Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXVIII: The Peter Principal at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Not a fan of this move. If Connolly didnt put things together with the star power and development they had in TB I find it very hard to believe he will all of a sudden start becoming the 6th overall pick that everyone loves quoting. Drouin, Johnson, Palat, etc all went in and made an impact bc there good players. They just got 2 2nd rounders for a bust that has a little upside, because essentially ANY player under 23 who was drafted in the first round (specially top 10) has this stigma of high upside and he could put it together on our team.

Why the F didnt we trade Hamil for a 2nd? Caron for a 2nd? I would have settled for one 2nd from those guys let alone two.

It was tweeted Yzerman felt they PAID a premium for Coburn (I would take Boychuk over Coburn), but they felt they GOT a premium return for Connolly. lol.

Hate being a negative nancy but this deal just pisses me off. Over paid for someone's failed development. No clear direction as of yet in what we are. Sellers? Buyers? just staying pat? I havent written one post about hating or loving Chia (read over a 1000), but I hope he does something else one way or the other today that signifies the direction of this team. Based off the prices being paid (specially by us) I hope he sells some dead weight for these steep prices.
I kind of feel the same way. I am skeptical as well. Not angry, but i think i perfer the picks. Oh well, this is at least something..

Furry89

Nov 17, 2013
I wonder what it would take to get Etem from Anaheim. Something around Seidenberg for Etem+ maybe try and pry Theodore as well.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m2 minutes ago
Bruins aren't done. Still open to something bigger. Connolly gives them options. Also wanting to add a depth D-man.

Something bigger? Oh man, Phil really is coming home. Can't believe it.

iiBruins17*

Bruins aren't done. Still open to something bigger. Connolly gives them options. Also wanting to add a depth D-man.

Please Jack Johnson

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Uh oh. here come Salvador/Phillips.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
toronto would obviously have to eat some salary but there would be salary moving out as well.

maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing :sarcasm:

Haha, for some, perhaps not! I'm not putting much blame for this year on Clode, though. All Chia pet and his withering team building vines

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Not too shabby

the cap hits actually favor Boston, this year anyway. Eriksson and Johnson have about the same hit; and Krug & Atkinson this year and both are due raises in the off-season as RFAs. I think we have to add, but I don't think it's a bad move for either team.

Eriksson > Atkinson
Krug < Johnson

Johnson I believe is a top 4 though; and I'm not certain about Krug, and Atkinson gives us another right winger that is fast and can shoot. We'd need some size on that fourth line next year, but this is a good looking team IMO.

Lucic-Spooner (Krejci)-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Atkinson
Smith-Soda-Pasta
Paille-Kelly-Ferlin

JJ-Hamilton
Chara-Seids
Bart-McQuaid

I would definitely consider this if I’m PC. I like Reilly SMITH on the left side too.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Comparing him to Hamill and Caron is pretty ridiculous. Those guys couldn't even produce in the AHL at Connolly's age, while Connolly is scoring at a near 20 goal pace in the NHL in limited minutes and lit it up down in the AHL the past 2 years.

I'm not as high on the deal as many here are, but it's ridiculous to compare Connolly to Hamill or Caron and act like their values are remotely similar.

No no, wasnt comparing the players at all. Just the fact that first round picks have this stigma that comes with them. Since this player was drafted high he has huge upside and may be able to put it together on our team. Caron was a first round pick, Bruins should have tried trading him when he was 22/23 as soon as they realized this guy is gonna be a career 3/4 liner. Hamil, should have traded him when there was still that stigma with him, he was a top ten pick, he might be able to put it together on our team etc.

I personally dont think Connolly will put anything together (hope im wrong) for us. He will do ok, certainly wont be run out of town or anything but to pay 2 2nd's for him in this market seems like a bad move.

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
the cap hits actually favor Boston, this year anyway. Eriksson and Johnson have about the same hit; and Krug & Atkinson this year and both are due raises in the off-season as RFAs. I think we have to add, but I don't think it's a bad move for either team.

Eriksson > Atkinson
Krug < Johnson

Johnson I believe is a top 4 though; and I'm not certain about Krug, and Atkinson gives us another right winger that is fast and can shoot. We'd need some size on that fourth line next year, but this is a good looking team IMO.

Lucic-Spooner (Krejci)-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Atkinson
Smith-Soda-Pasta
Paille-Kelly-Ferlinf

JJ-Hamilton
Chara-Seids
Bart-McQuaid

It will probably cost us another prospect / picks

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview
Connolly is nothing like Lucic.
I'm a Bolts STH and you are right and wrong.... Connolly has better hands and feet but doesn't not have the strength of Lucic's yet. The potential is there.. Watch him play a lot and you can see it. Powerful strides, digs in corners, quick release. Build for Bs system, not TBs.

We are in cap hell. This is a good move.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Please Jack Johnson

'Peter Chiarelli has agreed to a trade in principle with the 2011 Boston Bruins, sending 2015 Zdeno Chara and Torey Krug to 2011 Boston for 2011 Zdeno Chara and Steve Kampfer. There are still some minor pieces to work on, as 2011 Peter Chiarelli is looking for a little more value from 2015 Peter Chiarelli, who is on the hot seat and is desperate to make a move.

Sources say that bending the space time continuum is also causing problems, and 2011 Zdeno Chara might not be able to make Thursday's game in Calgary.

EDIT: a previous story indicated that 2015 Chiarelli wanted 2011 Kampfer, but 2011 Chiarelli is only willing to give him up in 2013.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
No no, wasnt comparing the players at all. Just the fact that first round picks have this stigma that comes with them. Since this player was drafted high he has huge upside and may be able to put it together on our team. Caron was a first round pick, Bruins should have tried trading him when he was 22/23 as soon as they realized this guy is gonna be a career 3/4 liner. Hamil, should have traded him when there was still that stigma with him, he was a top ten pick, he might be able to put it together on our team etc.

I personally dont think Connolly will put anything together (hope im wrong) for us. He will do ok, certainly wont be run out of town or anything but to pay 2 2nd's for him in this market seems like a bad move.
Difference is nobody wanted those guys. They couldn't even produce in the AHL. That absolutely KILLS their value. They have both been waived and unclaimed at 22-23, I'm pretty sure. You would've had to trade Hamill and Caron A LOT quicker than that because of how unproductive they were.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Any chance Atkinson could still come here? I feel like Reilly Smith could move over to the left side if need be.

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview

Keep in mind he in 4th in goals on the Bruins already. He will be a good cap number at 1.5 -2 mil for ext 3 years (hopefully). He has a huge upside.

BrianBruin

Feb 6, 2015

something bigger for us could be ryder at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad