After reading this, still pass. It was a serious overpayment.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Backes has to be moved plain and simple to fit in a solid top 6 forward.

Highly doubt that happens. Bruins would have to attach a first round pick to get his contract out and then pay whatever the cost for the new player. The extra year on backes’ deal is a killer.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Highly doubt that happens. Bruins would have to attach a first round pick to get his contract out and then pay whatever the cost for the new player. The extra year on backes’ deal is a killer.
This is true and why we won't be able to acquire a talented top 6, we may have to try and get someone like a Mojo at the deadline again if possible, that would be the best hope without moving the anchor known as Backes, what a horrible signing that was. Only other way may be trading someone like Krug which I don't really want to do.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'd attach a low end 1st round pick to get rid of Backes yesterday
As much as I would like Backes gone, I do not want to give up any top picks to do so, look at this year we got Beecher at 30. I would however deal certain prospects like Fredric, Zboril, Senyshen, JFK, Kuhlman or a combo of them to trade Backes.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I'd attach a low end 1st round pick to get rid of Backes yesterday
Backes + 1st 2020 + Vaak + Bjork + Celharik
Josh Anderson +Nick Foligno (30% retained) 3.85million/per

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Anderson
Heinen-Coyle-Foligno
Wags-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Ritchie

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Anderson
Heinen-Coyle-Foligno
Wags-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Ritchie
That's a tad steep for me and i like Anderson, haha.

Maybe sub out Vaak

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Anderson
Heinen-Coyle-Foligno
Wags-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Ritchie

Foligno and Anderson now that's some grit toughness and skill. I'd do it because it would give the Bruins a greater chance of winning the Cup this year, but I don't see Columbus doing it.

Reactions: sarge88 and Lo97

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Backes, 1st 2020, Bjork & Cehlarik for Kreider

I feel for the right price the Rangers would move Kreider.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/15/rangers-need-chris-kreider-to-find-his-way-amid-puzzling-start/
Among the Rangers forwards who have appeared in all three games, only Brendan Lemieux and Lias Andersson are getting fewer even-strength minutes than Kreider

Kreider generally is one of the last Rangers off the ice at practice. Tuesday, he was among the first, heading directly to the trainer’s room for treatment. He missed his final shift of the first period on Saturday after Jujhar Khaira fell on his leg. The man needs his wheels.
And the Rangers need more from Kreider, who finished last season scoring two goals in his final 17 games while bothered for a spell by a hamstring issue. They need more, and have a right to expect more, because he has much more to give.

“I think in general the line he’s been on hasn’t been great,” said Quinn, who was effusive in his praise of Kreider’s work with the man-advantage. “One of the things I’d like to see, not only out of him but all our forwards, is to have a mentality where they pressure pucks more. I don’t think we’re pressuring pucks anywhere near the way we need to. I don’t think we’re physical enough near the way we need to be.”
Quinn repeatedly stopped practice during its scrimmage. He was loud — very loud — while admonishing his team in a manner that recalled October 2018, at one point imploring the group to move the puck north-south at an accelerated pace after a languid breakout.
“I want you to do both and you’re not doing either,” he barked in exasperation, reinforcing the theme upon which he later expanded during his press briefing.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
As much as I would like Backes gone, I do not want to give up any top picks to do so, look at this year we got Beecher at 30. I would however deal certain prospects like Fredric, Zboril, Senyshen, JFK, Kuhlman or a combo of them to trade Backes.

none of those players are getting teams to move backes. Marleau just cost Toronto a first rounder to move for one season. Backes will cost the same, that’s the going rate.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
none of those players are getting teams to move backes. Marleau just cost Toronto a first rounder to move for one season. Backes will cost the same, that’s the going rate.
Maybe if you added 3 of those prospects, say Zboril + Frederic + a roster guy like Kuhlman. If it really came down to it and we absolutely had to move Backes I would include instead a top prospect like Urho provided we get say a 2nd round pick back.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Backes, 1st 2020, Bjork & Cehlarik for Kreider

why would the rangers do this? Taking backes alone would be a first round pick. Cehlarik isn’t worth anything as he was put on waivers and went unclaimed by every team and bjork is an often injured prospect.

if rangers made Kreider available numerous teams would offer better packages without the rangers having to take on a $6m cap hit next year

Reactions: Strafer and Lo97

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Maybe if you added 3 of those prospects, say Zboril + Frederic + a roster guy like Kuhlman. If it really came down to it and we absolutely had to move Backes I would include instead a top prospect like Urho provided we get say a 2nd round pick back.

I would 100% give up our late first round pick before I gave up Vaak. I just don’t see backes getting moved until maybe next years deadline. Bruins management won’t want to pay up and teams will be asking for too high of a return to take on backes

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
why would the rangers do this? Taking backes alone would be a first round pick. Cehlarik isn’t worth anything as he was put on waivers and went unclaimed by every team and bjork is an often injured prospect.

if rangers made Kreider available numerous teams would offer better packages without the rangers having to take on a $6m cap hit next year
I don't know, why did the Bruins trade Thornton for spare parts?

I wish I knew.

Last edited:

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Backes at 50% retained is not a bad buy for a team that falls out of the playoff race. The acquiring team could buy him out (or bury him) after the season for a very modest actual $ or cap hit - not comparable to the $6.25M hit for Marleau.

I read a good deal about LTIR cap implications and ended up much more confused than when I started; but it seems like one way or another the Bs will be able to arrange to rent a decent winger if that is what's needed.

Add: Backes at 50% retained is only $2M against the cap next season, bought out or buried (I believe). If the Kings can't pull it together they would seem to be a natural trading partner.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I don't know, why did the Bruins trade Thornton for spare parts?

I wish I knew.

Trading away Thornton and finding a suitor to take on a David Backes contract are two completely different things and have absolutely no correlation.

Reactions: Lo97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad