Proposal: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XVIII.. Can we fill another before deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
It's too bad chiarelli never bought low on kassian. Everyone here just looked at his stats. He's a good cheap young player who would be great on the 2nd or 3rd line wing and he's a right shot. But he evaluated too long as usual and now he is finally being used by the Canucks and they realize he has talent.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would love to see the Bruins add another D like Methot, sekera etc, one or 2 good 3/4 line guys like Chris neil, Mike Santorelli, Zack Kassian or Cam Atkinson.

Please stay away from Christ Stewart, Milan Michalek, Jaromir Jagr, Michael Ryder and Anotine Vermette.

Also I would be thrilled to see Chia make a really bold move besides the 2-3 trades from above and go out for a big splash, move a core player like Eriksson, Soderberg or Marchand as part of a deal for a top line scorer like a Bobby Ryan, Wayne Simmonds or Joe Pavelski type of player.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
It's too bad chiarelli never bought low on kassian. Everyone here just looked at his stats. He's a good cheap young player who would be great on the 2nd or 3rd line wing and he's a right shot. But he evaluated too long as usual and now he is finally being used by the Canucks and they realize he has talent.

So 3 goals in the past week means he's now worth what??

& whoever said Chiarelli had the option to "buy low"? Can this be confirmed?

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

How about Roman Polak from Toronto?

In a vaccuum, sure. But Polak is unfortunately only marginally better than McQuaid and Miller.

I know this team would never have the cahonas to do it IN season, but you have to seriously gauge the value of Seidenberg right now. I'd seriously consider a hockey trade surrounding him. Get somebody in here that needs a change of scenery. Call me insane, but I've been pondering it for awhile. We always here the name Edler. We heard it last year. What about something surrounding Seidenberg and Bartkowski for Edler? I think the value is fair. You are acquiring Edler at the age (or right around it) that you acquired Seidenberg at. Nobody was exactly pegging Seids then as a shutdown guy on a cup contender then, either. Just a thought.

From there though, you can't be done. One move has to be to get a hockey trade like that. The second would be to acquire another top 4 guy. Somebody that fills the stay at home reliable, but offensively capable. I keep coming back to a guy like Sekera. I don't like the cost. But a deal that IMO is a worthy move for a team like Carolina is Spooner and a 2015 second. They get a great pick in a great draft, and they get a center who is ready for the NHL NOW. He can help a brutal powerplay, he can get fair third line minutes, and can cause problems for team's bottom pairings with his speed. He can be a cost effective piece for them in the next few years that they can utilize at a position they are kind of weak at. Outside of Staal and Lindholm, they don't have much. Nash and Rask are both decent players, but both have been getting overwhelmed this year. I still think Nash is more of a winger than a center.

I don't know though...I'm just spitballing.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
How about trading Hamilton & 1st for OEL. And then Seidenberg, Phi 2nd for Sekera? I don't think Seidenberg has met Chia's expectations after returning from his injury. Not sure he will ever.

Chara-OEL
Sekera-McQuaid
Krug-Miller

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
How about trading Hamilton & 1st for OEL. And then Seidenberg, Phi 2nd for Sekera? I don't think Seidenberg has met Chia's expectations after returning from his injury. Not sure he will ever.

Chara-OEL
Sekera-McQuaid
Krug-Miller

Still leaves you with McQuaid in the top four (as much as I love the guy, this is a problem) and costs a first in the process.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
In a vaccuum, sure. But Polak is unfortunately only marginally better than McQuaid and Miller.

I know this team would never have the cahonas to do it IN season, but you have to seriously gauge the value of Seidenberg right now. I'd seriously consider a hockey trade surrounding him. Get somebody in here that needs a change of scenery. Call me insane, but I've been pondering it for awhile. We always here the name Edler. We heard it last year. What about something surrounding Seidenberg and Bartkowski for Edler? I think the value is fair. You are acquiring Edler at the age (or right around it) that you acquired Seidenberg at. Nobody was exactly pegging Seids then as a shutdown guy on a cup contender then, either. Just a thought.

From there though, you can't be done. One move has to be to get a hockey trade like that. The second would be to acquire another top 4 guy. Somebody that fills the stay at home reliable, but offensively capable. I keep coming back to a guy like Sekera. I don't like the cost. But a deal that IMO is a worthy move for a team like Carolina is Spooner and a 2015 second. They get a great pick in a great draft, and they get a center who is ready for the NHL NOW. He can help a brutal powerplay, he can get fair third line minutes, and can cause problems for team's bottom pairings with his speed. He can be a cost effective piece for them in the next few years that they can utilize at a position they are kind of weak at. Outside of Staal and Lindholm, they don't have much. Nash and Rask are both decent players, but both have been getting overwhelmed this year. I still think Nash is more of a winger than a center.

Probably would have to add a 1st rounder to Seidenber & Bart in order to get Edler. Sekera for Seidenberg+ would be great. Seidenberg gets to return to his old roots. We get a younger & healthier version of Seids.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Still leaves you with McQuaid in the top four (as much as I love the guy, this is a problem) and costs a first in the process.

Yup, but maybe Sekera's mobility would cover up Adam's deficiencies. Would be better than Seids-McQuaid for sure. The addition of OEL & Sekera would improve the top 4 so much that McQuaid will look like a #4 lol.

Mr. Make-Believe

I don't think the Canucks would have any interest in trading Edler anymore. There was a time and place for that deal and it was last year with the incompetent management in Vancouver. He's been their best defender this year (by a hell of a margin from what I've witnessed) and I don't think they'd be interested in downgrading the position in a fight for the playoffs.

I will say THIS though.

I've never been open to the idea of trading Dennis Seidenberg. I think he's been aces for years in Boston and was ecstatic when he agreed to the contract he did. But he's lost me for most of this season. That last injury may have been a killer for him and I'd look to trade him for the right return. Kills me to say that about a player who has been so solid and so clutch for us since they picked him up.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
So 3 goals in the past week means he's now worth what??

& whoever said Chiarelli had the option to "buy low"? Can this be confirmed?
it means the coach has probably realized he should not have healthy scratched him since lately he has been one of their best players. goals aside, the guy has been very good. i live in bc and unfortunately watch too many canucks games. the guy is a good skater, not the greatest, but much better than lucic anyways. he goes to the net and plays a game similar to simmonds as far as his net presence is concerned. he will fight and stick up for teammates and he is a very very good passer. seems like everything we want and he is under 2 million.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I don't think the Canucks would have any interest in trading Edler anymore. There was a time and place for that deal and it was last year with the incompetent management in Vancouver. He's been their best defender this year (by a hell of a margin from what I've witnessed) and I don't think they'd be interested in downgrading the position in a fight for the playoffs.

I will say THIS though.

I've never been open to the idea of trading Dennis Seidenberg. I think he's been aces for years in Boston and was ecstatic when he agreed to the contract he did. But he's lost me for most of this season. That last injury may have been a killer for him and I'd look to trade him for the right return. Kills me to say that about a player who has been so solid and so clutch for us since they picked him up.

I understand that they probably aren't in the best position to be trading him while fighting for a playoff spot.

It's just hard to look at a team outside of the playoffs that has a guy worth trading for outside of Sekera, and as I've said, they need more than just him. And its difficult for me to justify this team trading for a defenseman over the age of 30. Especially in a hockey trade. That's sort of why I eliminated a few guys on my list, such as Nick Grossman, Nick Schultz, Fedor Tyutin, Andy Greene, Dan Hamhuis, and guys of that caliber. They need something like that.

Mr. Make-Believe

I understand that they probably aren't in the best position to be trading him while fighting for a playoff spot.

It's just hard to look at a team outside of the playoffs that has a guy worth trading for outside of Sekera, and as I've said, they need more than just him. And its difficult for me to justify this team trading for a defenseman over the age of 30. Especially in a hockey trade. That's sort of why I eliminated a few guys on my list, such as Nick Grossman, Nick Schultz, Fedor Tyutin, Andy Greene, Dan Hamhuis, and guys of that caliber. They need something like that.

If it was a rental defenseman, what would his age have to do with the acquisition? Provided the guy could still play the game, that is.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
for the people who watch a guy like kassian once or twice in their life and he looks like crap, you have to give yourself a much bigger sample size. he was a good junior player and all the scouts loved him. he had and still has talent. he might look like crap sometimes or be invisible but to say he sucks because you watched him once makes little sense. if that were the case and a jets fan watched his first ever bruins game earlier in the season, he would say wow why does lucic make 6 million the guy is brutal.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
If it was a rental defenseman, what would his age have to do with the acquisition? Provided the guy could still play the game, that is.

Sekera would be the rental (although some of the guys I listed could potentially be too, although I don't think any are UFAs). I'm talking about moving Seidenberg as well. The guy they get in return for him would not be a rental.

I guess my viewpoint was that just adding a rental d-man won't change enough of this team for a cup run. It would require adding a rental d-man and making a hockey trade to bring in another defenseman and utilizing Seidenberg + as the offer.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I guess I'm just not as sold on either of those two pickups (OEL, Sekera) as others are. :dunno:

You might be right. Hamilton & 1st would be too much for OEL now that I think about it. Maybe Hamilton, Bart, 1st for OEL & Michalek.
Chara-OEL
Sekera-Michalek

lol too drastic a change I think. Don't think anybody has ever exchanged 3/4 of their top 4.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

I have to admit that I too have been pondering this same idea for good while.
I was not thinking really which other NHL team would have interest in him but I would certainly try hard to move him if the opportunity exists.
Personally, I like your proposal but I am not certain if Vancouver will but the possibility is certainly there.
Perhaps involve the trade that we can also acquire Kassian and see how to make this happen.
I was so excited when we landed Seids because I knew he was a warrior in the playoffs but since his injury and he has aged some now too he does not bring to the table what this D core needs.
We are way too slow and Seids seems to have fallen somewhat too.
Perhaps a team that is better defensively than our back end would take a stab at him.

I do like the idea of trying to trade Seids now because this back end does need some retooling indeed.

Good job.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Sekera would be the rental (although some of the guys I listed could potentially be too, although I don't think any are UFAs). I'm talking about moving Seidenberg as well. The guy they get in return for him would not be a rental.

I guess my viewpoint was that just adding a rental d-man won't change enough of this team for a cup run. It would require adding a rental d-man and making a hockey trade to bring in another defenseman and utilizing Seidenberg + as the offer.

Maybe Sekera could be re-signed, not just a rental. I know he wants $6 million, but maybe he'll settle for $5 million. Send Seids + for him, and you open enough cap space for Sekera. Then get a rental like Michalek, and you got Sekera-Michalek on the 2nd pairing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The Leafs have apparently been authorized to go into a full rebuild. They are using the "scorched earth" approach and are prepared to be bad for 3-5 years.

Chia find the phone and call them, please.

Santorelli with 1.5M cap hit instead of vermette, then you add that #4D. Sekera and kassian/Stewart to add strenght/size

Santorelli is a + player in toronto which can't be easy and has 29 points.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Ottawa sends Chiasson for Spooner + 2015 2nd (Boston's).

Arizona gives us Gormley for Smith straight up.

Edmonton trades Yakupov for a signed Soderberg + McQuaid.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yup, but maybe Sekera's mobility would cover up Adam's deficiencies. Would be better than Seids-McQuaid for sure. The addition of OEL & Sekera would improve the top 4 so much that McQuaid will look like a #4 lol.

Removing 2 top 4 defenseman and replacing them with 2 more top 4 defenseman, while we still have McQuaid in the Top 4 is lateral at best.

McQuaid is not a top 4 defenseman regardless of who he is playing with.

And yes, I understand Sekera and OEL are better than Hamilton and Seidenberg, but we are still not filling any roster holes by doing this.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Maybe Sekera could be re-signed, not just a rental. I know he wants $6 million, but maybe he'll settle for $5 million. Send Seids + for him, and you open enough cap space for Sekera. Then get a rental like Michalek, and you got Sekera-Michalek on the 2nd pairing.

We can easily have the money and some left if our GM understands that we have to get younger.

Dump campbell, paille, Seids, Kelly to ottawa, smith
12M+ room, Rookies pasta, koko, morrow, cunningham+ one with under 1M cap hit. with this space sign sekera+ (1 good player).

We use this cap space which we have right now to sign hamilton, soda and krug and with our rookies making 4M together we are fine again.
But will we see this, noou.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
The Leafs have apparently been authorized to go into a full rebuild. They are using the "scorched earth" approach and are prepared to be bad for 3-5 years.

Santorelli with 1.5M cap hit instead of vermette, then you add that #4D. Sekera and kassian/Stewart to add strenght/size

Santa is a prototypical B's player. Works hard, good on the boards, descent scoring touch and PK. Kinda like Peaverly

I honestly don't understand why you guys want Kassian. He's a poster child for bust. He's compared to Lucic but Lucic he's not. He can't skate, mentally slow and doesn't have the scoring touch

Stewart is just lazy

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Santo & Winnik, both for the 4th line would be nice. Both very hard workers, and like you said, their + ratings on that team speak volumes. Campbell, Paille out, Santo, Winnik in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad