Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXVII: Let's Make A Deal.....please

Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
If Chia doesn't do anything before the DL I can basically guarantee he's getting canned in the summer.

I would be livid. Mostly because that's ending our PO hopes (if we squeeze in immediate elimination) and if that's the plan there is no excuse for not selling.

He has to buy or sell. Remaining mediocre is not an option.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This weekend sums up Chiarellis tenure in Boston. His inability to pull the trigger on deals at the deadline will eventually lead to his demise.

Deadline hasn't passed.

Honestly if Chia gets fired he his dances with Jerome Iginla to blame for it. The first Iginla deal hurt his rep. The Iginla (go all in) contract) led to the cap hell the Bruins are in which forced Boychuk out of town, and have troubled the team all year

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
How many people will be upset if no deals were made at this time. The price for a renatal is not worth it at this point. Time to retool and get ready for the Draft

I wont be.

Contrary to others here, the worst thing Chia could do is give up assets for magic beans or the dented soup cans of rental UFAs being offered.

Im only interested in deals that are good beyond this year.
Anything shorter is like feeding strawberrys to pigs.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Makes you wonder if it were actually a thing, perhaps an actual reputable non-rumour monger source may have actually mentioned something by now.

Have to agree, although I understand that Hutcheon is a credible local media guy, with good sources. I can't see him tweeting about a trade in place, that adds "speed", without actual confirmation.

And yet, here we are, about 24 hours later, and no names.

I was bullish on the idea that they traded for Atkinson last night; everything made sense. But I'm becoming less certain...

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
Neely has to sign off on any move he makes.

Sign off? yes... but interfere? I doubt it. I understand the Red Sox situation where deals could be 150M plus for a player why ownership would have to make the final decision... but any deal they would make would more than likely be minor at the trade deadline. I am pretty sure it would be Chiarelli's decision.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
Perry? What?

Of course you would. Perry would cost Lucic and the 1st to start. He's not available. My response was to Beesfan who said he was available. I hope it was mistake.

Oh ok I was just joking around man, obviously. Just for ***** and giggles though...if he ever was available you think lucic a first and say a gradeA proospect gets that done? Probably need a bit more huh

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Have to agree, although I understand that Hutcheon is a credible local media guy, with good sources. I can't see him tweeting about a trade in place, that adds "speed", without actual confirmation.

And yet, here we are, about 24 hours later, and no names.

I was bullish on the idea that they traded for Atkinson last night; everything made sense. But I'm becoming less certain...

Problem is, no othere reputable source chimed in and seconded it. That, to me, is a big, big, problem.

I call bull ****.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
How many people will be upset if no deals were made at this time. The price for a renatal is not worth it at this point. Time to retool and get ready for the Draft

I'd only be upset if nothing was done at all.

If you aren't going/can't make a deal to improve the team for this season, then move guys out to improve for the future.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Deadline hasn't passed.

Honestly if Chia gets fired he his dances with Jerome Iginla to blame for it. The first Iginla deal hurt his rep. The Iginla (go all in) contract) led to the cap hell the Bruins are in which forced Boychuk out of town, and have troubled the team all year

Or waiting all season to replace Boychuk.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Dreger on TSN - "Peter Chiarelli is working hard, but not getting anything done."

Apropos.

Insert Chia on the bike in the back row.

giphy.gif

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Interested in hearing Bruins fans opinion on a deal based around Marchand and Lucic for Hall.

I'd drive to Causeway street and punch Peter Chiarelli in his ****ing mouth if he did that. Gross over payment for a dude who can't stay on the ice.

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
And on a lighter note... Chia seen taking a power nap dreaming of a big deal while some GM's are actually doing it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad