All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXVI: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Trotman is a better skater and is better with the puck.

Miller is nastier and stronger (although not bigger), but would get destroyed by the forecheck of top opposition.

Oh, I was under the impression that Miller was a better skater and Trotman was slow. But I don't remember much about Trotman and I've never seen Miller play.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Oh, I was under the impression that Miller was a better skater and Trotman was slow. But I don't remember much about Trotman and I've never seen Miller play.

Trotman is a pretty powerful skater for his size. I think he can handle a top 4 role, I really do.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Trotman is a pretty powerful skater for his size. I think he can handle a top 4 role, I really do.

I saw someone post some "advanced" stats that showed how Chara faired with different partners last year, and according to this, he played his best hockey (by far) with Trotman.

Normally I don't put much stock in advanced stats, but this one suits my purpose so I'm passing it on. :sarcasm:

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Cool. I'm hopeful Trotman can be a second pairing guy now.

Like everyone else, I'm really hoping we can land a top pairing guy but I'm not sure it's in the cards.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Trotman is a better skater and is better with the puck.

Miller is nastier and stronger (although not bigger), but would get destroyed by the forecheck of top opposition.

I think we are confusing our Millers here.

Kevan Miller is stronger and nastier than Trotman, but a weaker skater

Colin Miller is smaller, but an exceptional skater

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I think we are confusing our Millers here.

Kevan Miller is stronger and nastier than Trotman, but a weaker skater

Colin Miller is smaller, but an exceptional skater

Ah, you're probably right. I was talking about the new Miller, not Kevan. I forget about Kevan Miller all the time, probably because I envision him on the bench.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You have got a seeeeeeerious love affair with Boedker :laugh: Thats all youve said for 2 weeks.

From deadline :laugh: He is available and I want us to get him, every forward line could shutdown opponents with ton of speed, how do you match against those? I'd love to se that F group going. I want speeeeed and he is the best one available.

Ah, you're probably right. I was talking about the new Miller, not Kevan. I forget about Kevan Miller all the time, probably because I envision him on the bench.

C.Miller is an elite skater with one helluva shot.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I saw someone post some "advanced" stats that showed how Chara faired with different partners last year, and according to this, he played his best hockey (by far) with Trotman.

Normally I don't put much stock in advanced stats, but this one suits my purpose so I'm passing it on. :sarcasm:

how many games did trotman pair with Z?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
how many games did trotman pair with Z?

not sure if you read Mick Colageo's breakdown on the defense and his evaluation on Trotman.

I have a lot of respect for his hockey knowledge and views on defenseman. His track record is very good (I pay attention to him because I like to use what he says:laugh:) and he is very high on Trotman, and high on Trotman with Chara.

that is good enough for me if Don Sweeney and Doug Houda feel that way.

real excited on Trotman and if he is the real deal it allows Boston to spend money elsewhere and not drop 4 or more on Franson (like Cody but rather see ZT make it)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I hope he has some hockey sense too because Matt Hunwick was considered an elite skater at one point.

I don't know much about him but LA fans were high on him and didn't like that he got traded.

52 points in the AHL as a D-player is not too bad, I hope he is ready and wins a roster spot, could be an entertainign player to watch,
his shot was something around 105mph.

Seids-C.Miller
Kru-McQ
could work well.

Edit: 105.5, ahl record, there's our Chara replacement on the pp. Also fastest skater in ahl.

Last edited:

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
To be fair...he also shot 17%, when his career average without that season is 10-11%. He has never scored 20 goals but has played 1st line minutes in AZ. I love his playing style, but I'm not sure this team needs more middle six wingers with so many young wingers in the system. If they can get a true 1st line winger, awesome, but, and I know you agree, the #1 focus should be on the blue line.

edit: and I say this as someone who threw out a Boedker and Vermette for Lucic deal before the season. I like Boedker. Just don't see him as a need unless Connolly/Hayes are what we are sending out to get him. And I'd probably rather pay those two guys 2.5 combined and cross my fingers than give Boedker 4-4.5.

I would defenetly ship Hayes + for Boedker

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Boedker is the guy off the Yotes who's always hurt right? Is it him or Hanzal I always get them mixed up.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hey guys are placing Jimmy Hayes on our top line so why not :D

We don't have any 1st line wingers and all that matters now if nothing changes is the chemistry.

Boedker is the guy off the Yotes who's always hurt right? Is it him or Hanzal I always get them mixed up.

82 games, 48 games on lockout year, 82 games and 45games for last 4 years.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You know this team is ****ed when people are penciling a guy who has never played an NHL game into our top pairing and top 4

I like this breakdown by Colageo on what the D should look like (pending more moves). http://blogs.southcoasttoday.com/br...ke-it-official-add-jeremy-smith-back-to-nets/

Chara Trotman
Seidenberg C.Miller/Morrow
Krug McQuaid
K.Miller

You hope that two out of Krug, Trotman, C.Miller and Morrow can play real top 4 minutes. If two do, well, thats awesome. Now the Bruins have 5 million in cap room looking for upgrades instead of filling holes. High fives!

If only one does, which is probably more likely, you go grab another top 4D at the deadline...but you know what D you need if you wait. You probably pay more at the deadline than you do now, but you make a smarter move.

If none of them do, or if Chara/Seidenberg don't recover, well...getting a top 4 D now ain't going to help anyway.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I've been fooled enough times by guys like Kampfer, Hunwick, Miller, and Bartkowski. Trotman is another flash in the pan until he shows otherwise. I do like him though.

In an ideal world, you have one bottom pairing D spot open for rookies IMO. Penciling in two into the top four? That is going to be a disaster. Especially when one or two of the vets goes down with injury.

Even though he's coming off a tough injury, I would still sign Ehroff. It sounds like he will target another short term deal. Would do Franson at the right price as well. Though he's going to want term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad