All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXII: How can this team be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I certainly would agree that anytime anyone mentions Brian Burke as a solution to the problem we should lock that thread down and start another.

On the other hand, if we do decide to move Lucic Burke would probably be the first call as he has helped us so much in the past

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I certainly would agree that anytime anyone mentions Brian Burke as a solution to the problem we should lock that thread down and start another.

On the other hand, if we do decide to move Lucic Burke would probably be the first call as he has helped us so much in the past

LOL true. On both counts.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
On TSN Montreal - Pierre McGuire said if he was GM he would strongly consider hiring Mike Milbury as a coach. :help:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You have two options. The retool or the blowup. With the lets trade Chara, and UFAs to be like Lucic and Eriksson path there are so many variations its not even worth talking about. I do think its at least worth exploring, but lets play retool instead.

I assume that you let Campbell, Paille, Bartkowski and McQuaid walk. Iginla's money has already been spent on the Krug/Smith extensions, but you do have the 6 million freed up by letting those guys go for Hamilton and maybe Soderberg plus any amount the cap goes up. The team isn't in "cap hell" next year. More like "cap purgatory".

On the forward front, when healthy, you have a lot of depth, albeit not a collection of talent that 100% makes sense together, nor a lot of highend skill (unless Spooner/Pastrnak take another step).

Lucic Krejci Pastrnak
Marchand Bergeron Eriksson
Smith Soderberg/Spooner Connolly
Kelly Talbot Ferlin

Its also neither fast nor big. Its like team USA in old Nintendo Hockey...too many medium guys, although swapping even one of Smith, Eriksson or Kelly with a big or fast guy would make a big difference. Preferably two, and preferably Smith and Kelly.

Resigning Soderberg really depends on whether or not you deal one of those other top 9 guys, because none of those guys belong on the 4th line.

On the backend you have a real problem. You have old guys who may or may not recover in Chara and Seidenberg. Even if they do recover, and I think they at least partially will, you still are on thin ice there.

You also have a couple of young D in Hamilton and Krug who have upside, but are not ready to be "the guys", and (at least for now in Hamilton's case) clearly are more adept at the offensive/puck moving part of the game.

And then you have bottom pairing flotsam like Miller, Trotman, Morrow (has potential, though), etc.

You really need a top 3 or even top 2 guy on the backend that is in his prime, or, hopefully, even young prime to ease the transition from the Chara years to the Hamilton years and you have to give up one of the forwards to get him. The better the forward, the better the defender you get back.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Quote, "I assume that you let Campbell, Paille, Bartkowski and McQuaid walk. "

This is where Chia made a huge mistake at the deadline.

He must of forgot that he had four major UFA's that he was going to lose for nothing.
Could he have not gotten some draft picks?

Poor, poor management of assets. He lost Cunningham and Fraser to waivers for nothing as well.

Big mistakes for a GM.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Let Paille, Campbell, Bart and Soderberg walk

Re-Sign Hamilton, McQuaid, Connolly and Spooner

Maybe re-sign Svedberg but to a 2 way deal so they can send him down

Trade Seidenberg, Smith and Kelly. - Don't know who they would be traded for. Kelly and Seidenberg to a young team that needs vets. Smith to a team for a top d prospect close to NHL ready.

Give guys like Koko, Florek, Griffith, Camara, Randell, Morrow, Arnesson and Warsofsky real shots at camp.

IF this team still has PC as GM I can see him making a strong push for signing Stewart. Would also like them to get a vet right hander on D. Z Michalek is a guy I would go for. Also with the teams lack of toughness I bring in Frazer Mclaren for the 4th line.

Marchand Bergeron Connolly
Eriksson Krejci Stewart
Lucic Spooner Pastrnak
Mclaren Koko Talbot -

on days when a fighter isn't needed
Koko Talbot Griffith

Chara Hamilton
Morrow Michalek
Krug McQuaid

Rask
Svedberg(or FA or prospect)

In the trades maybe Seidenberg for Etem. Kelly to Edmonton for a pick and/or prospects. Smith to Phoenix for picks and/or prospects

Maybe try and sign Jeff Petry from Montreal

Free Agency this summer is kinda blech

Bi Coastal Bawse*

He must of forgot that he had four major UFA's that he was going to lose for nothing.

Poor, poor management of assets. He lost Cunningham and Fraser to waivers for nothing as well.

Big mistakes for a GM.

Soderberg has more value than all of them. Made a mistake not trading him. Also should have moved Paille, Bart and Campbell. Inserted some speed and youth from Providence in the line up.

KEEP McQuaid

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Spooner replaces Söderberg

I'd walk away from Campbell Paille & Kelly (Eriksson Talbot Bergeron Marchand more than capable of killing penalties).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Hall + 3rd overall (Hanafin/Strome) + ?
for
Hamilton + Lucic/Krejci + Cap dump

was proposed??

Hamilton+lucic+seidenberg for them(hall impact right away, lose hamilton)
and then krecji for jones+(takes hamilton's place on our 1st pairing)
and then we draft another D provoror. (another future top4 D), top3 and top10 picks in this years draft would be great.

1st elite line Hall-Spooner-Pasta,
deadly for years and that speed :laugh:, I couldn't stop smiling when I'd finally see elite skaters on our team

And D

Hanifin-Jones
Provoror-x
Krug-McQ/Miller

And D for next year,

Chara-Jones
hanifin-x
Krug-McQ.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Big mistakes for a GM.

What do those guys exactly get you? Campbell, Paille, Cunningham and Fraser are replacement level players. Literally have no value. Campbell and Paille with negative value. Bart and McQuaid had some value, but are you really going to give up any chance of the playoffs and a magically run for a 3rd round pick? Come on. Thats silly.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Hall + 3rd overall (Hanafin/Strome) + ?
for
Hamilton + Lucic/Krejci + Cap dump

was proposed??

Hamilton+lucic+seidenberg for them(hall impact right away, lose hamilton)
and then krecji for jones+(takes hamilton's place on our 1st pairing)
and then we draft another D provoror. (another future top4 D)

1st elite line Hall-Spooner-Pasta,
deadly for years and that speed :laugh:, I couldn't stop smiling when I'd finally see elite skaters on our team

And D

Hanifin-Jones
Provoror-x
Krug-McQ/Miller

And D for next year,

Chara-Jones
hanifin-x
Krug-McQ.

We would be bad for a while. Hanifin might stay at BC next year. Probably should. A guy like Provoror probably won't be good for 5+ years IF he actually becomes good.

I'm less interested in Hall than most. We all know he has never scored more than 27 goals while playing no D, right? We know that Lucic is only 3 years older and had scored 30 by the time he was Hall's age? Hall plays with Neely like disregard for his body. Fun to see that, but he is only a few years removed when that took its toll on Neely...and things certainly aren't trending well for Hall injury wise.

I don't mind doing Krejci for Jones. Wouldn't do the other deal. Would really like Jones and Hamilton anchoring too pairings the next dozen years or more.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We would be bad for a while. Hanifin might stay at BC next year. Probably should. A guy like Provoror probably won't be good for 5+ years IF he actually becomes good.

I'm less interested in Hall than most. We all know he has never scored more than 27 goals while playing no D, right? We know that Lucic is only 3 years older and had scored 30 by the time he was Hall's age? Hall plays with Neely like disregard for his body. Fun to see that, but he is only a few years removed when that took its toll on Neely...and things certainly aren't trending well for Hall injury wise.

I don't mind doing Krejci for Jones. Wouldn't do the other deal. Would really like Jones and Hamilton anchoring too pairings the next dozen years or more.

The reason why I would trade lucic is his next contract, he can't be 32-34y powerforward with 7M cap hit, not with us.

I don't know how that D lineup would make us worse, Jones is next year same age as hamilton is now and we would be able to sign/trade another top4 D, replace seidenberg, and that would make our D stronger.
If we could get hanifin+Jones it would be hard to say no,
then you add werenski and his size on that 2nd pairing if we draft him.

I take 1 average season if we can be contenders for the next 7+ years.
Atleast cap problems would be solved :D
Plenty to spend on deadline day.

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly/eriksson
Hall-Spooner-Pasta
x(cap to sign a good lw)-Soda-Eriksson/connolly
talbot-x-ferlin

Last edited:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Whats this obsession with Hall? He is young and injury plagued.

Yeah lets give up Lucic and Hamilton up for him

remer

Oct 18, 2005
What do those guys exactly get you? Campbell, Paille, Cunningham and Fraser are replacement level players. Literally have no value. Campbell and Paille with negative value. Bart and McQuaid had some value, but are you really going to give up any chance of the playoffs and a magically run for a 3rd round pick? Come on. Thats silly.

Magical run. Ha! that's funny.

Some return would have been better than nothing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Whats this obsession with Hall? He is young and injury plagued.

Yeah lets give up Lucic and Hamilton up for him

?
Lucic for hall(cap reasons, + thinking 5 years ahead, I really really don't want to see 3rd liner lucic with high cap hit)
Hamilton for Hanifin+bit of hall
Krecji for Jones to replace Hamilton, cheap contract next year.

Then we can sign new players to help our team, 2 top 10 picks would be great this year.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Who knows when Hanifin will be NHL. Getting rid of Hamilton and bringing in Jones does nothing. Your D line is meh.

Like I said Hall is young and injury plagued.

But yeah lets get rid of Looch, Hamilton and DK for Jones

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River

If they have no value, why were they claimed? Daniel Briere and Ilya Bryzgalov were once on waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad