All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXVI: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
This is more than likely where the "shipping out Rask" rumors are coming from.
Unless we are packaging Jones in another deal. We have a goalie overload. McIntyre, Subban, Smith, Jones, Tuukka. Something's got to give.

How good a goalie is Jones ? Could he actually challenge Rask for the no.1 ?

Count Popula

Nov 30, 2008
Not that they can really afford any, but what would a free agent even want to come to Boston after today's debacle?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
How good a goalie is Jones ? Could he actually challenge Rask for the no.1 ?

His career numbers are-

16-11-2 with a 1.99 GAA and .923% SV

He's a very good backup and could be a serviceable starter for some NHL teams in his career but he is not an elite top 5 goalie like Tuukka

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I think you are right . First Iginla and Boychuck subtracted with no proven additions ,then Lucic and Hamilton ?? We will be lucky to make the playoffs (and probably won't ) with this roster .

It's crazy how much talent we've lost and our cap situation has barely improved! It's like a bad case of termites eating away at the cap space! :laugh:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Probably talking entirely out of my ass here, but I wonder what the asking price on Byfuglien is. Need a guy to play with Chara.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Anaheim look to be going after Kessel/Phaneuf, thry are dumping salary, now is the time to ask about Silfverberg.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Probably talking entirely out of my ass here, but I wonder what the asking price on Byfuglien is. Need a guy to play with Chara.

Apparently Winnipeg is debating on trading him but seem to want to let him play out this year (what we should have done to Lucic)

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
It's crazy how much talent we've lost and our cap situation has barely improved! It's like a bad case of termites eating away at the cap space! :laugh:

Kelly 3m
McQuaid 2.75m
Smith 3.45m

Would this Bruins team be that much worse with the above 3 players gone? 9.25m. Ouch

Seguin
Hamilton
Boychuk
Iginla
Lucic

All gone for cap space.. where is this cap space?

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Kelly 3m
McQuaid 2.75m
Smith 3.45m

Would this Bruins team be that much worse with the above 3 players gone? 9.25m. Ouch

Seguin
Hamilton
Boychuk
Iginla
Lucic

All gone for cap space.. where is this cap space?

Guys keep deserving more money.

Is Belesky a target?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So with no more moves, I would think this is the Bruins roster:

https://www.hockeyscap.com/armchair-gm/team/7619

4.5 million(ish) in free cap post Savard LTIR

Dump Kelly and move for Sharp? Not sure if I am a fan of going for Sharp in-particular, but the point is that if they move Kelly there is enough money to add a real player that can score.

https://www.hockeyscap.com/armchair-gm/team/7629

Kelly will stay and be will be maxed once again, I watched a lot of Hawks games, every playoff game and Sharp is not that great anymore, maybe 40 point guy if we get lucky.

But no matter how badly they'll ... this offseason we should have atleast 10M cap space next offseason thanks to kelly+lucic+cap going up.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
DJ Bean ‏@DJ_Bean 49 s50 sekuntia sitten

Did hear this: Bruins have at least shown some interest, however small, in Matt Beleskey. Told they're "somewhat" interested.

Our saviour :sarcasm: :shakehead :handclap: :help:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Kelly will stay and be will be maxed once again, I watched a lot of Hawks games, every playoff game and Sharp is not that great anymore, maybe 40 point guy if we get lucky.

But no matter how badly they'll ... this offseason we should have atleast 10M cap space next offseason thanks to kelly+lucic+cap going up.

Yeah, I'm not a huge Sharp guy either, BUT, was playing with lesser line mates last year and still produced on the power play with good line mates. That 6 or whatever regular season even strength goal number is scary, though. If you can get him for little as a pure dump, you have to at least consider it, but I'd rather be kicking tires elsewhere. Bruins have a lot of chips now.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Again, they now need...

A 1st line LW
A 1st line RW
A #1 or 2 Dman (depending on what you think of Chara)
A #3 Dman

The only cap space they have is to somehow finagle their call-ups and demotions to get access to as much of Savard's LTI money as possible.

They don't have any extra picks to deal for players.

So the only way to "fix" what they have is to pull off some shrewd deals. They could move guys like Kelly, Eriksson and Smith for less expensive filler, but even that is only going to free up enough cap to address one of the needs listed above.

Or they could continue to blow things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad