Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
And that's about how it goes. Too many ?? marks at this point

1) how much money do we have?
2) Are we seeking a player with term or an impending UFA?
3) If it's a player with term, how does that affect our tag space to extend Hamilton/Soderberg during the season?
4) If we acquire player X for less than expected, how does he fit into the cap and can we get Chara back under when he's activated or will we have to move someone else out?
5) Which of the kids are we going to keep with the big club? How will they affect the cap?
6) Do we LTIR Warsofsky - send him down for a conditioning stint when he's ready - and then have to call him back up under the collective bargaining agreement?
7) Will we have to LTIR McQuaid ASAP to make it work or can we do it later and use it at trade deadline?

I could go on and on about things that need to be considered. I get it, as a fan base we are desperate for something to happen yesterday. In a non cap world, it probably would have been done by now. But there are just too many variables.

We forget sometimes - that is if you believe me - that the Oilers and Bruins have been talking since the end of last season. Eberle's name was first mentioned here on these boards. The time to make that deal was with Boychuk on the table. Edmonton didn't bite on Boychuk. Now, they are desperate to make a move. I can assure you MacT is blowing smoke to try and drive up the price.

I don't know what the deal is with St Louis. I guess I could find out by making a phone call to a friend who is high enough there that would know. But without that knowledge, I'll go out on a limb and say that Edmonton or Winnipeg are the trade partners right now. But that could all go by the wayside in a week when things are clearer.

This is what I was talking about when people keep saying that Loui gets traded. It's all these reasons that I say no, probably not. Too much cap uncertainty, keep your best contracts.

pfw19

Oct 1, 2009
Wisconsin
My opinion on these deals shifts from night to night. In a vacuum, I would rather have a guy like Oshie or Eberle on the team than Marchand or Eriksson. I'd rather have Hall than Lucic...etc. my issue is that the coach is going to have to be willing to let these guys play their game. We had a kid who was labeled as "soft" and as a "floater," now he almost leads the league in scoring. I guess what I am trying to say is that I agree with almost all of the posts that we need change, and agree with MOST everyone's talent assessments. My issue is that if the coach isn't willing to realize that goals are hard to come by these days, and winning 2-1 isn't as easy as it used to be, then we are going to have to get used to getting "heavy" players like Chris Stewart in trade. I just want Claude to adapt his style, since we have him for 3 more years. If he doesn't a kid like Eberle is a waste on this team, which is a shame.

Long post, frustrated, just my 2 cents. The guys we want (and I love Eberle's potential), won't work in this system unless it changes.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
At the end of the day trades are hard to make in this league. Teams want to trade thier crap for good players and that's just not gonna happen.

I'm afraid that at the end of the day we are gonna end up with one or maybe two of Stewart,Stafford,Foligno or some other pending UFA.

batesy

Dec 5, 2014
Nova Scotia
I really can't see the Bruins being able to do a whole lot until the off season .. I could see Vancouver potentially wanting Lou Ericson to play with the twins but other then that there's no market for our forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad