Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXVIII: The Peter Principal at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Glad we "missed out" on Petry. We should be trading rentals if anything, not trading for them. The people who are crapping all over the team this year, and the HC+GM, but then calling for the acquisition of rentals really confuse me.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva

Teams are telling me the Maple Leafs are working hard to trade Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf today.

Not Bruin related but I find it funny that the thrill has worn out his welcome again, I know somebody will take a chance on him but I feel sorry for whatever coach winds up with him.

Phaneuf would make a great second pair D here, too bad he has a terrible contract.

Kessel @ 6m would be exactly what the bruins need. pretty sure toronto is eating salary on too many contracts right now though.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Yeh poor them. Getting a elite scorer

And a lazy, unmotivated slob that doesn't care about anything but himself. If he had any heart he's be a 50 goal scorer with his release and speed, instead he is content to make his money and play when he feels like it. A better version of Tomas Vanek.

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
It seems pretty clear that NHL GM's who scout the guy heavily just aren't as convinced on Petry as some internet posters are.

Petry is a guy with a great toolbox, but he has been developed poorly, and while he may reach his potential someday it probably won't be in the next month

Agree -- like the Connolly deal, this seems to be more of a long-term investment than a quick fix for the playoffs.

Certainly doesn't hurt MTL, but I don't see this as helping them that much this year. Especially since they have Markov and Subban as their go-to PMDs.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I like this. Not sure how the salaries would impact . Maybe a forward instead of Krug

the cap hits actually favor Boston, this year anyway. Eriksson and Johnson have about the same hit; and Krug & Atkinson this year and both are due raises in the off-season as RFAs. I think we have to add, but I don't think it's a bad move for either team.

Eriksson > Atkinson
Krug < Johnson

Johnson I believe is a top 4 though; and I'm not certain about Krug, and Atkinson gives us another right winger that is fast and can shoot. We'd need some size on that fourth line next year, but this is a good looking team IMO.

Lucic-Spooner (Krejci)-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Atkinson
Smith-Soda-Pasta
Paille-Kelly-Ferlin

JJ-Hamilton
Chara-Seids
Bart-McQuaid

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Kessel @ 6m would be exactly what the bruins need. pretty sure toronto is eating salary on too many contracts right now though.
Pretty much. Eriksson+R.Smith+Morrow+...oh ****, Matt Fraser's gone.

Lucic-Krejci-Kessel
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Kelly-Soderberg-Pastrnak

BRING PHIL HOME.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Agree -- like the Connolly deal, this seems to be more of a long-term investment than a quick fix for the playoffs.

Certainly doesn't hurt MTL, but I don't see this as helping them that much this year. Especially since they have Markov and Subban as their go-to PMDs.

Huh?

Petry's not a puck mover AND he's an impending UFA.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
to those putting Connolly in our top 6, you need a reality check. The guy is a 3rd liner right now. He will replace Paille on the third with Paille slotting down to the fourth.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
So now that we clearly cannot compete with all the buyers this year, why are Paille and Campbell and even Soderberg still here?! We got rid of Boychuk because we couldn't re-sign him. :)

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview
I would not be surprised if this was wishful thinking by someone who doesn't like Lucic.

:naughty:

Too many fans fall in love with players, Forgetting the cap space has to meet productuion. Clearly Lucic's 6+ mil a year would be a driving force to move him when we are in Cap Hell!

When Lucic plays, worth the money, but since he only seems to play 30-40% of the time...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
At this point I'm starting to hope we miss the playoffs and get a great 1st round pick if nothing crazy is going to happen.

1st round series against the habs is going to kill me.

Just sell,sell,sell but not gonna happen.

Our team needs huge changes if we want to be contenders, east is getting strong and we are falling.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Not a fan of this move. If Connolly didnt put things together with the star power and development they had in TB I find it very hard to believe he will all of a sudden start becoming the 6th overall pick that everyone loves quoting. Drouin, Johnson, Palat, etc all went in and made an impact bc there good players. They just got 2 2nd rounders for a bust that has a little upside, because essentially ANY player under 23 who was drafted in the first round (specially top 10) has this stigma of high upside and he could put it together on our team.

Why the F didnt we trade Hamil for a 2nd? Caron for a 2nd? I would have settled for one 2nd from those guys let alone two.

It was tweeted Yzerman felt they PAID a premium for Coburn (I would take Boychuk over Coburn), but they felt they GOT a premium return for Connolly. lol.

Hate being a negative nancy but this deal just pisses me off. Over paid for someone's failed development. No clear direction as of yet in what we are. Sellers? Buyers? just staying pat? I havent written one post about hating or loving Chia (read over a 1000), but I hope he does something else one way or the other today that signifies the direction of this team. Based off the prices being paid (specially by us) I hope he sells some dead weight for these steep prices.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
to those putting Connolly in our top 6, you need a reality check. The guy is a 3rd liner right now. He will replace Paille on the third with Paille slotting down to the fourth.
It's kind of silly to even waste our time arguing what is our top 6. Right now our "3rd line" is much better than our "1st line". Our wingers are pretty interchangeable and you do what you think is best for chemistry, not based on what's a "1st liner", "2nd liner" or "3rd liner".

iiBruins17*

Thank god we're not going after rentals. You guys think we're done today or still gonna make another move? I know it's a pipe dream but i would love JJ and Aktinson

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

That lines will score like a top 6 line if Julien doesn't insist on anchoring it with defensive trash like Kelly and Paille.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Not a fan of this move. If Connolly didnt put things together with the star power and development they had in TB I find it very hard to believe he will all of a sudden start becoming the 6th overall pick that everyone loves quoting. Drouin, Johnson, Palat, etc all went in and made an impact bc there good players. They just got 2 2nd rounders for a bust that has a little upside, because essentially ANY player under 23 who was drafted in the first round (specially top 10) has this stigma of high upside and he could put it together on our team.

Why the F didnt we trade Hamil for a 2nd? Caron for a 2nd? I would have settled for one 2nd from those guys let alone two.

It was tweeted Yzerman felt they PAID a premium for Coburn (I would take Boychuk over Coburn), but they felt they GOT a premium return for Connolly. lol.

Hate being a negative nancy but this deal just pisses me off. Over paid for someone's failed development. No clear direction as of yet in what we are. Sellers? Buyers? just staying pat? I havent written one post about hating or loving Chia (read over a 1000), but I hope he does something else one way or the other today that signifies the direction of this team. Based off the prices being paid (specially by us) I hope he sells some dead weight for these steep prices.
Comparing him to Hamill and Caron is pretty ridiculous. Those guys couldn't even produce in the AHL at Connolly's age, while Connolly is scoring at a near 20 goal pace in the NHL in limited minutes and lit it up down in the AHL the past 2 years.

I'm not as high on the deal as many here are, but it's ridiculous to compare Connolly to Hamill or Caron and act like their values are remotely similar.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Thank god we're not going after rentals. You guys think we're done today or still gonna make another move? I know it's a pipe dream but i would love JJ and Aktinson

We have to make future moves, if this continues next year we aren't even a playoff team, and chia can't fix this mess in 1 offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad