Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors XIX: I Don't Want to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
How would people feel about a deal of Rask for Hall and hand the keys to Subban for the future? In theory it would solve some of our issues and Edmonton's too.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
How would people feel about a deal of Rask for Hall and hand the keys to Subban for the future? In theory it would solve some of our issues and Edmonton's too.

Sure we will just hand the keys over to an unproven Malcolm Subban. People's blind love affair with Subban is baffling. He is not even close to a top AHL goalie. Why does everyone think he is ready to take over the starting role? Heck, he isn't even ready to be a backup!

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
We should have 2M+ cap room, smith+bart for boedker takes care of that,
then we can afford pick+spooner/someone to sekera
And if we can drop the dead weight on 4th we can add kassian.

You can't tell me these 3 guys wouldn't help us more than our current 4th line.
We need youth/speed/skill.

And boedker is rfa and sekera is probably going to re-sign with boston if he gets out of carolina, and before the trade you can ask what sekera wants to do in the future but signing with boston sounds nice after spending years in chaos carolina.

They don't want totrade OEL and if they can't get high potential D-man back who does they have in the back end?
They'd lose michalek and OEL.
The problem with OEL is that he's already starting to have that elite D status.

I want OEL but they are not going to take a first+morrow and something for him, they can't be that stupid.

Didn't they say OEL was available as well for the right price? Maybe add a 2nd.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Didn't they say OEL was available as well for the right price? Maybe add a 2nd.

Yes if the price is crazy.

But again I'd love to have OEL and would give them almost anything to get him.

OEL-hamilton pairing could be elite for 10 years or if we would have to give them hamilton+ I'd still do it in a heartbeat.

Just 23y and already elite guys and has a great contract.

Dallas Eakins*

I would trade Rask in a heartbeat for a young star at any other position but sure as Hell not for Hall why do people think he would be a good fit in Boston? If Seguin gets run out of town we might as well sharpen our pitchforks now.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
LOL...how ridiculous does that sound? lol :help:

I guess I wasn't clear enough or you just read the one comment and chose to ignore the rest.

Tell me why Chia would be a sought after GM should be fired from the bruins? What example can you give?

How's his draft record?
How does he manage the cap?
How did he do AFTER the cup?
How is he at molding his team to the coach? How does the coach do in molding the players that are here?

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Don't forget HOF caliber GMs Jim Rutherford, Jay Feaster and Brian Burke.. All solo Cup winners as well.

How many of them made in back to a Cup in a second year and won the President's Trophy in a third?

And before you say that President's Trophies don't mean ****, Chiarelli wasn't on the ice against Montreal. He put together a good team.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org

Pardon me but NO WAY! That makes no sense at all. I rarely ever comment on trade post's/threads etc. So your lucky lol :laugh: The way to build a team is from your goalie on out. And were fortunate to have Rask, who's a great goalie. Do you forget that he won the Vezina last season. Honestly I'd say he's been our best player thus far this season.

You think management would even consider that trade when Subban has never started an NHL game. Sounds like a trade one would do playing Playstation.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
How many of them made in back to a Cup in a second year and won the President's Trophy in a third?

And before you say that President's Trophies don't mean ****, Chiarelli wasn't on the ice against Montreal. He put together a good team.

So you give the credit to Chiarelli when the team plays well but when they lose it's "Chiarelli wasn't on the ice"?

This is a business of what have you done for me lately. And Chia has handcuffed this team and it's going to take a miracle like reversing the past 2 years for him to ever look good in Boston again.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Good, not great.

President's trophy is meaningless, as long as a team makes the playoffs. IE. If we make 8th seed, and make conference finals, I find that more "successful" than winning the President's trophy and losing in the 2nd round.

Chiarelli hasn't improved the team with more than enough time. Patience is wearing thin with the fanbase and it seems management above him.

Too many people all across the board sitting comfy. Some heads will be rolling soon.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Zero. And he did put together a good team as long as they remained completely healthy (no depth again), then didn't replace his #3.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I would trade Rask in a heartbeat for a young star at any other position but sure as Hell not for Hall why do people think he would be a good fit in Boston? If Seguin gets run out of town we might as well sharpen our pitchforks now.

Appropriate username

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Rask has little to nothing to do with why this team is struggling/Stinks. Fans are desperately looking for a player/players to pin the losing on. Again I think Rask has been our best player thus far this season.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Good, not great.

President's trophy is meaningless, as long as a team makes the playoffs. IE. If we make 8th seed, and make conference finals, I find that more "successful" than winning the President's trophy and losing in the 2nd round.

Chiarelli hasn't improved the team with more than enough time. Patience is wearing thin with the fanbase and it seems management above him.

Too many people all across the board sitting comfy. Some heads will be rolling soon.

To his point there's a difference between successful and good or great. An 82 game season is a far more indicative sample size than a 7 game series where injuries, missed calls, dumb luck etc can play a massive role, but that's not the ultimate prize. There's been plenty of teams that have made conference finals or even SCF that I'm not convinced even meet the "good" threshold but got on a roll at the right time. The old "Cinderella story".

Chiarelli put together a roster that was heads and shoulders above any other in the conference, and they failed to get it done when it mattered.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

I would consider it, but would rather use Lucic to pry Hall from Edmonton. If Rask were to be traded, then Boston could sign Niemi as a free agent and have him as the starter until Subban is ready to take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad