Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXVIII: The Peter Principal at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
to those putting Connolly in our top 6, you need a reality check. The guy is a 3rd liner right now. He will replace Paille on the third with Paille slotting down to the fourth.

See I actually think it goes back to the Bob Sweeney rule.

I see Connolly as a guy who needs to be a top 6 guy. He is a scorer, and needs to be in that type of role with a playmaking center to succeed.

I think he is a guy who if you play as a bottom 6 guy as Tampa has, then you will always be disappointed, because that simply isn't his game

Any chance Atkinson could still come here? I feel like Reilly Smith could move over to the left side if need be.

I guess maybe if another forward is dealt. Right now I think it is more likely that if Atkinson comes it will be in a 1-1 swap for Reilly Smoth

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Acquiring Connolly makes much more sense than an older midget like Atkinson, who has already reached his potential.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm a Bolts STH and you are right and wrong.... Connolly has better hands and feet but doesn't not have the strength of Lucic's yet. The potential is there.. Watch him play a lot and you can see it. Powerful strides, digs in corners, quick release. Build for Bs system, not TBs.

We are in cap hell. This is a good move.

thanks for this post- got to get someone who has been watching him consistently

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Acquiring Connolly makes much more sense than an older midget like Atkinson, who has already reached his potential.

That's true, but the price is stil ... äh.

Looking at this season and these trades it feels like we are going to be very average next year, + florida/buffalo is only getting better.

I hope so badly that chia sees this and will react to it.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
to those putting Connolly in our top 6, you need a reality check. The guy is a 3rd liner right now. He will replace Paille on the third with Paille slotting down to the fourth.

He will probably start on the 3rd line but it's not like Smith is a top 6 forward and that's where he's been playing. Connolly has a higher upside than Smith does.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
I want to see Kessel come back just to see the collective board implode

3f4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad