All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXIV: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Anyone think we have to trade Krug right now? Once Grzelcyk comes over, I think it'll be redundant to keep both.

Not to mention we have Rob O'Gara coming up from Yale who seems to be a good player.

Joe Morrow. Once he gets his chance, he'll likely make Krug expendable.

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
I remember a couple years back that Bruins management wanted to go after Mark Giordano I'm not sure if that's still a player worth at least looking at. I know after this year that Flames might look into moving him after they showed that can still win without him.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
The only person on this team I wouldn't trade is Bergy, but everyone else for the right return I would trade. Krug, DK, Lucic, Marchy, and etc. are very good players, but they are not the type of player like Kane, Toews, Nash, Perry, Doughty, Kopitar, and other high skilled players (who I wouldn't trade)

To this point, You're right, but I think that this Bruins team has achieved a lot over the past several years for not having 1-3 top picks by virtue of sucking terribly. Yes, they got Seguin and Hamilton, but PC was relatively lucky for that deal to fall the way it did.

I mean, Chicago had to suck massively from 2004-2008 to get the talent they have. Same goes for LA in roughly that same time period.

The Bruins never really sucked for such a long stretch as those teams did. Biggest issue was when they did, i.e.: Kessel and Hamill, those players ultimately failed to make an extended impact. (Hamill really hurts).

I don't mean this to be an excuse for the Bruins for this past year's performance, but CHI has Toews and Kane on the same team. They had to endure very bad seasons to get them.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Ill piss my pants in laughter 10 years from now if people are whinging that we don't have players like Edmonton cos they're all time and draft well :help:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Joe Morrow. Once he gets his chance, he'll likely make Krug expendable.

Krug "thinks the game" at a much higher level than Morrow from what I have seen, and this is not a new development. He also seems to have a better compete level.

If Morrow develops into what people thought he would be when he was drafted, then he and Krug should be able to coexist anyway.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Krug "thinks the game" at a much higher level than Morrow from what I have seen, and this is not a new development. He also seems to have a better compete level.

If Morrow develops into what people thought he would be when he was drafted, then he and Krug should be able to coexist anyway.
Id give Morrow more of a look at NHL level before making an assumption on him, he looked good when up, he just got sat after his sick dangle that didnt beat Anderson in Anaheim :laugh:

I hope he get s a good look this season

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Id give Morrow more of a look at NHL level before making an assumption on him, he looked good when up, he just got sat after his sick dangle that didnt beat Anderson in Anaheim :laugh:

I hope he get s a good look this season

I'm not sure what you find so amusing about the statement? Krug looked like a smarter player than Morrow (regular season) when he was thrust into the playoffs as a rookie in 12-13.

I hope Morrow succeeds, but I saw a lot of holes defensively in his NHL appearances last year.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I'm not sure what you find so amusing about the statement? Krug looked like a smarter player than Morrow (regular season) when he was thrust into the playoffs as a rookie in 12-13.

I hope Morrow succeeds, but I saw a lot of holes defensively in his NHL appearances last year.

I agree, but would it be fair to say the Bruins D in the cup finals was both better and healthier? He wasn't really brought in on pure talent, he was brought in cos we had no one left, not exactly the best conditions to start your NHL career, and the Bruins were probably playing their worst hockey of the season during that period.

Next time he's up I hope its on merit because I believe a player will play to his full capabilities inder those circumstances vs a player thats thrown in the deep end and relied on cos of injuries.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree, but would it be fair to say the Bruins D in the cup finals was both better and healthier? He wasn't really brought in on pure talent, he was brought in cos we had no one left, not exactly the best conditions to start your NHL career, and the Bruins were probably playing their worst hockey of the season during that period.

Next time he's up I hope its on merit because I believe a player will play to his full capabilities inder those circumstances vs a player thats thrown in the deep end and relied on cos of injuries.

Healthier during the 12-13 Cup run? Not really. That's why Krug and Bartkowski were forced into playing key roles, particularly against the Rangers if memory serves. I believe that Sides and Ference were both hurt and we saw some of Krug, Bart, Redden, and Dougie in their places with Krug doing the lion's share of the replacement work.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
Any player should be available if it improves the team overall.

The Bruins aren't a piece away from contending. They have a lot of issues going forward. Krug or Marchand aren't part of the problem, but they are players with value.

People seem to get confused with dumping players for scraps vs. making trades that improve the team. I know it's probably hard to know what it's like since Chiarelli didn't do that for probably the past 3 seasons.
The same reason some people are excited about Konecny is exactly why we should hold on to players like Marchand and Krug. All have high skill, are highly motivated and are great team players. They are what team needs now more than ever.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Healthier during the 12-13 Cup run? Not really. That's why Krug and Bartkowski were forced into playing key roles, particularly against the Rangers if memory serves. I believe that Sides and Ference were both hurt and we saw some of Krug, Bart, Redden, and Dougie in their places with Krug doing the lion's share of the replacement work.

Krug turned The King into Swiss cheese that series. It was grate ;)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

and be entertaining as all get out

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Medvedev and Gudas played zero games for the Flyers, Manning played in 11.

To be fair I think Nick Schultz had a very nice year for the Flyers. Gudas got mostly 2nd pairing time when with Tampa, did he not? MacDonald, Schenn, and Grossmann don't really fit the Bruins needs at the moment.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
I remember a couple years back that Bruins management wanted to go after Mark Giordano I'm not sure if that's still a player worth at least looking at. I know after this year that Flames might look into moving him after they showed that can still win without him.

Not so sure that the Flames want Russell and Wideman as their top pair going forward. The Flames played well for 20 games after Giordano went down but without him, they aren't in a position to do that. Brad Treliving has already said he intends to resign him. Very much doubt they would trade their best player just because they won a handful of games at the end of the season.

Regardless, the price to acquire would be ridiculous and he's a ufa the Bruins can't afford after this season.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

Joe, I certainly notice and understand your hesitation with Morrow. It's perfectly viable. But I think the sample size in the NHL is far, far too limited to say the book is out on him. He only played 15 games in the big leagues last year. The amount of evidence displaying his improvements and ability has shown so much in the AHL. He needs the NHL exposure to work out those kinks. You give him a consistent shot, and I promise you he cleans up those holes you saw. Again, VERY limited sample size and I'm comparing it to all that I've seen of him in Providence last season and this season, where those holes weren't that drastic and he improved quite a bit on those issues from '13-'14 to '14-'15.

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
Joe, I certainly notice and understand your hesitation with Morrow. It's perfectly viable. But I think the sample size in the NHL is far, far too limited to say the book is out on him. He only played 15 games in the big leagues last year. The amount of evidence displaying his improvements and ability has shown so much in the AHL. He needs the NHL exposure to work out those kinks. You give him a consistent shot, and I promise you he cleans up those holes you saw. Again, VERY limited sample size and I'm comparing it to all that I've seen of him in Providence last season and this season, where those holes weren't that drastic and he improved quite a bit on those issues from '13-'14 to '14-'15.

I think the biggest issue with allowing Morrow to work out those kinks is that as of June 9th, the Bruins don't have a stud RH defensive defenseman (like say a Brent Seabrook) that you could pair with Morrow or Krug to make a viable 2nd pairing.

I'd be perfectly happy with a Krug/Morrow and Trotman 3rd pairing, but I'm not convinced we can get that other guy to play both of them. I do know that Seidenberg is not it.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I think the biggest issue with allowing Morrow to work out those kinks is that as of June 9th, the Bruins don't have a stud RH defensive defenseman (like say a Brent Seabrook) that you could pair with Morrow or Krug to make a viable 2nd pairing.

I'd be perfectly happy with a Krug/Morrow and Trotman 3rd pairing, but I'm not convinced we can get that other guy to play both of them. I do know that Seidenberg is not it.

Agreed on that front. This team unforunately is not going to be cup competitive next season, but the adept new GM should realize that and build towards minimizing the adjustment period that should have been done last season. Move Seidenberg for futures, he still will hold value around the league. Move Eriksson (who regained his value) for that RH defenseman.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Yes they do, his name is Dougie Hamilton.

I'm not stuck on the Chara-Hamilton pairing. And I'm not naive enough to think that Krug-Hamilton wouldn't work because they are both "offensive D-men" or Morrow-Hamilton wouldn't work because both are "young players".

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
Yes they do, his name is Dougie Hamilton.

I'm not stuck on the Chara-Hamilton pairing. And I'm not naive enough to think that Krug-Hamilton wouldn't work because they are both "offensive D-men" or Morrow-Hamilton wouldn't work because both are "young players".

I love Dougie, think people wildly underrate his defense here, and regardless of how I feel about a Chara-Hamilton pairing, that still leaves you one righty short in the top 4.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I love Dougie, think people wildly underrate his defense here, and regardless of how I feel about a Chara-Hamilton pairing, that still leaves you one righty short in the top 4.

I agree they are one right-handed D-man short.

I would focus on finding a right-handed D-man who can play steady solid D but also has a decent set of wheels to pair up with Chara. Let Hamilton be the mentor of his own pairing, rather than the apprentice.

I don't know who that RD is though. And it is predicated on finding a new home for Seidenberg.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
14th Pick+Smith+Subban+Kelly
for
Brent Burns+Tommy Wingels

Or

14th, Subban, Kelly
for
Braun+39th

I, personally would like the Bruins to keep their pick and grab Konecny, Zboril, or any one that drops but both these trades fill the hole that Boychuk left and then some.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
I agree they are one right-handed D-man short.

I would focus on finding a right-handed D-man who can play steady solid D but also has a decent set of wheels to pair up with Chara. Let Hamilton be the mentor of his own pairing, rather than the apprentice.

I don't know who that RD is though. And it is predicated on finding a new home for Seidenberg.

Cody Franson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad