Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Like the look of that lineup.
Does it fit under the cap?

Edit: Not Robins though. Ever.

No clue. Losing Bart & Gagne would free up $2m. With Boychuk cap space + Savard & Chara LTIR maybe it'd be tight?

I'd prefer Knight or Camara in that 4RW spot. Maybe Griffith.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I still don't understand people complaining about Loui's production only to then propose shipping him off for a player producing even less.

Glencross would be a great add to this team

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
I still don't understand people complaining about Loui's production only to then propose shipping him off for a player producing even less.

Glencross would be a great add to this team

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You need depth come playoffs and if the Bruins are going to make a push next year they are going to need a player like Eriksson. Not to mention him and Soderberg are a perfect pairing. You would be a fool not to utilize that.

iGetCarried*

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You need depth come playoffs and if the Bruins are going to make a push next year they are going to need a player like Eriksson.

next year? Can we worry about this year first?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
PHI 2nd + Bart for Glencross

3rd + Warsofsky for Stafford

Lucic Krejci Stafford
Marchand Bergeron Smith
Glencross Söderberg Ericksson
Paille Kelly Robbins

What have you done with Campbell?

I don't see Stafford clicking with Krejci but he's cheap.
I see Stafford as more bottom 6 than top 6 we just think he's good because he burns us every time we play Buffalo.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Sorry if this has been posted, but Yahoo has from CSNNEthat rumours are Kelly and Subban for Eberle. I couldn't believe that was apublished rumour.

Edmonton would be foolish to take this.
I would take it though.
Kelly isn't waiving that no trade to go to Edmonton. I can't imagine anyone agreeing to go to Edmonton if they could say no.

Zdeno33Lucic*

Get oshie or eberle on this team!

Do NOT trade eriksson or lucic or soda.

I trade Smith way before i trade Eriksson.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Oshie has 3 points this year, along with a 3 point gane vs EDMONTON. He sure will help our offense.... especially if we are offering something like Eriksson +, sheesh.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
What have you done with Campbell?

I don't see Stafford clicking with Krejci but he's cheap.
I see Stafford as more bottom 6 than top 6 we just think he's good because he burns us every time we play Buffalo.

Campbell & his 1.6m were shipped to Siberia in that instance.

Stafford maybe isn't the answer, but like u said, he's most likely cheap(er), & he doesn't & hasn't ever played with a center the caliber of Krejci.

Twice a 20 goal scorer, once a 30 goal scorer. 29yrs old. I'd try him here

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I know little about the game of hockey ,proven by my numerous posts:), and even less about "timing" of a deal but wondering if anyone who might would offer their opinion to my thought below and lemme know if I`m completely off base, yet again.

Would a move in the next day or two be considered a "good timing" move? Yes, team is struggling for wins but I was thinking a bit more along the lines of any new player would then have time to pack their bags, join the team in Boston and have some days to get a bit caught up to speed with the system?

Not a secret Chia was out and about recently, been widely reported, have to think he`s up to something?

oreillyisgod

Unregistered User
Jun 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I know little about the game of hockey ,proven by my numerous posts:), and even less about "timing" of a deal but wondering if anyone who might would offer their opinion to my thought below and lemme know if I`m completely off base, yet again.

Would a move in the next day or two be considered a "good timing" move? Yes, team is struggling for wins but I was thinking a bit more along the lines of any new player would then have time to pack their bags, join the team in Boston and have some days to get a bit caught up to speed with the system?

Not a secret Chia was out and about recently, been widely reported, have to think he`s up to something?

FWIW, I have seen some stuff from a couple of knowledgable people on Twitter suggesting that nothing will hppen until next week, when the new salary cap is announced and Chara possibly comes off LTIR.

Last edited:

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
FWIW, I have seen some stuff from a couple of knowledgable people on Twitter suggesting that nothing will hppen until next week, when the new salary cap is announced and Chara possibly comes off LTIR.

And who are these knowledgeable people? Why would you leave their names out?

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm

Chiarelli is evaluating. 2 weeks pass, evaluation is done, we're 5 points out of a playoff spot. "Well we had some pans in the oven but someone came by and shut off the oven." :naughty:

Why do we need Chris Stewart? We already have one big, lazy winger.

Krejci's injury situation has presented opportunities for the other forwards to get more ice time and pick up the slack in his absence. I suppose the thing that bothers me the most is that not a single one of our veteran players-ledaers has stepped up his game to compensate. As much as we say "oh they have injuries they can't score right now" it is also true that someone could rise to the occasion, Lucic, Bergeron, Eriksson, Soderberg all Top 6 forwards (or certainly paid like it except Soderberg) and none of them have produced enough. The only forward that has seized an opportunity has been Griffith and he finds himself on the bench. Great message to send!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

And that's about how it goes. Too many ?? marks at this point

1) how much money do we have?
2) Are we seeking a player with term or an impending UFA?
3) If it's a player with term, how does that affect our tag space to extend Hamilton/Soderberg during the season?
4) If we acquire player X for less than expected, how does he fit into the cap and can we get Chara back under when he's activated or will we have to move someone else out?
5) Which of the kids are we going to keep with the big club? How will they affect the cap?
6) Do we LTIR Warsofsky - send him down for a conditioning stint when he's ready - and then have to call him back up under the collective bargaining agreement?
7) Will we have to LTIR McQuaid ASAP to make it work or can we do it later and use it at trade deadline?

I could go on and on about things that need to be considered. I get it, as a fan base we are desperate for something to happen yesterday. In a non cap world, it probably would have been done by now. But there are just too many variables.

We forget sometimes - that is if you believe me - that the Oilers and Bruins have been talking since the end of last season. Eberle's name was first mentioned here on these boards. The time to make that deal was with Boychuk on the table. Edmonton didn't bite on Boychuk. Now, they are desperate to make a move. I can assure you MacT is blowing smoke to try and drive up the price.

I don't know what the deal is with St Louis. I guess I could find out by making a phone call to a friend who is high enough there that would know. But without that knowledge, I'll go out on a limb and say that Edmonton or Winnipeg are the trade partners right now. But that could all go by the wayside in a week when things are clearer.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
And that's about how it goes. Too many ?? marks at this point

1) how much money do we have?
2) Are we seeking a player with term or an impending UFA?
3) If it's a player with term, how does that affect our tag space to extend Hamilton/Soderberg during the season?
4) If we acquire player X for less than expected, how does he fit into the cap and can we get Chara back under when he's activated or will we have to move someone else out?
5) Which of the kids are we going to keep with the big club? How will they affect the cap?
6) Do we LTIR Warsofsky - send him down for a conditioning stint when he's ready - and then have to call him back up under the collective bargaining agreement?
7) Will we have to LTIR McQuaid ASAP to make it work or can we do it later and use it at trade deadline?

I could go on and on about things that need to be considered. I get it, as a fan base we are desperate for something to happen yesterday. In a non cap world, it probably would have been done by now. But there are just too many variables.

We forget sometimes - that is if you believe me - that the Oilers and Bruins have been talking since the end of last season. Eberle's name was first mentioned here on these boards. The time to make that deal was with Boychuk on the table. Edmonton didn't bite on Boychuk. Now, they are desperate to make a move. I can assure you MacT is blowing smoke to try and drive up the price.

I don't know what the deal is with St Louis. I guess I could find out by making a phone call to a friend who is high enough there that would know. But without that knowledge, I'll go out on a limb and say that Edmonton or Winnipeg are the trade partners right now. But that could all go by the wayside in a week when things are clearer.

All of that makes me very glad I'm not an NHL GM. Hard enough to find the right trade for the right value, then add in all those wildcards? Ugh......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad