All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXXII: How can this team be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Ummm the year they traded Seguin they won the Presidents trophy and finished with more points than any other team iced in the Seguin or Chia era. I'd argue that was the deepest, most talented team Chia put together, the players just what themselves against MTL

The team that **** the bed versus Montreal was better then the cup team, or better then the team that went to the finals against Chicago?

I guess playoffs only matter when talking about Krejci's value.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Hamilton has a higher ceiling than Shattenkirk who I love as a player but is better suited to being a catalyst on the second paring than replacing Dougie on the top pairing. Adding Schwarts and subtracting Lucic would also give Boston one of the smallest and softest top-6s in the league.

I'd pass on that rather easily. Not a bad idea in targeting a team like St.Louis but I think the deal puts Boston in an even tougher position.

Right now Shattenkirk >>>>>>>> Hamilton

Long-term, Hamilton probably has the better upside.

I like the idea of adding Shattenkirk. Let him go beside Chara and make Hamilton the leader of his own pairing. Anything that separates the Chara-Hamilton pairing I'm good with.

But there's lot's of salary the Blues will move out first to make room for Tarasenko's new deal before considering dealing Shattenkirk. After Tarasenko and Pietrangelo, I'd wager he's their next most untouchable player.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Oiler fan coming in piece. One player I am interested in on your team is UFA Adam McQuaid. Will he be re-signed, or will he sign elsewhere. He was raised in a very good defensive system and has a mean streak. With Chirallei our new GM, I can see some trades happening between the Oilers and Bruins

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
So what's your opinion on why Neely was there?

Could be a lot of reasons. If looking at Erie players, maybe looking at Travis McDermott, Dman? He's currently ranked around 45 of NA skaters. 5'11" 197 pound 19 yr old. In 3 or so years that's likely 5'11 215. That's solid.

Or Baptiste or DeBrincat?

If looking at anyone on St. Ste Marie, yeah could be Nurse, could also be interested in seeing Senyshyn or Colton White or Bouramann.

Who knows. But I'm glad he is so engaged give the B's have no GM right now.

Hey, maybe they'll just add that to Neely's title. Pres and GM. Absolute ruler.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Oiler fan coming in piece. One player I am interested in on your team is UFA Adam McQuaid. Will he be re-signed, or will he sign elsewhere. He was raised in a very good defensive system and has a mean streak. With Chirallei our new GM, I can see some trades happening between the Oilers and Bruins

With Chia at the helm, I think you'll be able to get McQuaid, but it's going to cost Hall and a first. I think we might have to throw in Smith and Kelly too.

Seriously, though. McQuaid is the type of defenseman that the Bruins are lacking. Someone cheap and that has a temper. The Bruins will try to re-sign him, but honestly not sure what sort of interest McQuaid has in staying here and what type of money he's looking for. If he wants any sort of raise, he might have to go elsewhere. The Oil might have a good shot with Chia and Ference there.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

The general feeling is that no one wants him to go, but that someone will pay him #4 money and he will price himself out of Boston. Boston already has Hamilton, Trotman and Miller as RHD signed for next year with Seidenberg able to play both sides.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Right now Shattenkirk >>>>>>>> Hamilton

Long-term, Hamilton probably has the better upside.

I like the idea of adding Shattenkirk. Let him go beside Chara and make Hamilton the leader of his own pairing. Anything that separates the Chara-Hamilton pairing I'm good with.

But there's lot's of salary the Blues will move out first to make room for Tarasenko's new deal before considering dealing Shattenkirk. After Tarasenko and Pietrangelo, I'd wager he's their next most untouchable player.

I agree with everything you've said here (you may have added 5 too many >'s after Shatty but who's counting? :D).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
And abused the cap structure on a assumed move hence castrating themselves the next year for a guy who played for one year - ONE YEAR.

Terrible Terrible Terrible.

Thats how you piss a gifted 2nd overall away.

And Smith was the only one who was able to help last year, think of Seguin+Iginla instead of iginla+smith.

I like Eriksson but I hate the trade, Eriksson is 7 years older than Seguin and Smith will never be anything close to those 2 in their prime. High chance is that in a year we have only Smith playing with the Bruins.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
krejci, smith and seidenberg to st louis for backes, oshie and bouwmeester. add if necessary.

lucic, subban, morrow to edmonton for yakupov, draisaitl. add if necessary.

chara, talbot, 2nd for ritchie, roussel. add if necessary.

sign a couple mobile dmen. martin and green. re-sign mcquaid. check out chicago, minnesota, anaheim, calgary...most dmen on their teams can skate and are not overly physical. just now how to play their positions but mostly can all move the puck and move their feet.

marchand bergeron oshie
eriksson backes yakupov
ritchie spooner pastrnak
roussel draisaitl connolly

bouwmeester hamilton
martin green
krug mcquaid

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
krejci, smith and seidenberg to st louis for backes, oshie and bouwmeester. add if necessary.

sign a couple mobile dmen. martin and green. re-sign mcquaid. check out chicago, minnesota, anaheim, calgary...most dmen on their teams can skate and are not overly physical. just now how to play their positions but mostly can all move the puck and move their feet.

marchand bergeron oshie
eriksson backes yakupov
ritchie spooner pastrnak

bouwmeester hamilton
martin green
krug mcquaid

Question for you: Why do you want Backes and Oshie?

Oshie isn't a goal scorer and he and Backes become invisible in the most important part of the year. Boston already has a better yet less physical version of Oshie in Eriksson. I just don't get this fascination some people have with these two. Especially at the cost of one of the better playoff performers in the league.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
Pretty interesting, huh Redeye? I remember you criticizing me on bringing up Phaneuf.

Well, Chia did get fired...

marchand bergeron oshie
eriksson backes yakupov
ritchie spooner pastrnak

bouwmeester hamilton
martin green
krug mcquaid

You've been playing too much NHL15.

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI

marchand bergeron oshie
eriksson backes yakupov
ritchie spooner pastrnak

bouwmeester hamilton
martin green
krug mcquaid

You managed to make them worse at forward and defense in one swoop. Well played

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

marchand bergeron oshie
eriksson backes yakupov
ritchie spooner pastrnak

bouwmeester hamilton
martin green
krug mcquaid

Awful proposal. What is your obsession with Oshie?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

marchand bergeron oshie
eriksson backes yakupov
ritchie spooner pastrnak

bouwmeester hamilton
martin green
krug mcquaid

I'd like to get ritchie, but that deal would be based around Lucic, they need top line lw to play with Getlaf/Perry while the are still in their prime, but I would do that, would be nice to have Lucic jr.

Also dra+yakupov are interesting players and I'd really like us to go after them, gives us the future #1C with Dra and Yak has still lots of potential. If Lucic for rithcie isn't available I would use him on this one.

I guess we have to understand that Chara is staying and can't use him on trades.

Then we add Bouw+ with Krecji to help our D, martin is something we can't do, he isn't the same player anymore and will be too expensive.

So yak+Dra+Bouw would be nice, sign ufa D if possible, we get younger/faster/ more scoring and a lot cheaper.

Last edited:

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
I'd like to get ritchie, but that deal would be based around Lucic, they need top line lw t oplay with Getlaf/Perry while the are still in their prime, but I would do that, would be nice to have Lucic jr.

Also dra+yakupov are interesting players and I'd really like us to go after them, gives us the future #1C with Dra and Yak has still lots of potential. If Lucic for rithcie isn't available I would use him on this one.

I guess we have to understand that Chara is staying and can't use him on trades.

Then we add Bouw+ with Krecji to help our D, martin is something we can't do, he isn't the same player anymore and will be too expensive.

I believe he is referring to Brett Ritchie and Antionne Roussel.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
With Chia at the helm, I think you'll be able to get McQuaid, but it's going to cost Hall and a first. I think we might have to throw in Smith and Kelly too.

Seriously, though. McQuaid is the type of defenseman that the Bruins are lacking. Someone cheap and that has a temper. The Bruins will try to re-sign him, but honestly not sure what sort of interest McQuaid has in staying here and what type of money he's looking for. If he wants any sort of raise, he might have to go elsewhere. The Oil might have a good shot with Chia and Ference there.

but it's going to cost Hall and a first. I think we might have to throw in Smith and Kelly too.

Do u get drug tested at work because I would test you. You would have to throw in Hamilton and Bergeron as well. C'mon now, just because you got ripped off bad with the Seguin trade doesn't mean Chiarelli will make that mistake again.
With McQuaid being a UFA, a 1st is not required, a contract offer is.

Man that is good; a 1st and Hall for Smith and Kelly. Hahahahahahha
Is that 1st McDavid.
I have some ocean frontage of Kansas if you are interested going cheap.
U made my day. You have to be an American and are still learning the game. I have been to Boston and for the most part, they are educated about the game. You sir, are not educated

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
but it's going to cost Hall and a first. I think we might have to throw in Smith and Kelly too.

Do u get drug tested at work because I would test you. You would have to throw in Hamilton and Bergeron as well. C'mon now, just because you got ripped off bad with the Seguin trade doesn't mean Chiarelli will make that mistake again.
With McQuaid being a UFA, a 1st is not required, a contract offer is.

Man that is good; a 1st and Hall for Smith and Kelly. Hahahahahahha
Is that 1st McDavid.
I have some ocean frontage of Kansas if you are interested going cheap.
U made my day. You have to be an American and are still learning the game. I have been to Boston and for the most part, they are educated about the game. You sir, are not educated
"With Chia at the helm, I think you'll be able to get McQuaid, but it's going to cost Hall and a first. I think we might have to throw in Smith and Kelly too."

It was sarcasm. He was just joking.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
"With Chia at the helm, I think you'll be able to get McQuaid, but it's going to cost Hall and a first. I think we might have to throw in Smith and Kelly too."

It was sarcasm. He was just joking.

I sure hope so. I thought u guys were joking about Obama back in 2009 but here we are another term later and he is still in. I just don't when you Yanks are serious or joking

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I believe he is referring to Brett Ritchie and Antionne Roussel.

My mistake then,

I'd then go for Dra+yak for Lucic++, to make us younger/faster and cheaper. Dra is future #1C something we lost with Seguin and I wouldn't mind going after him.

Actually I'd really like us to go after Dra, he's available now. Get replacement for krecji/ seguin and make Krecji available for D help. We are re-tooling anyways next year and Dra is ready to go in 2016.

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Bruins need another Seidenberg type find, diamond in the rough type. Easier said than done. The blue line needs resecatation. There isn't cap room. Who moves out? Kelly is the easy answer, but after that... A big chip must move IF a core piece is added. Lucic? Marchand? Eriksson? Smith? Seidenberg? I can't see Chara moving. Bergeron & Rask are locks. Krejci almost a lock also.

Which team has dmen to spare who is in need of wingers?

Depending on how Anaheim finishes in these playoffs I could see a deal with them. They want to win while Perry & Getzlaf are in their primes. Do they have defense to spare? What are the boards thoughts on Beauchemin? How about Phaneuf with money retained?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Bruins need another Seidenberg type find, diamond in the rough type. Easier said than done. The blue line needs resecatation. There isn't cap room. Who moves out? Kelly is the easy answer, but after that... A big chip must move IF a core piece is added. Lucic? Marchand? Eriksson? Smith? Seidenberg? I can't see Chara moving. Bergeron & Rask are locks. Krejci almost a lock also.

Which team has dmen to spare who is in need of wingers?

Depending on how Anaheim finishes in these playoffs I could see a deal with them. They want to win while Perry & Getzlaf are in their primes. Do they have defense to spare? What are the boards thoughts on Beauchemin? How about Phaneuf with money retained?
Is "Resecatation" a LH or RH shot? :)

Toronto needs a lot and could part with Gardner and/or Phaneuf. Not advocating getting either, just pointing out a team with D to spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad