All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXIV: How can this team be fixed? ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
One of Chiarelli's many parting gifts for the next guy. That contract is unmoveable.

I'm pretty cynical, but I'm hoping someone is willing to take a chance...

Hopefully Sweeney doesn't have the same attachment to players as Chiarelli did, because otherwise I don't expect to see much of a difference next season in the roster.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm pretty cynical, but I'm hoping someone is willing to take a chance...

Hopefully Sweeney doesn't have the same attachment to players as Chiarelli did, because otherwise I don't expect to see much of a difference next season in the roster.

There was/is no way Sweeney, IMO be able to make drastic changes, there has to be some form of continuity and while I fully expect a Kelly/Seids or maybe Loui to be moved, too much change can be equally as dangerous

This for me appears to be a 2 year project, year one (or this summer) begin trying to free up some $$, next summer, more will be dropped off/traded and heading into Sweeney`s 2nd season as GM is where I think we will notice the most acute changes

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
NTC`s are restricting but hardly crippling

Good thing it's an NMC then, far more crippling. At that cost, doesn't matter, there aren't many teams in the league that will pay that amount of real money for a 60-70 point center NTC or NMC aside. The Bruins will live or die by that contract.

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Anyone think we have to trade Krug right now? Once Grzelcyk comes over, I think it'll be redundant to keep both.

Not to mention we have Rob O'Gara coming up from Yale who seems to be a good player.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Anyone think we have to trade Krug right now? Once Grzelcyk comes over, I think it'll be redundant to keep both.

Not to mention we have Rob O'Gara coming up from Yale who seems to be a good player.

Until someone else proves they can do what Krug does; he doesn't leave unless you bring in someone better.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
There was/is no way Sweeney, IMO be able to make drastic changes, there has to be some form of continuity and while I fully expect a Kelly/Seids or maybe Loui to be moved, too much change can be equally as dangerous

This for me appears to be a 2 year project, year one (or this summer) begin trying to free up some $$, next summer, more will be dropped off/traded and heading into Sweeney`s 2nd season as GM is where I think we will notice the most acute changes

We have plenty of ways to keep some players, but to go into the season just trading away some supplemental parts, I really don't expect much difference; except Chara has aged another year. I believe our cornerstone pieces are Bergeron, Hamilton, and Rask. That's the foundation and the continuity.

Kelly/Seids hold very little value, so we'd trade them for picks? Loui might be of some value, but it's definitely lower than when we acquired him. You may be right, and it's a 2 year project, but as constructed, we are a fringe playoff team, fighting not to lose than win.

IMO Krejci, Lucic, Krug, and possibly Marchand are our most valuable trading chips if they are willing to deal them. Not saying all of them, but someone with value and salary needs to go if we expect to see any change and expect to get quality players back.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011

Like someone already said, he has yet to prove he can be the next Krug. It would be dumb to trade Krug now because Gryz can be Krug 2.0

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Like someone already said, he has yet to prove he can be the next Krug. It would be dumb to trade Krug now because Gryz can be Krug 2.0

I wouldn't be against looking into moving Krug for the right return because even Krug hasn't proved to be a top 4 defenseman on this team, yet.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I wouldn't be against looking into moving Krug for the right return because even Krug hasn't proved to be a top 4 defenseman on this team, yet.

I think Krug is a very underrated player on this team and he showed that at the end of last season when he was called upon.

He is 10x more valuable than Smith or Kelly who make similar money.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
Personally, with the current state of problems with the Bruins - any thoughts of trading players like Marchand or Krug is crazy and backwards.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
I think Krug is a very underrated player on this team and he showed that at the end of last season when he was called upon.

He is 10x more valuable than Smith or Kelly who make similar money.

Which is why I wouldn't be against moving him should it improve the team.

Smith or Kelly aren't going to get much in terms of value or even improving the team.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Personally, with the current state of problems with the Bruins - any thoughts of trading players like Marchand or Krug is crazy and backwards.

Any player should be available if it improves the team overall.

The Bruins aren't a piece away from contending. They have a lot of issues going forward. Krug or Marchand aren't part of the problem, but they are players with value.

People seem to get confused with dumping players for scraps vs. making trades that improve the team. I know it's probably hard to know what it's like since Chiarelli didn't do that for probably the past 3 seasons.

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
The only person on this team I wouldn't trade is Bergy, but everyone else for the right return I would trade. Krug, DK, Lucic, Marchy, and etc. are very good players, but they are not the type of player like Kane, Toews, Nash, Perry, Doughty, Kopitar, and other high skilled players (who I wouldn't trade)

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I still can't believe we have sacrificed Iginla/Boychuk and now Soderberg just to keep Kelly here. Something is wrong with that. Even if they don't intend on keeping Soderberg for non-salary cap reasons, don't keep a much lesser player in Kelly.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
The only person on this team I wouldn't trade is Bergy, but everyone else for the right return I would trade. Krug, DK, Lucic, Marchy, and etc. are very good players, but they are not the type of player like Kane, Toews, Nash, Perry, Doughty, Kopitar, and other high skilled players (who I wouldn't trade)

.....Most players in the league are no where near that caliber. Odd post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad