Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Think it's an Eberle issue or a larger, systemic problem?

Eberle isn't the problem, but he isn't the answer either. He's a complimentary piece. I'd guess here in Clodes system he'd put up numbers compatible with Marchand.

Once Pronger (his wife actually) decided to bail on the city of Edmonton, UFA's stay away from the Oilers. It's why the organization is forced to throw big money at mediocre talent like Pouliot.

That & Lowe is an arrogant dbag who doesn't know squat about building a successful hockey team.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
here's what I think we might see:
3rd round pick for Chris Stewart (maybe some salary retained)
Loui+Spooner for Oshie

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
Marchy-Bergy-Oshie
Smith-Yeti-Pasta
Paille-Campbell-Kelly

Chara-Dougie
Seids-Krug
Bart-McQuaid
Miller
Morrow

I definitely think they get Stewart just because he's so cheap. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work out and they scratch him. As long as they can fit him under the cap there's not much to lose. I do think he'd thrive on Krejci's wing, though. Not saying he'll be Horton 2.0, but I think he has a lot of the tools to be that kind of fit. Just a question of motivation IMO.

Now I believe Chia is smart enough to know that Stewart alone does not solve this team's problems. I think Stewart will add depth, but their real target will be top 6 winger. Oshie makes sense to me because of the price, age and his game. I think he's a Bruin type player. Not big, but plays "heavy" with what he's got. Now my only concern is that he's probably a lateral move from Loui in terms of offense. I think Oshie's a better fit, but if they are that concerned about scoring they might push hard for someone like Eberle instead.

But yeah I think we see two moves and I think Stewart will definitely be one of them. And I think Loui is out when it's all said and done.

I feel this is a scenario that could very well occur and I also think it may be the way to go considering the cap issues and all.
I feel that they might go as far as picking up another player for the 4th line that will give that extra energy and size that Thornton provided us with.
Yes, Gagne will be replaced if the above dos transform.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If anyone has been affected by the loss of Krejci, it's Lucic.

It's been a revolving door of different linemates at the center and RW position all season for this guy. There's very little opportunity for him to develop chemistry. Spooner, Fraser, Kelly, Soderberg, Loui, Griffith, Smith have all been on and off that line at some point. Every few games it seems there's a new line thrown together with him on it.

They did give him too much money too soon in his career and he probably does depend on Krejci too much to produce. But if they're looking to get him to consistently produce I don't think they've done any favors with the way they've been all over the place with that line. I don't like his production for his salary but to me it is what it is right now with the way this roster's been going.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I could see getting rid of him now and get a huge return than either let him walk at the end of his contract and get nothing, or sign him to the 50 million plus contract he is going to get. Look at Backes and Brown... People cut from the same cloth don't age well when they near 30.

Look, I love Lucic, but lets not act like losing him would set the franchise back a decade like some think it would. Let it also be known that I'd rather hold onto him if we can shape up into a contender this season, but you would never start a re-build around him.

Funny you mention Backes & Brown. Notice they both still play with their original teams (whom are both considered Cup contenders). ;)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kelly would not waive his NTC to go to Edmonton...just a hunch :laugh:

Although I will say this- I would sprint out to Edmonton to pick Jordan Eberle up and give him a piggyback ride back to Boston if that deal was made.

BudMovin*

Funny you mention Backes & Brown. Notice they both still play with their original teams (whom are both considered Cup contenders). ;)

They are cup contenders because they are defensive juggernauts with awesome forward depth. They also are not going to make any changes that shake up the core/locker room when everything is going so well.

I do like your post though...You had me pretty perplexed for a little bit on how to respond, without me looking like a total idiot....If those teams fell off a cliff like we have, you would have to think that they would deal those two in a heartbeat.

I dunno, I just wouldn't be as crushed as some would to see Lucic go. Obviously if we catch lightening in a bottle between now and the trade deadline, I would be pissed we traded a core member. Don't see that happening though....I hope the Bruins prove me wrong.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Based on the teams Dom mentioned earlier today and also including the Blues, here are a few forwards that I think the Bruins may be targeting (some of these players are obviously more realistic options than others):

Jets
  • Evander Kane ($5.25 million through 2017-18)
  • Dustin Byfuglien ($5.2 million through 2015-16)
  • Anthony Peluso ($562,500 - RFA at end of this season)
Blues
  • T.J. Oshie ($4.175 million through 2016-17)
  • Ryan Reaves ($1.125 million through 2017-18)
Oilers
  • Jordan Eberle ($6.0 million through 2018-19)
Sabres
  • Chris Stewart ($4.15 million - UFA at end of this season)
  • Drew Stafford ($4.0 million - UFA at end of this season)
Flames
  • Brian McGratton ($750,000 - UFA at end of this season)
I had a hard time finding a forward on the Flames that would both help the Bruins this year and that might actually be available. I don't know if McGratton would even be worth a pick. Would he be a significant upgrade for the 4th line at this point in his career?

Can we eliminate any of the above players right off the bat?

Also, do we know for sure whether Loui Eriksson's NTC was voided or not after he was traded to the Bruins?

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Eberle isn't the problem, but he isn't the answer either. He's a complimentary piece. I'd guess here in Clodes system he'd put up numbers compatible with Marchand.

Once Pronger (his wife actually) decided to bail on the city of Edmonton, UFA's stay away from the Oilers. It's why the organization is forced to throw big money at mediocre talent like Pouliot.

That & Lowe is an arrogant dbag who doesn't know squat about building a successful hockey team.

Yes well Edmonton isn't a fantastic place to live comparatively speaking. Great hockey town but a much colder dreary-er Pittsburgh probably isn't high on wish lists

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Based on the teams Dom mentioned earlier today and also including the Blues, here are a few forwards that I think the Bruins may be targeting (some of these players are obviously more realistic options than others):

Jets
Blues
Oilers
Sabres
Flames
I had a hard time finding a forward on the Flames that would both help the Bruins this year and that might actually be available. I don't know if McGratton would even be worth a pick. Would he be a significant upgrade for the 4th line at this point in his career?

Also, do we know for sure whether Loui Eriksson's NTC was voided or not after he was traded to the Bruins?

I would add Perron in Edmonton, & Glencross from Calgary to your list

Arthur*

Jets
Blues
Oilers
Sabres
Flames

Stafford scores a hat trick every time we play Buffalo, if he became a Bruin, logically speaking, he should win the Rocket Richard trophy.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
Flames

David Jones 4,000,000 15/16
Devin Setoguchi 750,000 UFA

Both look like potential targets to me. Compared to Stewart these guys are gold.

iGetCarried*

Flames

David Jones 4,000,000 15/16
Devin Setoguchi 750,000 UFA

Both look like potential targets to me. Compared to Stewart these guys are gold.

i'd rather have Stewart over both of them.

Also, could have had Setoguchi. They waived him earlier.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Taking into consideration PC's recent comments about looking to get heavier, I'm assuming they would want to get a RW for the Krejci line who can battle for pucks and play a bit rugged - and also have a scoring touch.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
PHI 2nd + Bart for Glencross

3rd + Warsofsky for Stafford

Lucic Krejci Stafford
Marchand Bergeron Smith
Glencross Söderberg Ericksson
Paille Kelly Robbins

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
PHI 2nd + Bart for Glencross

3rd + Warsofsky for Stafford

Lucic Krejci Stafford
Marchand Bergeron Smith
Glencross Söderberg Ericksson
Paille Kelly Robbins

Like the look of that lineup.
Does it fit under the cap?

Edit: Not Robins though. Ever.

bruinsfan001

Apr 2, 2010
If anyone has been affected by the loss of Krejci, it's Lucic.

It's been a revolving door of different linemates at the center and RW position all season for this guy. There's very little opportunity for him to develop chemistry. Spooner, Fraser, Kelly, Soderberg, Loui, Griffith, Smith have all been on and off that line at some point. Every few games it seems there's a new line thrown together with him on it.

They did give him too much money too soon in his career and he probably does depend on Krejci too much to produce. But if they're looking to get him to consistently produce I don't think they've done any favors with the way they've been all over the place with that line. I don't like his production for his salary but to me it is what it is right now with the way this roster's been going.

Really? He's in his prime years right now, shouldn't matter who he is playing with to perform well. By now he should know how to help create offense on his own. He should know how to score goals on his own, unacceptable in my mind. Also the coaching staffs fault for not putting him in his place when he needs to hear it. I'm not saying he needs to go out there and try and fight someone every game either, but **** play like a leader and lead by example. Show your team mates what it takes to win a game. Thats how Mark Recchi used to play, along with many other long departed Bruins greats.

Last edited:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
here's what I think we might see:
3rd round pick for Chris Stewart (maybe some salary retained)
Loui+Spooner for Oshie

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
Marchy-Bergy-Oshie
Smith-Yeti-Pasta
Paille-Campbell-Kelly

Chara-Dougie
Seids-Krug
Bart-McQuaid
Miller
Morrow

I definitely think they get Stewart just because he's so cheap. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work out and they scratch him. As long as they can fit him under the cap there's not much to lose. I do think he'd thrive on Krejci's wing, though. Not saying he'll be Horton 2.0, but I think he has a lot of the tools to be that kind of fit. Just a question of motivation IMO.

Now I believe Chia is smart enough to know that Stewart alone does not solve this team's problems. I think Stewart will add depth, but their real target will be top 6 winger. Oshie makes sense to me because of the price, age and his game. I think he's a Bruin type player. Not big, but plays "heavy" with what he's got. Now my only concern is that he's probably a lateral move from Loui in terms of offense. I think Oshie's a better fit, but if they are that concerned about scoring they might push hard for someone like Eberle instead.

But yeah I think we see two moves and I think Stewart will definitely be one of them. And I think Loui is out when it's all said and done.

I love it. Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad