Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XIX: I Don't Want to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So this means Chia is going all in on vermette and we can't afford anyone else.

We really need help on that #4D spot and I'm afraid our D is the same next year as it is now.

Or does this mean our intrest with toronto has something to do with JVR :laugh:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Sometimes it feels like the media sets the market.

Why is some over the hill, glorified 3rd liner like Vermette the only remaining option. How about the guy who gets hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to manage a club actually earn it and make his own deal appear?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So Franson gets a first and Santorelli a mid level prospect.

Cody would have fit great here.

Would have been nice to get a first plus for Boychuk.

Yes boychuk was cheap. Boychuk plays the whole season for isles, not just few months and is a playoff beast.

Nashville is gonna be a strong team, they have young "elite" potential players and can afford to lose their this years 1st pick for these guys and they got to dump jokinen and his 2.5M hit.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Going to help make some people feel better. These are the teams who actually have a 2015 1st rounder left, and who I think can and will trade their 2015 1st round picks:

Anaheim
Tampa Bay

These are the teams I think *could*, but have lots of reasons not to:

Chicago (terrible cap situation, will use their pick to ease out of that long term)
Detroit (old core, is going to draft with that pick)

This team *could*, but traditionally has not done it:

Montreal

There's just not an abundance of buyers in a position to toss 1st rounders around here at the deadline. So no matter what you think of the price tags based on the last few trades, you need enough buyers to pay the prices, or else the prices come down.

I maintain that many (most) of the assets that are going to be moved around in the coming weeks, will go for 2nd rounders + prospects. I think in a few cases 2016 1sts, could come into play, but most selling teams want something more immediate to satisfy unhappy fans and sell tickets.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Don't worry, fellow fans. Chris Stewart and his blazing speed will lead us right past Montreal.

Arthur*

Straw poll: Who is a better all-around hockey player, Cody Franson or Johnny Boychuk? Just curious...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Don't worry, fellow fans. Chris Stewart and his blazing speed will lead us right past Montreal.

+ vermette for 1st++.

And we go out in the 1st round.

I'd hate to see chia making the trades for vermette+stewart.
He has eyes, he has to know our D is ....... up :laugh:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Losing that faith PC. Almost rather see them do nothing that would benefit THIS year.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
So Franson gets a first and Santorelli a mid level prospect.

Cody would have fit great here.

Would have been nice to get a first plus for Boychuk.

Ever notice how hockey trades are hard and rental prices high, except where Bruins assets are involved?

Seguin turned out to be a very easy hockey trade. And Boychuk a low priced rental.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Ever notice how hockey trades are hard and rental prices high, except where Bruins assets are involved?

Seguin turned out to be a very easy hockey trade. And Boychuk a low priced rental.

It's what happens when you overpay for role players and give out NTC to everyone. Not a lot of leverage.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Weird that teams are making hockey trades when trades are hard, etc.

I see people make posts like these, and I can't help but smile.

Chevy had made almost no trades for the Jets in his whole tenure. I can't even think of his last one before this one. Now all of a sudden he makes one, and it's Chia who isn't good at making trades.

Guys, there aren't a lot of GM's out there who trade that much more than Pete.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Carkner and Stalberg on waivers. Time for PC's heavy move.
Liked Stalberg when he first came up with the Leafs; tall speedy winger with offensive skills. Unfortunately, his high in goals was 22 with the Hawks a few years back. Could slot in at LW on the Swede line.

He's 29 now and carrying a 3.5m price rage for each of the next two years. Not worth it IMO.

Last edited:

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Kiked Stalberg when he first came up with the Leafs; tall speedy winger with offensive skills. Unfortunately, his high in goals was 22 with the Hawks a few years back. Could slot in at LW on the Swede line.

He's 29 now and carrying a 3.5m price rage for each of the next two years. Not worth it IMO.

I know. It was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad