Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVIII.. Can we fill another before deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
In all this are the silent promising young engaged Panthers circling the Eastern conference with some cap room flexibility and a deep prospect pool to trade. :cry:

Last edited:

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
This team reminds me of an old car.

Just about everyone has had an old car they love. It's yours. It's your own. It's something you can identify with and have a ton of great memories with. At one point it was new, everything was running on all cylinders, and it was perfect. Those were the days.

But the years go on and the parts start to wear down. The breaks grind a little more than they used to. The engine has a little more trouble starting up. Gotta replace those shocks. The ride just isn't as smooth anymore.

Despite the warning signs, you don't want to get rid of the car and sell it just yet. After all, buying a new car takes time, research, and money. You decide to go on a roadtrip in the spring, but the car breaks down. So you make some repairs, get rid of some of the old parts, buy some new ones, and hope that it runs a little while longer.

You get the car "fixed," it shows signs of improvement, and you convince yourself it'll be OK. And then something else breaks down. And another thing. And another. Old problems you thought were fixed start to resurface. And after awhile, you can't convince yourself anymore that the car can keep going. It can't compete with newer models.

At some point, you need to know when it's time to sell the car and move on instead of trying to constantly make band-aid fixes to it.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Santa is a prototypical B's player. Works hard, good on the boards, descent scoring touch and PK. Kinda like Peaverly

I honestly don't understand why you guys want Kassian. He's a poster child for bust. He's compared to Lucic but Lucic he's not. He can't skate, mentally slow and doesn't have the scoring touch

Stewart is just lazy

Well the reason I mention stewart+kassian is that I'm not our GM.
Those 2 gets talked a lot and we have an intest towards them.
This was ment to be suggestion based on that how we could do it.

Santorelli would be so much cheaper to get and sign than vermette.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Ottawa sends Chiasson for Spooner + 2015 2nd (Boston's).

Arizona gives us Gormley for Smith straight up.

Edmonton trades Yakupov for a signed Soderberg + McQuaid.

No interest in Chiasson especially at that price, the guy is big, but slow and non-physical, will probably top out at maybe 20 goals.

gravybutt

May 16, 2014
Cant be on the pc for too long before it bugs my eyes so I cant really read through all of these posts.

Are there actually any insider or something going on currently? Talks? Ive been mute to it all for the past few days because the damn roof is leaking with ice damns. If anyone in the springfield MA area wants to go swimming, bring a beach ball, and a towel. We can swim in the living room or the basement!

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
The Bruins should only sell or be static this year at the deadline. They are a smouldering wreck and no longer worthy of over paying for playoff rentals.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Santo & Winnik, both for the 4th line would be nice. Both very hard workers, and like you said, their + ratings on that team speak volumes. Campbell, Paille out, Santo, Winnik in.

Their cap hit would be the same as paille+ campbell and SANTORELLI has 29 points. :laugh:
This should be an easy call for Chia to make, they are ready to sel and we need help.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
The Leafs have apparently been authorized to go into a full rebuild. They are using the "scorched earth" approach and are prepared to be bad for 3-5 years.

Chia find the phone and call them, please.

Santorelli with 1.5hit instead of vermette, then you add that #4D.

Santorelli is a + player in toronto which can't be easy and has 29 points.

There are three players I would not mind from Toronto hat could help our squad.
Santorelli is one player.
Franson on D
and Winnik.

Saying this, I am one for getting rid of Paille, Campbell, Seids, and Miller.
I am not saying trading the B's player for the Leafs player but I would love to see the B's get rid of the players I mentioned here and insert players like the ones I mentioned from the Leafs to pump in some new life in this lifeless team we are currently watching.

Miller and Mcquaid are pretty well similar but Mcquaid has my respect to stay for a little longer on the back end and plays bigger in the playoffs too.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I'm not saying this is the case but prime example.

Look at the point leaders, guys want to fire prospects out of Beantown when all it takes sometimes is your prospect getting ice time.

Tyler Johnson 53 pts let that sink in ;)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
There are three players I would not mind from Toronto hat could help our squad.
Santorelli is one player.
Franson on D
and Winnik.

Saying this, I am one for getting rid of Paille, Campbell, Seids, and Miller.
I am not saying trading the B's player for the Leafs player but I would love to see the B's get rid of the players I mentioned here and insert players like the ones I mentioned from the Leafs to pump in some new life in this lifeless team we are currently watching.

Miller and Mcquaid are pretty well similar but Mcquaid has my respect to stay for a little longer on the back end and plays bigger in the playoffs too.

I say this again too, we need to get younger, drop dead weight,
but our GM loves his veterans too much.

But I can't believe that we could get santorelli with same cap as campbell.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Just about everyone has had an old car they love. It's yours. It's your own. It's something you can identify with and have a ton of great memories with. At one point it was new, everything was running on all cylinders, and it was perfect. Those were the days.

But the years go on and the parts start to wear down. The breaks grind a little more than they used to. The engine has a little more trouble starting up. Gotta replace those shocks. The ride just isn't as smooth anymore.

Despite the warning signs, you don't want to get rid of the car and sell it just yet. After all, buying a new car takes time, research, and money. You decide to go on a roadtrip, but the car break down. So you make some repairs, get rid of some of the old parts, buy some new ones, and hope that it runs a little while longer.

You get the car "fixed," it shows signs of improvement, and you convince yourself it'll be OK. And then something else breaks down. And another thing. And another. Old problems you thought were fixed start to resurface. And after awhile, you can't convince yourself anymore that the car can keep going.

At some point, you need to know when it's time to sell the car and move on instead of trying to constantly make band-aid fixes to it.
I think the engine (Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Kelly, Chara, Rask) is fine, maybe just needs an oil change. The driver serviced it regularly after all. But the body has some rust, and new tires would be nice to.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

Despite the warning signs, you don't want to get rid of the car and sell it just yet. After all, buying a new car takes time, research, and money. You decide to go on a roadtrip in the spring, but the car breaks down. So you make some repairs, get rid of some of the old parts, buy some new ones, and hope that it runs a little while longer.

You get the car "fixed," it shows signs of improvement, and you convince yourself it'll be OK. And then something else breaks down. And another thing. And another. Old problems you thought were fixed start to resurface. And after awhile, you can't convince yourself anymore that the car can keep going. It can't compete with newer models.

Sublime. :handclap:

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
I think the engine (Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, Kelly, Chara, Rask) is fine, maybe just needs an oil change. The driver serviced it regularly after all. But the body has some rust, and new tires would be nice to.

If it's an Oil Change you need, I'm sure NHL Network can arrange that. :naughty:

But yes, I agree. Components of the car still work OK. Maybe transfer them to a new car?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
And this differs from the previous 6-8 years, how?

I'd say there's a good chance to see some change in the toronto lineup.

I wasn't here a year ago but if there's a chance to get Santorelli why not go for it and try?

Santorelli is a free agent and he could replace Soda if we lose him and he could be cheaper to re-sign.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I say this again too, we need to get younger, drop dead weight,
but our GM loves his veterans too much.

But I can't believe that we could get santorelli with same cap as campbell.

If Chia has no chance to make the big splash and can benefit from smaller but more up lifting value to our club than he should go this route.
However, if there is something brewing that is a little bigger and better than I can understand if he does not go ahead right now.
This is a very nasty and trick business and I just hope Chia does come up with a good formula one way or another to make this team the tough and nasty hard working team it once was with better D men mobility.

Looch has been left alone up front to do all the hitting but one man cannot do it all.
We need more hard hitting bodies and balance on our forward line combos that can cause big head aches to our opponents D especially those stinking Scab team we seem to have become Pillsbury soft too and this to me is totally unacceptable.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I just read Haggs' piece on how he thinks the Bruins should explore trading Chara. I for one think he will retire a Bruin and go down as one of the B's all-time greats.

That being said, if Chara ever approved a deal, a team like Nashville should be all over him.

Imagine Chara-Weber pairing in the playoffs... YIKES!

Just a thought.

Chara + Philly's 2nd

for

Ekholm + Fiala + 1st

Nashville has as good a chance at the cup this year than any other team.

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA

The problem is (or I guess one of many problems, to be fair), the spark plug you used on the engine (i.e., Kelly) is diamond encrusted...

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
I'd say there's a good chance to see some change in the toronto lineup.

I wasn't here a year ago but if there's a chance to get Santorelli why not go for it and try?

Santorelli is a free agent and he could replace Soda if we lose him and he could be cheaper to re-sign.

Not arguing with any of your points. Was actually just making fun of the Leafs; they've been bad for about 8 years now (to varying degrees of suck) but are "preparing" to be bad for 3-5 years.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

We went from being a Mercedes to a Datsun and we are a few oil changes away from being a Lada....
Loved reading your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad