Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XIX: I Don't Want to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Zidlicky is a guy Chiarelli should take a serious waiver on. If we can acquire him at 50% retained, he'd help the mobility on the backend a lot. Steve Bernier wouldn't be a bad option as a depth piece, only making 600K.

I'm praying Campbell is moved. What is the use for him when Cunningham is normally taking the faceoffs in the defensive zone? Pointless money being wasted.

All in all, I see Chiarelli acquiring Stewart and Zidlicky/Michalek. Subtracting Bartkowski and Campbell (Hopefully, but probably not). Both 2nds most likely moved as well.

Lucic-Krejci-Stewart
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Cunningham

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Zidlicky
Krug-McQuaid

I believe that would be a big mistake, Stewart and Zidlicky aren't going to make much of a difference, and not that I care if Campbell is gone, but Bart still garners some interest and those picks are more valuable than rentals that include Stewart who seems to be a mess.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Open your eyes,that lineup gives you more underperformance. I don't know why I bother.

how so???

you have young guys that can skate on each line; and you drop two guys that have been major dead weight this year. I don't have the numbers; but I know many, many others here have said the same thing about Eriksson and Soderberg this year.

We won in the past with depth, but everyone is looking to load the top lines and leave 4 million dollars worth of dead weight on the 4th taking up 10-12 minutes a night and getting you absolutely nothing.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Hell ****ing No.

No. I wouldn't take Kassian & Matthias for Eriksson alone. Not unless Benning added a 1st

Fair enough. Matthias would be 3rd on the Bruins in scoring.

What's more is that both of them combined make less than Stewart. LeBrun reporting that Canucks would like to make a hockey trade and move Kassian but will add in Matthias to get the top six winger they need.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
What the **** for? So Eriksson can waste away? It's the absolute opposite of what should happen.

It's funny, BNHL. When we leave the Seguin thread, we start agreeing on stuff.

I agree with this too -- for the time being, a lot more appropriate to have Eriksson on the top line, and have Pasta on the 2nd and 3rd.

It's too much to ask Pasta to have to face top line competition every night. He's too young; got to let him build confidence.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA

What's more is that both of them combined make less than Stewart. LeBrun reporting that Canucks would like to make a hockey trade and move Kassian but will add in Matthias to get the top six winger they need.

FWIW, they both play for a team that is a BETTER offensive team than we are (14th v. 21st) and yet their combined point totals equals Eriksson. What you're essentially doing is trading a horse for ponies, and then trading one of the ponies for a rocking horse. You want to trade the other way, trade your ponies for a horse.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
After watching Soderberg be inconsistent and sft in his own end I don't think they should break the bank to resign him. Anaheim might look at him as a guy that could put them over the top with Kesler and Getzlaf ahead of him at center. Try for Nick Ritchie, see what else you may need tot hrow in but that would seem to be a sensible trade for a team looking to rebuild, or one that should be looking to rebuild if they had a better GM.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Scoring this season is a problem across the board for the 14-15 Bruins. Where would Matthias fall last season in comparison to B's? Or season before? He's mediocre IMO. I just think Chiarelli can do better than that package if he decides to sell on Loui.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

Man, we can't be sending any more wingers away, for bottom line players.

If we trade Eriksson, it HAS to be in order to trade up. Package Eriksson with some other pieces, to acquire a top line winger.

I understand why you think Kassian would be a nice add, but not for any deal that involves a talent like Eriksson.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

What if instead of moving Eriksson we move Yeti? He's doesn't have a NTC/NMC and it addresses there 2nd line center position, which checks off another top 6 forward.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
After watching Soderberg be inconsistent and sft in his own end I don't think they should break the bank to resign him. Anaheim might look at him as a guy that could put them over the top with Kesler and Getzlaf ahead of him at center. Try for Nick Ritchie, see what else you may need tot hrow in but that would seem to be a sensible trade for a team looking to rebuild, or one that should be looking to rebuild if they had a better GM.

Then they should trade Soda now, or re-sign and trade him.

Send him, plus a pick, to Edmonton for Yak.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Moving Yeti, keeping Eriksson has its merits. Eriksson plays a very good all around game. I know he gets bashed for his lack of goals vs. prive tag, but he's arguably been more valuable the last two months than Yeti.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What if instead of moving Eriksson we move Yeti? He's doesn't have a NTC/NMC and it addresses there 2nd line center position, which checks off another top 6 forward.

How about both? Kassian, Matthias, Dane Fox or Cole Cassels and a first.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
What would Jimmy Hayes cost us from Florida? (If the Panthers fall off)

Seems like he could have been a buy low last year or in the off season.

The guy is aircraft carrier on skates AND he can move.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
FWIW, they both play for a team that is a BETTER offensive team than we are (14th v. 21st) and yet their combined point totals equals Eriksson. What you're essentially doing is trading a horse for ponies, and then trading one of the ponies for a rocking horse. You want to trade the other way, trade your ponies for a horse.

It does fit the bill of getting heavier but I also understand where you are coming from. At this point I am just praying for a move to bring in some sort of RFA that has an actual upside or a player under contract with similar upside over any of the terrible rentals available and their ridiculous prices.

Yes, adds to our depth up front and saves a little cap space as well.

That's what I was leaning towards. Paired with a Smith and Soderberg move this could reshape the forward core back into a bigger, more physical Bruins style of team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad