All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXVI: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
MSL on the cheap to play with bergy and marchand ala recchi 2.0? and then if we suck flip him at the deadline

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Byfuglien is in play, if im Sweeney im kicking down Winnipeg's door and asking them to retain salary and sticking him on our blue line.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
DJ Bean ‏@DJ_Bean 49 s50 sekuntia sitten

Did hear this: Bruins have at least shown some interest, however small, in Matt Beleskey. Told they're "somewhat" interested.

Our saviour :sarcasm: :shakehead :handclap: :help:

Stewart>Beleskey. In reality, neither.

Pronger was just dealt. B's should look to do the same with Savard's cap.
I'd do a lot to have Byfuglien on this soft team.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Stewart>Beleskey. In reality, neither.

Pronger was just dealt. B's should look to do the same with Savard's cap.
I'd do a lot to have Byfuglien on this soft team.

Get rid of kelly+seids and bring in buff or seabrook.= 6M gone, 6M in, 7M available still after re-signings, next year Lucic's cap hit is gone+ cap goes up, another 7M? to spend.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Defense can't be fixed, this year anyway. Forwards can

Jones
2016 1st
Morrow
Smith

For

Okposo

With eriksson and kelly off the books, they can resign okposo which nyi seem to not want to do. We liked the lucic return. So we give them something similar (better in fact), so the value is there. The forwards are fixed this way, next year anyway. Morrow is expendable. Smith is expendable, jones is kind of expendable (they need a future goalie), the 1st is a prize. We might be bad next year. But the cupboard is stocked now. Would a top 10 pick be good, yeah. But we now have plenty of young non ready talent.

Eriksson-krejci-okposo
Marchand-Bergeron-pastrnak
Kelly-spooner-Connolly
Talbot-khoklachev-ferlin

D still a mess

Chara-miller (interesting bold pair)
Seidenberg-mcquaid (shut down)
Krug-miller
Trotman
Just for fun though

Chara-chudinov
Seidenberg-miller
Krug-mcquaid

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Jones
2016 1st
Morrow
Smith

For

Okposo

With eriksson and kelly off the books, they can resign okposo which nyi seem to not want to do. We liked the lucic return. So we give them something similar (better in fact), so the value is there. The forwards are fixed this way, next year anyway. Morrow is expendable. Smith is expendable, jones is kind of expendable (they need a future goalie), the 1st is a prize. We might be bad next year. But the cupboard is stocked now. Would a top 10 pick be good, yeah. But we now have plenty of young non ready talent.

Eriksson-krejci-okposo
Kelly-spooner-Connolly
Talbot-khoklachev-ferlin

D still a mess

Krug-miller
Trotman
Just for fun though

Chara-chudinov
Seidenberg-miller
Krug-mcquaid

You can add Okposo but Kelly still occupying a spot in the Top 9 doesnt' fix this year's forward group by any imagination.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
You can add Okposo but Kelly still occupying a spot in the Top 9 doesnt' fix this year's forward group by any imagination.

Well by fix I guess I meant it gets us back to Where we were. Probably better considering how I value okposo vs lucic and the optimistic improvements in young players such as pastrnak, Connolly, ferlin, spooner. Elite? No. Formidable..well no. But it at least shows some vision by Sweeney. 3 first round picks this year 3 2nds and an improved forward group from last year. That would be something to cheer about. They threw a bunch against the wall as far as D go, if 2 can stick, the corps could be at least serviceable down the road

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well by fix I guess I meant it gets us back to Where we were. Probably better considering how I value okposo vs lucic and the optimistic improvements in young players such as pastrnak, Connolly, ferlin, spooner. Elite? No. Formidable..well no. But it at least shows some vision by Sweeney. 3 first round picks this year 3 2nds and an improved forward group from last year. That would be something to cheer about. They threw a bunch against the wall as far as D go, if 2 can stick, the corps could be at least serviceable down the road

It would definitely be better than the forward group that slogged through the first 45 games of last season.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
$12,058,333 right now in cap space with Savard LTIR

Seidenberg + Smith for Byfuglien (save $2,250,000)
Rask for Pavelski (save $1,000,000)
trade Kelly

Eriksson - Krejci - Pavelski
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak/Connolly ($1,500,000)
X - Spooner ($1,500,000) - Pastrnak/Connolly ($1,500,000)
Talbot - Kemppainen - Ferlin/Randell ($800,000)

Chara - Byfuglien
X/Krug/Morrow - C. Miller
X/Krug/Morrow - McQuaid
Trotman - K. Miller

Jones ($2 million)
X

Cap space = $10,522,000 to fill the Xs if not from within

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

trade Kelly

Chara - Byfuglien
X/Krug/Morrow - McQuaid
Trotman - K. Miller

Jones ($2 million)
X

Interesting. Hmm, I don't think the Jets want Seidenberg, but Smith would have value there. Smith +. And the plus would be extremely fascinating. I would definitely do Rask straight up for Pavelski. Wonder if the Sharks would? All and all....I like it. For what we have anyway. #IMissDougie

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

trade Kelly

Chara - Byfuglien
X/Krug/Morrow - McQuaid
Trotman - K. Miller

Jones ($2 million)
X

I won't sell anyone from that C group or Rask, those are the only things we have going on.

Bergeron
Krecji
Rask
Pasta

are the only untouchables, everything else, every pick, prospect after that is available to fix that lineup

My top3 guys after throwing kelly and seids away= 7M.

Skinner-Krecji-Okposo
-------Bergeron----------

then get one of Buff/Seabrook/Burns.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008

Jones
2016 1st
Morrow
Smith

For

Okposo

Eriksson-krejci-okposo
Kelly-spooner-Connolly
Talbot-khoklachev-ferlin

D still a mess

Krug-miller
Trotman
Just for fun though

Chara-chudinov
Seidenberg-miller
Krug-mcquaid

If you're making a big deal like that, it should be for a defenseman. We really need a good minutes-eating that's at least a 2. The upgrade from R. Smith to Okposo isn't worth a good backup goalie(that cost us the playoffs this year as much as anything), a first and Morrow.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If you're making a big deal like that, it should be for a defenseman. We really need a good minutes-eating that's at least a 2. The upgrade from R. Smith to Okposo isn't worth a good backup goalie(that cost us the playoffs this year as much as anything), a first and Morrow.

San Jose needs a goalie,

Jones+ 2016 1st+ for Burns?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
If San Jose offers Burns straight up for Rask, do you take it? I'll answer it. Hell yes.

Rask don't grow on trees. We get rid of our number 1... Then what? They struggle even with a solid forward and d core.

Not saying players like Burns are easy to find either. But top tenders aren't easy to acquire

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If San Jose offers Burns straight up for Rask, do you take it? I'll answer it. Hell yes.

No I wouldn't, like I earlier said Bergeron-Krecji-Rask trio is the only thing we have going for us.

You break that and this team is done, finished, we'd be stuck with Jones+Subban and all those big guys are easily past 30y and chara+seids gone when that duo could make an impact.

That D group with Burns is not the greatest, still average with Jones as a goalie.
Right now this D group is one of the worst in the league, 1 player won't fix all of those issues.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The way this team is going our 2016 1st round pick should be untouchable, if they trade Rask we will be in the Matthews sweepstakes. Then with a lot of cap space next year sign Seabrooke and Stamkos, draft Matthews and could a contender again soon.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Jones
2016 1st
Morrow
Smith

For

Okposo

Saw your offer on the main board.

Nah thanks. Snow is now telling the press he will not trade KO.

That could mean one of three things.
1. Progress is being made on an extension.

2.There is backlash or more backlash then expected from JT ( who imo is not signing an extension if he doubts the isles commitment to winning).

3.Isles were not offered enough to make it worth the team's while to move KO.
Isles got the 16th overall+ 33rd overall for the struggling Reinhart in the AHL.

NYI have a quality #1 goalie in Halak, signed for 3 more years.
Their glut at forward has them trying to dump Grabner.
With Hamonic/Boychuk/Leddy/CDH/Strait/Hickey/Pulock/Mayfield I do not see them in the mix for Morrow.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Team should have traded Lucic or Hamilton along with Subban and Smith to SJ for Burns and Hertl

I am interested in Seabrook and Big Buff but what do the Bruins really have to offer the Jets or Hawks? They gave up 2 big pieces for meh on Friday.

Would LOVE to see Kelly and Smith gone

Hopefully they move Chara to a contender he doesn't deserve this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad