All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXII: How can this team be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Bruins need another Seidenberg type find, diamond in the rough type. Easier said than done. The blue line needs resecatation. There isn't cap room. Who moves out? Kelly is the easy answer, but after that... A big chip must move IF a core piece is added. Lucic? Marchand? Eriksson? Smith? Seidenberg? I can't see Chara moving. Bergeron & Rask are locks. Krejci almost a lock also.

Which team has dmen to spare who is in need of wingers?

Depending on how Anaheim finishes in these playoffs I could see a deal with them. They want to win while Perry & Getzlaf are in their primes. Do they have defense to spare? What are the boards thoughts on Beauchemin? How about Phaneuf with money retained?

Beauc is UFA and 34y, he'd be too expensive for what he brings.
Other D's Fowler and Lind are untouchables basically for them. But they would be interested in Lucic, use getlaf/perry prime window.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I'd like to get ritchie, but that deal would be based around Lucic, they need top line lw to play with Getlaf/Perry while the are still in their prime, but I would do that, would be nice to have Lucic jr.

Also dra+yakupov are interesting players and I'd really like us to go after them, gives us the future #1C with Dra and Yak has still lots of potential. If Lucic for rithcie isn't available I would use him on this one.

I guess we have to understand that Chara is staying and can't use him on trades.

Then we add Bouw+ with Krecji to help our D, martin is something we can't do, he isn't the same player anymore and will be too expensive.

So yak+Dra+Bouw would be nice, sign ufa D if possible, we get younger/faster/ more scoring and a lot cheaper.
brett ritchie. nick ritchie is untouchable. the guy is probably already better than lucic and is on an entry level contract. the guy has a laser beam for a shot and can dangle like a small forward. hits, fights, does it all. stud.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
brett ritchie. nick ritchie is untouchable. the guy is probably already better than lucic and is on an entry level contract. the guy has a laser beam for a shot and can dangle like a small forward. hits, fights, does it all. stud.

Then I would go the Yak+Dra route.
Those 2 could really help us and they bring everything we need.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Question for you: Why do you want Backes and Oshie?

Oshie isn't a goal scorer and he and Backes become invisible in the most important part of the year. Boston already has a better yet less physical version of Oshie in Eriksson. I just don't get this fascination some people have with these two. Especially at the cost of one of the better playoff performers in the league.

I do agree here. But Oshie would be a better fit to the Bruins mentality and identity. Neely's regimen as well. This team needs a little shake up, Eriksson for Oshie is most definitely a lateral move, but a move this squad needs.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015

Hasn't played an NHL game yet.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Bruins need another Seidenberg type find, diamond in the rough type. Easier said than done. The blue line needs resecatation. There isn't cap room. Who moves out? Kelly is the easy answer, but after that... A big chip must move IF a core piece is added. Lucic? Marchand? Eriksson? Smith? Seidenberg? I can't see Chara moving. Bergeron & Rask are locks. Krejci almost a lock also.

Depending on how Anaheim finishes in these playoffs I could see a deal with them. They want to win while Perry & Getzlaf are in their primes. Do they have defense to spare? What are the boards thoughts on Beauchemin? How about Phaneuf with money retained?

Depending on price, Paul Martin would be that guy. Definitely don't see him taking anything under his current contract at 5 million though. Dion retained at 5 million would be ideal. He's a legit #3.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

He's a right wing with size. He has another year with present contract then he is a RFA. How would we acquire him?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

There's the problem with upgrading the D. The caliber of D-men that are a sure-fire 100% upgrades aren't available.

UFAs like Franson or Green will be over-priced and over-rated.

Next there's going out and getting a guy like a Phaneuf or a Bieksa (just as examples, there are others) which will take good assets and may not be much of an upgrade if any.

The other alternative is trying to find a project or diamond-in-the-rough who has shown potential but for some reason hasn't put it all together yet at the NHL level. Similar to the Connolly trade but for a D-man. Once a risk if the player coming in would actually be an upgrade.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Is "Resecatation" a LH or RH shot? :)

Toronto needs a lot and could part with Gardner and/or Phaneuf. Not advocating getting either, just pointing out a team with D to spare.

I was hoping Mark Methot would've moved at the deadline, he's exactly what this blue line needs. Defensive dman who's physical.

Methot-Hamilton
Chara-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid

I really hope they manage Chara's TOI better this season, rely less on him. He can still be effective in the 2nd pairing. Get him of the PP too

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
He's a right wing with size. He has another year with present contract then he is a RFA. How would we acquire him?
dallas has offence. they are desperate for a solid stay at home dman. oh and they have boatloads of cap space. they took a flier on gonchar. they might be more than willing to pony up brett ritchie for chara. or not. this is a site for proposals. just throwing it out there. for the record, nick ritchie is going to be better than his brother, kid is a freak. lucic fans are going to be changing their tune after another down year next year. glorified 3rd liner.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I know this isn't popular, but I doubt we make any significant changes this year. We will likely bring in a new supporting cast, but I doubt we swing for the fences. We are handcuffed by the cap, and we will likely look internally before externally for solutions.

I think there are a couple of UFA's in our wheelhouse, Tootoo would certainly be loved in this town. Oduya would be a nice addition if McQuaid is leaving. I just don't see the wholesale changes coming that people and myself really want to see. I think the new GM has to come in and define the culture he wants to create, then start acting on it.

Maybe I am wrong here, but I remember one of the first moves Chia made was getting rid of the team psychologist. Yet it was the lack of identity and players having a difficult time dealing with the departure of a player that caused this team so many issues late in the year.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Hamilton has a higher ceiling than Shattenkirk who I love as a player but is better suited to being a catalyst on the second paring than replacing Dougie on the top pairing. Adding Schwarts and subtracting Lucic would also give Boston one of the smallest and softest top-6s in the league.

I'd pass on that rather easily. Not a bad idea in targeting a team like St.Louis but I think the deal puts Boston in an even tougher position.

Agree that it def leaves the Bruins a bit softer upfront, so it wouldn't be the only move they'd have to make.

Given Lucic is a UFA after next season and allegedly may command $7+ million, I think his trade value gets impacted...the other side of it is I don't see Hamilton attaining the level some (most?) people expect. Something tells me he's a #2 at best. 2-3 years from now someone may throw this post in my face, but I have concerns about his ability to become THAT defenseman. It's on that basis, along with Looch's pending UFA status that I felt this a type of deal that might work.

For sure though, the Blues need a shake up. I'd certainly be looking at them as a trade partner.

Then again...the Blues as a team are a pack of losers...who knows exactly what is going on behind the scenes. Some of these apparently very talented players may have character issues that I'm not aware of.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
There's the problem with upgrading the D. The caliber of D-men that are a sure-fire 100% upgrades aren't available.

UFAs like Franson or Green will be over-priced and over-rated.

Next there's going out and getting a guy like a Phaneuf or a Bieksa (just as examples, there are others) which will take good assets and may not be much of an upgrade if any.

The other alternative is trying to find a project or diamond-in-the-rough who has shown potential but for some reason hasn't put it all together yet at the NHL level. Similar to the Connolly trade but for a D-man. Once a risk if the player coming in would actually be an upgrade.

Agree, the top names are going to be over-valued, and a guy like Phaneuf isn't all that much better than, for comparison purposes, McQuaid. It just may turn out that Trotman and Morrow are in the mix next year.

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI
guys like you who think they are worse at forward and defence with those moves are reasons the bruins wont have any trouble selling season tickets.

remind me again, how many playoff series have The Blues won recently?

Might have to do with these "studs":

Backes: 29gm, 13pt, -5
Oshie: 30gm, 9pt, -12

Meanwhile Krejci has 77pt in 93gm.

Reilly Smith has 1 less career playoff goal (4) than both Backes (5) and Oshie (5). And neither have had more than 2 goals in a year. Smith had 4 last year.

And Krecji out scores Backes in the regular season and Smith's rookie year matched Oshie's output

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
dallas has offence. they are desperate for a solid stay at home dman. oh and they have boatloads of cap space. they took a flier on gonchar. they might be more than willing to pony up brett ritchie for chara. or not. this is a site for proposals. just throwing it out there. for the record, nick ritchie is going to be better than his brother, kid is a freak. lucic fans are going to be changing their tune after another down year next year. glorified 3rd liner.

If Chara went to Dallas and we got Ritchie it would help our Cap situation but put us in a bigger hole on the D side we would need two D and the Cap moves back up. It would be nice to get younger however. We had a lot of injuries and the timing of these injuries effected the production of the other players on the ice. Without making too many changes for this season only I think we could get into the playoffs this coming season.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
why is everyone all about backes and oshie.. i like both those guys.. but watching these playoffs its easy to see the league is evolving to a much faster game. these guys are heavy and tough to play against until you realize you can skate them out of the rink . ... bring the hate but . chara and subban for nurse , drasaitl and schulz ,see what claude can do for justin. maybe and "actual system" would settle this kid down . this would be a crazy bold trade but solve a lot of both teams problems ..
still like the reilly for merril trade too.. that needs to happen quickly

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Ummm the year they traded Seguin they won the Presidents trophy and finished with more points than any other team iced in the Seguin or Chia era. I'd argue that was the deepest, most talented team Chia put together, the players just what themselves against MTL

You could argue that, but it would be a really dumb argument.

It wasn't the deepest. It wasn't the most talented.

It wasn't even deep or talented enough to beat a mediocre Habs squad in the second round.

The most talented squads the Bruins have fielded in recent years all had Seguin on them. We dipped, significantly, in talent, speed, skill, when he was traded. Period.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I was hoping Mark Methot would've moved at the deadline, he's exactly what this blue line needs. Defensive dman who's physical.

Methot-Hamilton
Chara-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid

I really hope they manage Chara's TOI better this season, rely less on him. He can still be effective in the 2nd pairing. Get him of the PP too

Have you been watching the playoffs? Hes been average and thats being generous. No thank you.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
guys like you who think they are worse at forward and defence with those moves are reasons the bruins wont have any trouble selling season tickets.

this guy I'm 99% was here before and got banned- signs back on in April posts a bleep load and starts throwing stuff like this.....shocked and chagrined. Where is the love

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad